Only one flashlight?

Xacto

Enlightened
Surefire 6P.
Since there are no further restrictions, I would add a cell extender for 3xCR123 or 2xAA, dropins with different modes, outputs and input voltages.

Cheers
Thorsten

ico

Enlightened
This One ! :nana: (that's not me)

ducttapeheadlamp.jpg

Seriously, Quark AA² regular is enough. With multiple modes and ample runtime :thumbsup:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question should never be asked to a flashaholic as they never ONLY have one torch.

It's like asking a peanut-aholic which peanut he would choose if he could only have one and would it be salted or dry-roasted ... It just cannot happen.

Ask a jelly-baby-aholic which one he would choose ... It's an impossible choice and could never happen.

Could you open a huge box of gorgeous Belgian or Swiss chocolates and only choose one ? ... NO of course not !

I never go anywhere with only one torch ... Each of my sets of keys has an ITP A3 attatched ... I have an ITP A2 in my inside jacket pocket ... These are with me all the time except in bed , but I have an ITP A2 , ITP A1 , Solarforce L2 and a Solarforce Skyline 1 by the bed ... In the Lounge I have a Solarforce L2 & a Solarforce L2i and in the kitchen a Maglite 2C with a Fusion Showerhead fitted plus a Maglite LED ... In the study , I have 15 assorted torches and in the car there are two plus spare Lithium batteries.

There are other torches dotted about in the house and my Wife has a couple in handbags plus on her keyrings.

Only one flashlight ...

IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN !

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
choombak said:
Peak Eiger SS in the 1xAAA format - robust, rugged, and waterproof to the boot. I'd take level #6 as a best combo of runtime vs performance (brightness).

+1, make mine level #3 medium in brass

This is OT but Choombak & N.R.- would you or anyone else familiar with the Eiger's power levels please help me out? I'm trying to figure out how power levels #4 & #6 translate to lumens on an energizer L92. I've been told that the logan's power level 6 is ~27l on an energizer lithium, but I assume these eiger power levels will be different since they are AAA's. Otherwise what would you guys suspect the outputs of your #3 & #6 to be on a lithium primary, just from comparing to known quantities?

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of all the flashlights that I've ever owned, and I have owned some very fine lights, my Malkoff Wildcat V1 stands out as head-and-shoulders above anything else. I think it is better than the newer versions.
As far as I'm concerned, it's the best light anybody ever made.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA with a 14500 in it. Actually, let me add to that. MY Quark AA which is Titanium. The problem with black is that it WILL wear down and show.

TK35

Newly Enlightened
P1D Q5 powered by regulated 123 rechargeable.