P1D CE, anyone got it yet?

jhawkins1

Newly Enlightened
munkybiz_9881 said:
I recieved mine and my initial response was good.

However, I find it dificult to see the difference between the high and medium settings. Its there but not very evident, only "very" slightly brighter by my eyes.

Is this common or is it just me???? Anyone else notice this or do I have a faulty light??

The only way I can tell that high is brighter is to do a ceiling bounce and look at objects in the room, and then the difference is minimal. To look at the beams against a white wall, both High and Medium look the same.

It is probably just looking the same because both medium and high are very bright on a white wall. When you get it outside and are doing some throw tests you will definately notice the difference.

The thing you have to get in your head is medium is 60 lumens, it is darn bright for most average daily use. For late night walks around the house low is more than sufficient and is much better than my riverrock 2AAA which I found great for late night wanderings.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
As jhawkins mentioned, the difference between med and high is much more noticeable outdoors. This light performs a lot better outside than I expected, really no comparison to a lux3 in the same sized light, it blows it away. It is slipperier in the hand compared to what I'm used to though.