Pepper pad 3 anybody have one?

B@rt

Flashaholic
I'm liking it better and better. :) It's perfect for reading e-books in the bathtub... :crackup:
I installed Firefox on it as well since it has more goodies. ;)

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a great device for letting your friends check their email instead of putting them on your 'personal' computer.

Unless it stores all your passwords for your favorite sites; then if it gets into the wrong hands you're vulnerable.

I can't imagine browsing the internet on a 7" screen.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a specific application that makes this gadget stand out.

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm assuming this uses one of those new "fanless" "cool-running" processors:drool:
from the keyboard layout doesn't look very hard to get used to...for one thing its the same order as normal keyboards but with smaller keys

any trouble transitioning from the pepper to your old computer or have you abandoned the desktop?

B@rt

Flashaholic
No, I haven't abandoned the old one, they both have their place. :)

Typing on the pp3 is surprisingly comfortable and easy, I'm typing this post on it now. ;)

B@rt

Flashaholic
LOL! Too bad it's cardboard. :p

As for being huge, it's not designed to carry in your pocket, the size is actually a plus compared to the tiny pda's. ;)

B@rt

Flashaholic
LOL.gif

SimplyJ

Newly Enlightened
Hello B@rt,
I'm very intrigued by the PP3. I was looking for a fast-boot up internet device that would allow me to look up TV programs on websites like (www.couchville.com). Does the PP3 do a good job of supporting websites that use alot of Flash and AJAX?

Does the PP3 do a good job of reading PDFs and Word documents? Although it's not that important, being able to play MAME games would seal the deal for me! From what I've read in the PP forums, it isn't clear the PepperPad can realiably support MAME (yet).

But I was hoping to use the PP3 as a programmable smart remote control. How is the PP3 as a IR remote control device? Does it support IR command macros?

Thanks for posting all your insights so far.
J.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi J,

basically I know nothing about Linux, so AJAX is a cleaner to me... :thinking::crackup:

I did install the full Firefox, so I expect no problems with most if not any sites.

The Document reader and pdf reader are working well, I use it a lot to read books. ;)

I know you can use it as a remote, but that's a function I don't use, so I haven't looked into it.
You can download the Pepper desktop here and see for yourself how it works, and of course you can install Linux apps.

Hope this helps a bit,