Ordered my first surefire...

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It won't be your last trust me. SF lights are worth every penny, I own several and if I could only have one it would be the Peacekeeper. You made a great choice for your first SF, you could stop right there and be in great shape. I have had great luck with my Peacekeeper and will probably get the USB version when it is released.
+1 on the P1R.

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
So the light just came in the mail, unfortunately I'm not home but my wife opened the outside box being I had some other stuff in the same amazon shipment. But anyway she said that the surefire red box is just sealed with scotch tape (the cloudy matte finish type) is that normal or is it a return? Should I have her open it to make sure everything is there? What all is supposed to be in the box?

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
AWZ1287,
I currently have a NIP discontinued G2L sitting on the shelf, and the only thing "sealing" it is a single piece of scotch tape, wrapping around the bottom edge of the packaging. In my case the the tape finish is gloss, not matte. There is a barcode label on the back which the piece of tape is underneath. You might want to look for a barcode label going "over" (applied later) the piece of tape. My piece of tape is not applied extremely evenly, or extremely perpendicular to the bottom edge of the package.

Last edited:

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
AWZ1287,
I currently have a NIP discontinued G2L sitting on the shelf, and the only thing "sealing" it is a single piece of scotch tape, wrapping around the bottom edge of the packaging. In my case the the tape finish is gloss, not matte. There is a barcode label on the back which the piece of tape is underneath. You might want to look for a barcode label going "over" (applied later) the piece of tape. My piece of tape is not applied extremely evenly, or extremely perpendicular to the bottom edge of the package.

Yeah, I got to open the box, and everything looks intact and untouched. They may of just put tape on to keep the box closed while in the warehouse.

BTW, the light is better than I expected. The fit and finish is like nothing I've had before. It is real quality craftsmanship. I now see why they have a premium price tag.