P1D - New body brings happiness!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that's a nice looking light! I love how 1x123A lights are finally getting smaller. I really liked the P2D when I saw it, but it still has a reverse clicky. The P1D with Leef body is about perfect...ultra-short with momentary clicky and all modes...nice!

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I agree, I got my Leef body about a week ago and I've finally got my ideal EDC. I should be getting my P2D CE within the next day or two (hopefully) so I'm interested in comparing the two. I'm guessing the P1D CE + Leef will be my main EDC and I'll retire my P1 and use the P2D as my back up.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
nanotech17 said:
Can the switch tailcap handle rcr123 3.6-3.7v current?

It's a mcClicky tailcap. So i dont think 3.6 volts or even 4 volts will be a problem for the switch. I dont know about the driver and the LED though as far as over 3.6. People here have been running the P1D on RCR's without problems.

husky20

Banned
hopefully they will offer this with the new p3d ce i like forward clicky is the head of the p1d ce bigger than the p3d ce ?kinda looks fatter to me.if so does it throw a larger hot spot ?

Last edited:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
nanotech17 said:
Are you sure Alin10123?
Not to dispute but just want to reconfirm.
Anybody else can reconfirm if it is save to use rcr123 3.6-3.7v with this switch tailcap?

The switch is simply a clicky switch. A McClicky switch is a switch that many others have used in custom lights that are far more than 3.6 volts. I dont think it will be a problem at all.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
The McClicky will be fine. I have been using mine for 6+months with RCR123's with no problems at all. Heck, I have even used it with 2xRCR123's many times :whistle:

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Well I finally got around to taking some shots of the P1D CE with the Leef body. I've included the P1 and P2D CE for size reference.

fenixp1p1dceleefbodyp2dyd0.jpg

fenixp1p1dceleefbodyp2dlr8.jpg

Latest posts