One cell CR123A Powerhouses

Qmotion SIS

Newly Enlightened
Since i decided to get 2 of them the major differences is the fit on the pocket. The lady carries a hand bag so it probably doesn't matter to her. The lights I already own have the XP-G R5 (T20C MkII), Cree Q4 XP-E (P100C2) and the R2 (Solarforce L2). They are all capable leds and a single cell probably won't maximize the lumens either way. Light output should be close amongst them all.

Last edited:

batmanacw

Enlightened
Out of the lights you narrowed of down to I would go with the dereelight c2h. It is brighter with better UI and tint than the others.

Do check out the Zebralight sc30 as mentioned above.

The Zebralight SC30 looks like a great light. I might have to buy one of those in the next few months.

TwinBlade

Enlightened
If I may, there is something to be said for being able to stand on tail to use as a room or tent light. Having said that, I personally do not care for the flush button that accompanies clickies that tail stand. I would consider a raised button, regardless of model that you choose. I would rather sacrifice something standing on end for better usability on duty and in the field. You will be wearing gloves at times.

Of everything you are considering, the O-light T-10 R5 gets my vote. Seems to have a better design to accommodate gloves.

Just my opinion.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Qmotion SIS...based on your list of top 5, I'd recommend the Olight T-10 and/or the Lumapower Incendio V3. Both are very bright using the XP-G and more importantly, both operate off a forward clicky...which will allow momentary on/off with slight pressure on the clicky. The Fenix has a reverse clicky.

I have the Incendio V3 CPF Edition and run it on a AW RCR123. I don't think it's the 370 lumens that Lumapower claims, but it sure is the brightest 1x123 light I currently have.

Just my $0.02.

recDNA

Flashaholic
In a keychain light I really prefer the XP-G R5. Keychain lights can't throw very far because of the small heads so they are usually best for short distance work.

If they put the XP-G R5 in a Zebralight the size of the SC-30 I'd be interested.

Size, weight, and output-wise my favorite is the 4sevens mini123 R5. I prefer a clicky too but none are small enough for me. The Zebralight with an R5 would be but does it have a loop for a keychain?.

Qmotion SIS

Newly Enlightened
In a keychain light I really prefer the XP-G R5. Keychain lights can't throw very far because of the small heads so they are usually best for short distance work.

If they put the XP-G R5 in a Zebralight the size of the SC-30 I'd be interested.

Size, weight, and output-wise my favorite is the 4sevens mini123 R5. I prefer a clicky too but none are small enough for me. The Zebralight with an R5 would be but does it have a loop for a keychain?.

The Zebralight is a XP-E. I don't know if it's a R2, Q4 or Q5. They don't really say.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed that Novatac isn't mentioned here, what gives? I was going to purchase one.

chiphead

HIDblue

Enlightened
What's the CPF edition?. Did they make one just for us?

Yup, they made a limited batch of 2010 CPF Edition Incendio V3's with 370 lumens out the emitter in silver that was offered up at the CPF marketplace.

It's still the brightest 1x123 light I have.

Also, not for nothing, but if you're strictly looking for a keychain light, you may want to try the 4Sevens Preon 1.

Qmotion SIS

Newly Enlightened
I've noticed that Novatac isn't mentioned here, what gives? I was going to purchase one.

chiphead

Novatacs are very well made but expensive for the amount of light and runtime. I don't need a polycarbonite lense for a pocket light. The performance just isn't what I'm looking for. I want a near 200 to 300 lumens available for max setting. For a one cell I think the lights choosen are on the edge considering my Eagletac T20C MkII was only $84, a P100C2 can be had for $40 and the T100C2 can be had for about $50. I have 2 Eagletac lights now and I guage all the others by them. Eagletac just doesn't make the P10C any longer, that's what I'd buy if I could.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Novatacs are very well made but expensive for the amount of light and runtime. I don't need a polycarbonite lense for a pocket light. The performance just isn't what I'm looking for. I want a near 200 to 300 lumens available for max setting. For a one cell I think the lights choosen are on the edge considering my Eagletac T20C MkII was only $84, a P100C2 can be had for $40 and the T100C2 can be had for about $50. I have 2 Eagletac lights now and I guage all the others by them. Eagletac just doesn't make the P10C any longer, that's what I'd buy if I could.
Good point, for 1/2 the cost of a NovaTac, I could get a nice single cell Fenix. I've got a Solarforce LR2, but it only runs on 16340 cells, can't drive it with 123s at all.

chiphead

Qmotion SIS

Newly Enlightened
DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!!

I ended up ordering the Zebra SC30/W and I stepped outside the box and got the Quark 123 from Going Gear.

I also got a great deal from FlashlightConnection on a left over Fenix PD20-Q5 that I couldn't pass up. Thanx Jay for your patience.

I have to give accolades because the forum sponsors gave me great service.

Gaffle

Enlightened
This is when I have to be a butthead and spread around a little more CPF Fever, being that "done deal" has arrived I obviously have to slap out another flashlight candidate. Whats better than a few lights? A few more.

If I was to carry a light around as a backup while performing law enforcement duties I would definitely want a forward clicky switch. I would want momentary and easy on off.

http://www.jetbeam.com.cn/links/pro/rrt0.aspx

This isn't a keychain light, but the beam shots from a light of this size are fantastic. Control ring makes it easy to go from high to low, or to just start in high, med, or low.

Now don't get me wrong. I really have my eye on the RRT-0, but these Zebra flashlights just look great. The output and runtimes of the Zebras have to make any normal CPFer sweat a little bit. We sweat because we just bought a light and "BOOM", "Honey, I think I am going to by my Christmas gift for 2015" (because that is how far ahead we are with the purchasing of lights+lights with another addition of lights).:nana:

Qmotion SIS

Newly Enlightened
That RRT is nice but a little more money than I wanted to spend. I bought 2 lights for what it cost. There are a lot of nice lights out there that I eliminated due to cost factor. I really didn't want to spend more than $50 a light. The Fenix PD20 Q5, Quark 123- R5 and the Zebralight SC30 collectively cost me $145.00

Last edited:

lawson4450

Newly Enlightened
pd 20 is a great choice i have this light for when im doing my fire inspections because its small and can barely tell its on my belt. but beware of one thing i somehow turned it on by mistake on high in the holster and it got really really hot when i reached in to grab it i could barely hold it :oops: but other then that one time its been great :thumbsup:

HIDblue

Enlightened
That RRT is nice but a little more money than I wanted to spend. I bought 2 lights for what it cost. There are a lot of nice lights out there that I eliminated due to cost factor. I really didn't want to spend more than $50 a light. The Fenix PD20 Q5, Quark 123- R5 and the Zebralight SC30 collectively cost me $145.00

Did you get the Quark 123 regular or tactical?

Qmotion SIS

Newly Enlightened
I bought the Quark 123 R5, regular. They are going to be more of a personal use flashlight. I have lights for tactical purposes. I did want it to be bright enough to serve as a backup. I wanted lights I could carry in my pocket with my keys and not on a belt.

Last edited: