Olight Seeker 3 Pro vs Seeker 2 Pro?

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
D'oh! :insert facepalm here: Thanks. I was just looking at my WXPro and was momentarily blinded by the light. You'd never know I was new to all this high-tech LED stuff amiright? TNX!

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Ordered the Seeker 3 Pro bundle in Basic Black for $97 but maybe somebody can answer a question for me. When it first went on sale, I thought all the bundles were different colored 3s with different colored i5Rs, all for the same $97.

But just before pressing Play, it seems one bundle is an S3PO with a lighted snow globe and another includes some goofy knife. The last is a "Desert Tan" S3PO with an "OD Green" i5R, now at $107! Not at $97. (Olight plays a little fast and loose with colors vs names.)

So from somebody paying closer attention than I, was that Tan/Green bundle always $107 ? Or did they raise it from $97 at some point? I might have gone for it at the cheaper price but am OK with Basic Black – for its cheaper price.

Hm. Now it shows $105. I need a nap.

Last edited:

fwafwow

Newly Enlightened
Ordered the Seeker 3 Pro bundle in Basic Black for $97 but maybe somebody can answer a question for me. When it first went on sale, I thought all the bundles were different colored 3s with different colored i5Rs, all for the same $97.

But just before pressing Play, it seems one bundle is an S3PO with a lighted snow globe and another includes some goofy knife. The last is a "Desert Tan" S3PO with an "OD Green" i5R, now at $107! Not at $97. (Olight plays a little fast and loose with colors vs names.)

So from somebody paying closer attention than I, was that Tan/Green bundle always $107 ? Or did they raise it from $97 at some point? I might have gone for it at the cheaper price but am OK with Basic Black – for its cheaper price.
LOL. I can't say that I was paying close attention, but you may be right. I was going for the orange light and could have sworn the "bundle" bonus was the i5R in matching orange. At checkout I did see the change you referenced, but I wasn't a fan (or in need) of the snow globe thingy. And sir, please don't dismiss the Nightclaw. Before Olight brought this DARPA invention to the retail world, it was a prized piece of D2 semi-stainless stell kit of SEAL, Delta and other Tier 1 warriors. Buy it while you can - it may save your life and/or the lives of those you love.

And yes, I fell for the Desert Tan and OD Green combo as a gift for a buddy.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hm. Now it shows $105. I need a nap.
They were always different prices and combo's, with the Midnight Blue (wolf) being the most expensive. I wanted to get the Midnight blue with the i5R, but was not available as a combo. So I ordered separately...

tokerblue

Newly Enlightened
They were always different prices and combo's, with the Midnight Blue (wolf) being the most expensive. I wanted to get the Midnight blue with the i5R, but was not available as a combo. So I ordered separately...
I can confirm. The lights and bundles are usually different prices. Sometimes due to color and other times due to the bundled item.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine, seems to have issues with the switch. One example, does not want to stay in moon mode for more than 30 seconds then jumps to low even when just sitting there tail standing. Anyone else having issues?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick update and a few comments. I found that after going into moon mode quickly turning the dial down (counter clockwise) solves the issue. The level 1 led flashes one time to let you know your at the bottom and moon mode then holds. Don't think it's suppose to operate like this, but quick easy solution either way.

Ok, with that out of the way...I wish the "wolf" scene stood out better. Maybe the background or foreground could have been painted a different color. I wish Olight would include clips, I have one on the way from Ebay. I do like the blue case. The hot spot is larger than the Seeker 2 Pro and must be where the extra 1000 lumen go as the range is no different from the Seeker 2 Pro. Personally I like that. Battery charged up just fine using the 1 amp charger I had from a different Olight. Did not unbox/try the one that came with it.

I like the light a lot, but don't care for the fine tuning dial. Hope it's not a durability/reliability problem down the road for those who use these lights a lot.

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
I have the blue seeker 2 pro, and I bought the seeker 3 pro mainly for the little (1000 lumen) extra flood. I got the black seeker 3 bundle with the black i5R and i1R 2 Eos for 104.01 shipped which I think is a fair deal. If it is just as good as the seeker 2 pro I will be happy. I won't buy anymore of their lights with proprietary cells from now on though, so it's possible that they lost a good customer.

Cree XHP 70 LED

Newly Enlightened
Update: My seeker 3 pro when fully charged and on medium or high when double tapped for turbo it just toggles between medium and high. I have to turn the light off completely then double tap to get to turbo. I have a feeling the switch is going to give people issues, I wish they would have just kept the same switch. I think I'm done with Olight. After all the proprietary cells and chargers, now this crappy switch more money for Malkoff.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm done with Olight as well. They've recently announced the Warrior 3, and between the Warrior X Pro and the Seeker 3 Pro, I'm good.

I'll look elsewhere for a non-floody downrange light.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
And sir, please don't dismiss the Nightclaw. Before Olight brought this DARPA invention to the retail world, it was a prized piece of D2 semi-stainless stell kit of SEAL, Delta and other Tier 1 warriors.

The Claw's shape may be handy for cutting shroud lines or rope lines, but for defensive purposes and everyday mundane tasks, I have a Benchmade Barrage for EDC to cover those bases. Seriously, in my case a knife is the very last line of defense.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
After using the Seeker 3 Pro for a bit, I find the dial button tough to get used to. Using it exclusively, I start to get the hang of rotating the dial before pushing the button. But using any of my other lights with a "traditional" side button, and it's the learning curve all over again going back to the S3P.

Using a flashlight shouldn't be a perishable skill.