Paypal? I wonder what present of CPF uses this.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paypal? I wonder what present of CPF uses thi

I do PayPal as my only credit card system... Works fine for me.

If I was intending to be a "mass" online retailer or run a B&M store, and expecting to do at least hundreds of CC transactions a month, I'd go with a regular CC processor, but I doubt that using PayPal alone would lose you much business if you are just doing a fairly limited volume online business.

And you have to do quite a volume to make a regular merchant account worthwhile...

PayPal's processing fee for each individual transaction is a little higher than most Merchant account transaction fees, but the static monthly fees and purchasing / leasing the equipment and/or software to run the transaction require a lot of volume to beat PayPals charges.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened

Anyone knows ALL the options to get cash from a PayPal account?

Bill.H

Enlightened

Online, I use a debit card posing as a CC. When dealing with individuals I'll do the postal MO thing if they don't want a personal check.

I had a paypal account but they screwed up so they don't get another chance. I will not use it again.

Raven

Enlightened

If you google PayPal you'll find some interesting links.

Raven

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use Paypal whenever I can. I've not had any problems yet. Unfotunately once I hit the limit, they want access to my bank account. That sounds like a bad idea to me. I may get a second bank account just for Paypal.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
eluminator said:
I use Paypal whenever I can. I've not had any problems yet. Unfotunately once I hit the limit, they want access to my bank account. That sounds like a bad idea to me. I may get a second bank account just for Paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I did. I created a 2nd checking acct, completely unrelated to my "real" checking account and put in $100.00. Now I just click "other paynent options" and use my CC. I don't want Paypal or anyone else having direct access to my checking acct.

Brightnorm

Avix

Newly Enlightened

ok, I seem to be the only person who has dumped paypal, I've had nothing but problems with them from day one. they screwed me on the PayPal Credit Card. (jumped the rate to 24%, never missed, never late)then took forever to close the account, at once point comeing after me for $0.07 interest after the account had been closed for 5 monthes) and since they got bought by E-Bay I don't like the idea of any police dept being able to pull any E-Bay (inc PayPal) records without a search warrent with just a fax.

if it's Pay Pal only, I'll do without.