One handed AAA super compact light

AILL

Newly Enlightened
Tiablo A1 definitely looks interesting. Good specs too.

I was reading the Tiablo A1 post:
"Action is good but not buttery smooth. Fit and finish is good."

Is the Fenix LD01 "buttery smooth"?

Don't know the Fenix LD01, but had three Tiablo A1 in my hands, all were gifts. Easy to act with one hand, no problem. The clip supports one-hand-action. 'm sure this'll be your light.

Andreas

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Tiablo A1 definitely looks interesting. Good specs too.

I was reading the Tiablo A1 post:
"Action is good but not buttery smooth. Fit and finish is good."

Is the Fenix LD01 "buttery smooth"?
I had an A1 and believe me , you'll be happier with the Fenix. All my L0D's have a nicer feel to them than my A1 did.

brucec

Enlightened
The E01 and L0D are a piece of cake to twist one-handed. I don't have an aluminum LD01, but the SS version is also buttery smooth, although not as light of touch as the aluminum AAA Fenix lights.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E01 and L0D are a piece of cake to twist one-handed. I don't have an aluminum LD01, but the SS version is also buttery smooth, although not as light of touch as the aluminum AAA Fenix lights.
Bruce would you say that the LD01 SS is more difficult to twist on/off than the L0D?
I do not have a L0D but I find my LD10 SS much harder to twist than an E01 due to the (lack of) knurling and also the longer head.

Thanks

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was scrolling through all the posts on this thread waiting for someone to mention the tiablo A1,(thanks AILL) its a great light feels good in the hand, once you clean the threads and put some lube on it has a very smooth operation, very easy to twist with one hand but not able to turn on accidentaly in my pocket, and on the plus side i believe its brighter than the LOD