Olight S1R!

Toby

Newly Enlightened
S1R picture
li7WlC2.jpg
[/IMG]

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
This looks like a great light! I almost bought the S1 until I saw this post.
Is there a price yet for the S1R and are there any recommend places to purchase one at?

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
The S1R comes with an IMR battery to hit the 900 lumens. You can use a CR123A or 16340 though with no issues.

I am new to Olight and this will be my first purchase. I have a couple of questions.
I assume when the light is in 900 lumens mode it will run a minute or so then drop down to a lower setting like the S1 does, what Lumens will it then run at after dropping down from 900 lumens?
And if you don't use the IMR battery to hit the 900 lumens, what will the maximum lumens be with the CR123A or 16340?

Going gear has them on pre-order.

Thanks. They have a huge selection of products. First time that I have been on their web site. I also talked to them for a little bit on the phone with some questions. They were friendly and helpful.

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
Nice!
Where did you get yours at? They weren't due to be released until September...

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
I became a sucker for these lovely Olights! I will get all new versions that will use a single 16340 or CR123 or 14500.The fact that i am thinking about changing my name to MarOlight instead of Marfenix says enough.

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
Nice!
Where did you get yours at? They weren't due to be released until September...

Direct from Olight. A review unit.

I was wondering if you got one to review and was going to ask you.
I see that you have done some reviews before including the Olight S1A & S2A. You did a great job on it! Lot's of pictures, videos and information.
Looking forward to your review on the S1R. I asked Olight some questions on it but your review will probably have the answers, if not I'll post them in your review. The questions I have are already posted in this thread.

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
my first impressions with S1R

- charger stopped 4.23V
- came with IMR battery (550mAh) special battery, you can use only with S1R (you can use S1R with other cells, but can't charge)
- pwm effect in lowest (moonlight mode) (looks very fast, so not visible in real life) other modes looks perfect
- 900 lumen mode looks very bright :)
- no holster, but came with a small bag with Olight label and logo

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be great to have a picture to compare sizes with the regular S1.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you gopajti, as always you got amazing clear and nice pictures !:thumbsup:

So side by side, both light are similar except the S1r is a bit longer ?

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but these photos not as good as I wanted, just quick shots.. head/body diameter looks same or very similar (S1 vs S1R), but length S1 61,1mm, S1R 66,6mm, S10R II 73,4mm (I use Mitutoyo digital caliper).

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
left S1R, right S1. S1R charger use 750mA charge current

Last edited:

Latest posts