P60 Xenon lamp module, spare bulbs?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I`v used that stuff before on a few things, it`s great. Normally I use super glue and Bicarb with GITD power in it, but the putty will be a better idea I think.
I bought some ceramic G4 sockets the other day, they have an 8mm OD, I`d don`t know if they`ll fit one of these modules after the old bulb has been drilled out because I`v not seen one up close yet, but I`m hoping they will :)

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm still looking for oem SF G3 module, no luck so far

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I would agree with what others have said. I don't use incandescent lights like I did before the big LED shift. But when I did a SF P60 would last me 4-5 months easy. With just a few spares you would be good for years.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I do tend to use LED lights a lot more than before especialy for certain jobs, but in the Winter indoors I prefer almost exclusively Incan lights, I still use them in the summer months for reading at night though, to be honest it`s purely out of curiosity that I bought a couple P60s because I wanted to see what more Modern incans were like, I didn`t really get past the early 1980s in terms of incan tech, even then I reverted back to 60`s 70`s tech and just upgraded the batts and bulbs as an when I could. :)

Last edited:

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Update:
My Lithium iron phosphate batts arrived today (I`m still waiting for the charger) they came fully charged, so I tried a pair of them in a light with a 6v 500ma bulb and it works perfectly, nothing flashed at all! :D so it looks like I`ll probably be OK with 6v modules now, I just have to remember to let them stand for a good while after charging, which is fine because I bought 4 of them.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Further update:

Some potentially good news, it turns out that Some of these modules come apart quite easily! the big spring comes off and then the brass base unscrews from the Alu reflector part, in the brass part the bulb itself is half inside a hole drilled into it with a small clear rubber ring around that to stop the bulb from wiggling about. the hole the bulb is inside is the Exact diametar of these G4 ceramic bulb holders I bought! :D
it`ll need the threaded side of the reflector filing down a bit so the threads catch earlier and some cleaning out of the old bulb and stuff in the brass part, but it`s looking really doable right now!

That is all. (for now)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm still looking for oem SF G3 module, no luck so far

I haven't read this thread thoroughly, but what are you referring to, a P90? That's what came in the SF G3 incan model.

You can still order MN03's and P60's from Surefire direct, but that's it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't read this thread thoroughly, but what are you referring to, a P90? That's what came in the SF G3 incan model.

You can still order MN03's and P60's from Surefire direct, but that's it.

i looked them up first, they only sell 60lm p60 6v and 60lm 6v mn03, which is just a bulb, looks like for old e2. no 9v 105lm module available i called them before.

lumens factory makes replacements, but i'm looking for original SF module,

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
i looked them up first, they only sell 60lm p60 6v and 60lm 6v mn03, which is just a bulb, looks like for old e2. no 9v 105lm module available i called them before.

lumens factory makes replacements, but i'm looking for original SF module,

There's some P90's on ebay right now. Usually are on there and not too expensive. They did make a lot of them, though not as many as the P60's. I'd go that route.

I'm glad SF is still at least keeping P60's and MN03's in stock, (and they're likely old stock) but it would be nice to have new P90's as well.

I guess it would be REALLY nice to have the entire line back, but that's never going to happen. We just have to appreciate it for what it was back in the day.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's some P90's on ebay right now. Usually are on there and not too expensive. They did make a lot of them, though not as many as the P60's. I'd go that route.

I'm glad SF is still at least keeping P60's and MN03's in stock, (and they're likely old stock) but it would be nice to have new P90's as well.

I guess it would be REALLY nice to have the entire line back, but that's never going to happen. We just have to appreciate it for what it was back in the day.
thanks, i did check ebay there is 9v Lumens Factory replacement module, very reasonably priced i might add. but i'm looking for original SF module, i just want it to be 100% authentic. i wont be using it much anyway, i just want to keep it as an example of old technology that will prbly be forgotten in a decade, it is not like i need it for use. i'll keep looking, i'm sure some day i'll find one, i want to show my son, who is now 15 mo. one day what was the most advanced stuff before his time.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m reluctant to buy Anything from outside the UK now that .GOV greed has spoiled everything in terms of sales tax and import tax, so I figured a DIY approach may be the best way to go for a while.

just out of curiosity, what if a package you receive is not an order, but a gift, from friends and family, do they want duty tax on that too? do they open every package to assess the value regardless of what is in it?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
just out of curiosity, what if a package you receive is not an order, but a gift, from friends and family, do they want duty tax on that too? do they open every package to assess the value regardless of what is in it?

I`m not sure about the friends/family thing because I`v never had one outside the UK, but anything from the West (Canada, USA) I get charged regardless and without fail, stuff from the East (Europe, China etc...) I Sometimes get stuff opened and charged but not very often, but since Jan 1`st all that`s changed and I get charged at point of sale and my stuff gets opened more frequently. I could in effect buy a .99p item, have them rip it open, charge me .20p tax and £8-12 extra for the privilage of doing so! (Theft basicaly).
I think this is probably the fate of my LEP that I ordered last year, it left L.A on Dec 17th and hasn`t been seen since! so it`s either been stolen or they`re deciding what to charge me in tax etc...

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m not sure about the friends/family thing because I`v never had one outside the UK, but anything from the West (Canada, USA) I get charged regardless and without fail, stuff from the East (Europe, China etc...) I Sometimes get stuff opened and charged but not very often, but since Jan 1`st all that`s changed and I get charged at point of sale and my stuff gets opened more frequently. I could in effect buy a .99p item, have them rip it open, charge me .20p tax and £8-12 extra for the privilage of doing so! (Theft basicaly).
I think this is probably the fate of my LEP that I ordered last year, it left L.A on Dec 17th and hasn`t been seen since! so it`s either been stolen or they`re deciding what to charge me in tax etc...
wow that is pretty bad

Latest posts