• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Open! MT-G2 Regulated 2x18350 Lights! (Preorder)

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Jim,

As long as you will be happy with that mode sequence, it's yours! It was actually the sequence that Ledmitter had ordered for his light. I will ship it out monday as well.

Zach

Yes, confirming, for me, it's fine.

Jim

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Re: MT-G2 Regulated 2x18350 Lights! (Preorder)

texas cop, your light has shipped. I just pm'd you the tracking information; it should be delivered this Thursday, per the Post Office.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MT-G2 Regulated 2x18350 Lights! (Preorder)

Good to see shipments going out. Zach it *does* get stressful being a builder especially given IOS screwed up your component delivery and you have so much riding on this initial round. Hang in there man. :D Things should iron out. Did you ever figure out if the MT-G2 copper PCB is conductive thermal adhesive only? Aren't those emitters soldered?

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Good to see shipments going out. Zach it *does* get stressful being a builder especially given IOS screwed up your component delivery and you have so much riding on this initial round. Hang in there man. :D Things should iron out. Did you ever figure out if the MT-G2 copper PCB is conductive thermal adhesive only? Aren't those emitters soldered?

I just got an email back from IOS, so the dialogue has begun. I am not sure yet what substance is used to secure the emitter to the copper pcb. I'll let you know when i find out.

Thanks again for sticking with me on this!
Zach

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Well, Hank is definitely making this situation right! He will be shipping out two new drivers to me shortly :)

Zach

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Well, Hank is definitely making this situation right! He will be shipping out two new drivers to me shortly :)

Zach

Very good. Hopefully, this time, they'll have the correct mode sequences :)!

texas cop

Enlightened
I received my light today, package was in great shape. This light is the T10B 1/2-18650 host and three amp three mode driver. Host is anodized black without any scratches or tooling marks with an 18650 extension. It has an anti-roll cigar ring. The tails diameter and thread pitch is the same as Surefire/SolarForce. However the threads from the cigar ring keep any use of these part from happening without milling off the threads or boring out the extension to the threads. Tail current from Panasonic 18650 3400 mah and AW 18350 700 mah IMR's were nearly identical. 2.45 amps on high, 0.72 amps on medium, and 0.12 amps on low. Very well spaced, light pattern is throw through flood. Beam is a progression XP-G to XM-L to MT-G2 losing tightness of beam to flood as we move up. No pictures but this light lights up my whole backyard.

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
I received my light today, package was in great shape. This light is the T10B 1/2-18650 host and three amp three mode driver. Host is anodized black without any scratches or tooling marks with an 18650 extension. It has an anti-roll cigar ring. The tails diameter and thread pitch is the same as Surefire/SolarForce. However the threads from the cigar ring keep any use of these part from happening without milling off the threads or boring out the extension to the threads. Tail current from Panasonic 18650 3400 mah and AW 18350 700 mah IMR's were nearly identical. 2.45 amps on high, 0.72 amps on medium, and 0.12 amps on low. Very well spaced, light pattern is throw through flood. Beam is a progression XP-G to XM-L to MT-G2 losing tightness of beam to flood as we move up. No pictures but this light lights up my whole backyard.

Hi,

Thanks for the report, texas cop! How warm, and how fast, do the head/body heat up on high? What about with L and M?

Jim

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Texas cop, I'm glad to read that the light made it safely to you! I'm also glad that you (so far) seem to like it. In case you didn't already know, there is a short ring at the end of the extension tube that unscrews so it can be replaced with the grip ring. Also, a Solarforce S10 tailcap will screw onto the tail with the grip or spacer ring removed, but the light will not function. I believe it is because the switch retaining ring is designed differently in the S10 tailcap. If you have any questions or issues, please let me know!

Zach

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good. Hopefully, this time, they'll have the correct mode sequences :)!

