Opinions on the Lumapower Trust 1xAA light ~ 350 emitter lumens?

HIDblue

Enlightened
Hi all.

I've never ventured into the 14500 battery domain, but after reading this review and all the good things about this light, I finally ordered one, along with two 14500 batteries.

Batteries took 4 days to arrive from a local supplier here in Australia, the TRUST-1 took 5 days to arrive from the USA!

I know the difference a rechargeable battery can make (I own a Peak Rainier P7, 110 lm on CR123A, around 350 lm on RCR123A), but it's still amazing to see how much light this can actually put out!. It's an absolutely fantastic EDC light.

I had the three amigo's sitting on my desk; the E1B Backup, M10R Sunwayled and RRT-0, now it's the four musketeers!

The build is fantastic, threads are smooth, the emitter is nice and centered and the output is WOW!

Hope the Incendio V3 arrives soon :broke:

I don't have a Trust 1...yet...but I do have an Incendio V3 and I'm very happy with it. Just make sure you run the Incendio on an RCR123 or 16340 rechargeable and it should give you the similar "wow" factor that it appears the Trust 1 is giving you...

HaroldB

Newly Enlightened
Got my Trust 1 last weekend, but don't have any 14500's. With the alkaline AA it still is a nice light and I see no 'rings' in it's beam.

I've just ordered a couple 14500's and charger, so am looking forward to really seeing it's full power of light output :thumbsup:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Trust 1 last weekend, but don't have any 14500's. With the alkaline AA it still is a nice light and I see no 'rings' in it's beam.

I've just ordered a couple 14500's and charger, so am looking forward to really seeing it's full power of light output :thumbsup:

You will really see a difference, the rated output on li-ion is three times the one on alkaline. :grin2:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Trust 1. Nice light, slightly taller than a Quark AA (due to forward clicky), about the same max brightness (using 14500), Fit and finish is quite good. Beam is slightly ringy on white wall, but seems fine in use. Tint is quite cool. Colour (dark gray) is nice, knurling could be more aggressive.

PWM is about 1.1 KHz (as before).

I'll try to get a review up soon...

Hey Mike... It will be great to hear your comparison of this light to the Quark AA XP-G (both on 14500). I'm a big fan of the Quark XP-G neutral lights on li-ions.

Last edited:

jacknife

Newly Enlightened
I was Thinking of getting the deereelight XP-G javelin before I saw this : are these two in the same Category?? This seems to have more---- 350---- lumens? Or are they two different animals??

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm not the one who likes AA form factor light except my NC D10 which has been sent back and never came back due to certain reason and got a Quark AA as a replacement but was sold.But this LM Trust model 1 has got my attention and now it's a keeper with 6xAW 14500 locked & loaded :D

HIDblue

Enlightened
i'm not the one who likes AA form factor light except my NC D10 which has been sent back and never came back due to certain reason and got a Quark AA as a replacement but was sold.But this LM Trust model 1 has got my attention and now it's a keeper with 6xAW 14500 locked & loaded :D

Nanotech, which one did you prefer between the Quark AA and the Trust 1???

The Coach

Enlightened
I've had mine for a while now, but just got around to charging my 14500. At first I wasn't impressed with the output on a regular AA, but it is significantly brighter with the rechargeable. Overall build quality is good, but not as good a JetBeam. The lens is a little cloudy and that clip just had to go. The size is good for someone with large hands (like me). I'm not sure if I like the UI, but I'll give it a little while longer. :shrug:

TRK

Newly Enlightened
I really like this little light! As others have said, it is really bright if you use 14500 batteries. I was also expecting the beam pattern to be much worse given some of the negative feedback posted but I don't find it to be bad at all. My main EDC has been the D10 but I'll be switching off with this one going forward. It's not that much bigger than my D10 so I don't find it to be too large for my medium sized hands. Nice job Lumapower!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
..... The lens is a little cloudy ....

There was the same problem on mine: I left the head alone out in the sunshine on a very dry and windy day for about one hour and now the lens is clear. :cool:

I remember that Ricky said that in this time of the year the lights are assembled in a rather humid environment and this gave me the idea.

gunga

Flashaholic
For those of you who are handy and like to mod, the Trust 1 is not glued, so you could conceivably open up the light to clean the lense (DON'T touch the reflector) or perhaps neutralize it...

:thumbsup:

HIDblue

Enlightened
The Trust 1 the most preferred because of the natural HA-III and the body design,the output wise i still prefer the Trust-1 but the UI i preferred the Quark because to me the strobe function is important for my daily use.

Thanks nano.

gunga

Flashaholic
I haven't had time to do a proper review (yet), but here's a few points of the Trust 1 vs the popular Quark.

Quark

The Quark has better, more grippy knurling, and also has a better clip retention system. It is more secure and reliable, if the retaining ring loosens on the trust 1, the clip can rotate or come off.

The Quark has moonlight mode, for super long runtime. It also has good lego possibilities with AA, 2AA, CR123, and 18650 body options.

It also uses current control, so PWM is not present (or not noticeable on moonlight level).

The Quark comes with more extras (sheath, lanyard, rubber grip ring device, battery).

Trust 1.

The Trust 1 has a deep carry clip that so many ask for. It also has very nice dark grey finishing (Quarks are black). The biggest advantage of the clip is that it allows mode switching etc without having the clip rub the head (or tail) as it does in the Quark.

The Trust 1 uses a forward clicky but still allows tailstanding (it is either/or for the quark, depending on if you choose normal or tactical UI).

The trust 1 can also be used as a simple 2 mode light (with the lower level locked) or an easy to use 4 mode light. The smart UI is flexible. Also, if fully tightened, the Trust 1 becomes a simple, high output, 1 mode light.

The Trust 1 has no Strobe or beacon/SOS modes.

The Trust 1 uses high frequency PWM (about 1.1 KHz) so is generally not noticable in use.

The Trust 1 has a good beam, but it is more ringy than the Quark beam.

I don't know if Lumapower plans lego possibilities or neutral runs for the Trust 1, but I can see it as a possibility. They like to add options to their lights.

So there you have it. Both lights have their pluses and minuses. Personally, I like both. So, buy both!

:devil:

Last edited:

HaroldB

Newly Enlightened
After putting the 3v battery in my Trust 1 I'm in AWE of how much light that sub-compact unit can output.

It's now my EDC, on a lanyard (I removed the clip) in my front pocket. I highly recommend the Trust 1 :hitit:

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I am trying not to order this light , keep telling myself to hold out for the sc51. Does anyone have any outdoor beamshots of this light on turbo. Its the idea of all those lumens that i am digging.

Latest posts