• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === PES2 - Cluster Heatsink for MagLite ===

taylor

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for :
1x #2C. PES2-C-Cu (limited Copper version) = $22
1x #4C. Quad-Emitter MagC Kit = $28
....includes 1x PES2 & 4x IMS SO20XA reflector
International S&H cost is $6 for the first item and $1 for every additional =7
added 4% CC = 2.3
Total = $ 59.3

MarkLam

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for:
1x #4C. Quad-Emitter MagC Kit......$ 28.00
1x #4D. Quad-Emitter MagD Kit......$ 28.00
International Shipping $6+$1..........$ 7.00
Added 4% Paypal CC....................$ 2.60
------------------------------------------
Total.........................................$ 65.60

Thanks, modamag......:)

Nell

Enlightened
Your PXR for the crees.. will they be set up for single led, triple or quad ?

Thanks.

flex76italy

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan,

:paypal: for 1x #2D. PES2-D-Cu (limited Copper version)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sawtooth

Newly Enlightened
I havent installed LEDs on these heatsinks yet. But I was just wondering about something...

The emitters fit very snugly in the little circular depressions -- which is great for positioning them. However, has anyone had any problems with electrical isolation of the slugs? I'm worried the edges of the slugs may contact the side walls of the circular depressions. Any thoughts/experiences?

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Typically the white Luxeon III LEDs do are neutral on the thermal contact so no electrical isolation is required.

If you're using the red/orange Luxeon then you have to isolate it.

If you're extra careful & worry about Murphy then do what I did put a small thin piece of tape under where your wires will run.

Sawtooth

Newly Enlightened
Oops, I guess these comments should probably have gone under the PES2 thread in Homemade + Modified rather than the BST thread... (Is there a way to move em there?)

wojtek_pl

Enlightened
Yeah... Good question. I think they will work, but it's just my opinion...
I just wonder if the holes for emitters aren't too deep. But with liberal use of Arctic Silver thermal adhesive it doesn't matter :D

Last edited:

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
I'll let you know on the P4 in just a few days; I'm making a 4 x P4 mod in a 3-D Mag using the PES2 and everything has arrived except for the PES2 which is in the mail. I'll post something here in a couple of days when it is assembled.

I've used the Fraen Optics for the LuxIII with the SSC P4 and they fit perfectly; the P4 is slightly shorter in height than the Luxeons but identical footprint. Because of the height difference, I found that you get better throw and less beam divergence if you file down the bottom of the optics holder 1/2mm or so when using with the SSC P4, and the only other caveat is isolating the the bottom of the P4 from the heatsink with plenty of Arctic Alumina like wojtek_pl said. Sure wish that the bottom of the P4 was electrically isolated, or even connected with the negative terminal (ground) instead of the positive terminal.

Anyhow, I don't see why it won't work but we'll know for sure in a couple of days!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
wojtek_pl said:
Yeah... Good question. I think they will work, but it's just my opinion...
I just wonder if the holes for emitters aren't too deep. But with liberal use of Arctic Silver thermal adhesive it doesn't matter :D

Artic Silver is made to fill small voids between the metal to metal contact. In no way should it be used as a filler.

Mac

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
I built my 4 x SSC P4 mod this past weekend using the PES2 heatsink, and it does work BUT the SSC P4 will not sit in the recessed areas for the Luxeon emitters. The PES2 does work with the P4, but you simply don't get the benefit of perfect alignment of the emitters using the PES2 with the SSC P4. It would be nice to have another version with slightly larger recessed holes that would fit the P4 but for the time being this works fine if you take extra care to place the emitters properly.

ghadlock

Newly Enlightened
Modamag-

The PES2 and the PTS are absolutely excellent products, Two comments/questions one the PES2 (one is a repeat)...

Any thoughts on making a Seoul version with slightly larger recesses for the emitters?

Secondly...if you space the plier holes just a little farther apart (like .75mm or so) you could use a golf spike wrench to tighten / remove the heatsink and it would be perfect tool for this. Just a thought

Thanks again for awesome products!

Last edited:

wildstar87

Enlightened
Modamag-

Any thoughts on making a Seoul version with slightly larger recesses for the emitters?

I don't suppose this ever happened, or if anyone has a good solution for using this heatsink with the SSC P4 Leds?

wildstar87

Enlightened
Anyone?? I have read threads that say this will work with the SSC, and others that say the recessed holes are too small.. I guess I would just like a definitive answer, like yes it's been modified to do that, or yes it will work, but you have to do x.... Or no, it won't work at all..

Wok

Newly Enlightened
I found it too small for the SSC, haven't worked out how to deal with it ....yet

Anyone?? I have read threads that say this will work with the SSC, and others that say the recessed holes are too small.. I guess I would just like a definitive answer, like yes it's been modified to do that, or yes it will work, but you have to do x.... Or no, it won't work at all..