Yeah it totally blows that IOS screwed it up. I and anyone else on the fence, we should keep in mind that this is in no way a reflection of the builders workmanship. You order components and have a little faith that it will work as specified. Then you put it together and it all goes to sh*t. Real bummer in time, money and effort. Heck, you'd even hope the LED from CREE itself wasn't a dud.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Thank you for acknowledging that it is not a reflection on my workmanship! It's also important to note that Hank is working quickly to make things right. Also, I'm sure that he has many more orders going out each day than just the ones for me :) so I understand how a small customized order may be easy to make mistakes with. Though it is definitely frustrating that it will take twice as long for me to get your lights to you. Again, thanks for your understanding Ledmitter and Ohaya!

ohaya

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for acknowledging that it is not a reflection on my workmanship! It's also important to note that Hank is working quickly to make things right. Also, I'm sure that he has many more orders going out each day than just the ones for me :) so I understand how a small customized order may be easy to make mistakes with. Though it is definitely frustrating that it will take twice as long for me to get your lights to you. Again, thanks for your understanding Ledmitter and Ohaya!

Hi,

Even though I ragged a bit, I agree about Hank, and have to acknowledge that I know, from PM'ing with him, that the L-M-H sequence was not a "standard" one for them, but that he/they were willing to build ONE with that sequence, so this was pretty much a "custom" driver, which was definitely a good thing.

In case anyone is mentioned, I had posted that I'd be willing to take the original, incorrectly configured driver from darkknightlight, but he "twisted my arm" a bit, and convinced me to hold out for the correct one, so Kudos to him for that also.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Well, i just wanted to get you what you ordered. While you would have taken the other one, you wouldn't be getting what you paid for. I wouldn't be happy giving you something that you didn't order :)

And thank you for the compliment!

texas cop

Enlightened
Update to the review. The T10B host has an adjustable battery tube height feature. When I first used the light it was very tight on the 18350's. To adjust tube length you remove the bezel and lens. Turn the head all the way down. Then you can thread up or down the pill using a small pair of needle nose pliers. It has about a 1/4" of adjustment length, while still keeping the O-ring covered by the head. After this turn the head up until it locks on the pill. This works like a locking set of nuts keeping out anymore spin or play and assuring that the bezel will hold the reflector down tight. 18350's now fit like a glove with about 1/8" spin up. Tail switch is completely compatible with SolarForce style switches. The tail does need to be full screwed down as the contact area is on the bare unanodized end of the tube. The contact area of the pill is the full length bare aluminum threads. Three amps is plenty. In output comparison I have two 5.6 amp quads one from Kerbos, and one from VanIsleDSM. The MT-G2 beat the Kerbos in throw and output. The Mt-G2 beats the VanIsleDSM in throw but not total output. All three lights are 5000k, Kerbos is XP-G R5, VanIsleDSM is XP-G2 R5. Granted its hard to compare a quad vs a 32mm reflector but its the closest comparison I could think of. Verses an XM-L U2 at three amps with a 26mm reflector its hot spot is dimmer but twice the diameter. All light test were done with old man eyeballs and not lab equipment. Heat after five minutes on high was quite warm. After ten minutes very warm but still able to hold by the fins with no issue. This light was worth the money and still hit that practical form with the WOW factor.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
I'm really glad that you like your light, Texas Cop! And i hadn't even thought of loosening the head like you suggested for a little extra space in the battery tube. Are you using AW 18350s? I ask because i knew the fit was tight, but my AWs seemed to be fine.

Again, I'm glad to read that you are enjoying it!

Oh, the T10 hosts have more mass than the M2, so they should be able to run longer on high, as you stated

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey TC, the MT-G2 vs the Kerberos 5.6A quad ... how much greater is the MT-G2's lux compared to the quad at about 3 meters?

Is it a huge difference in brightness? Is the size of the corona bigger as well?

Yeah I realize you'll have to look at the light from afar :D

texas cop

Enlightened
No working lux meter. More practical outside testing to do. I've got lots of lights but only a few get this much play time. Walls, alleys, parking lots and creepy dark building test to follow. All measurements using dual calibrated old man eyeballs.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Ok guys, i heard back from Hank today. He has not yet shipped out the drivers; he had some issues with the programming. He is hoping to get them in the mail tomorrow. I'm really sorry for the delays.