PF18! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a blast. My feet are a little tired from standing all day. But seeing the lights and the light meter was great fun. I am ear to ear grinning over my SureFire Hellfighter. It is so beautiful I want to cry haha.

here is my gallery on Facebook. I will post a few gems.

Tim brought his light meter to test and the unique PVC pipe contraption. SF HF puts out 5,000 lumens. sweeet.

p1010110.jpg

Mac's custom HF handle is a thing of beauty. Really the craftsmanship is stunning. Thru no fault of Mac's own, my HF did not fire up immediately. Thankfully he noticed that my HF was an earlier model. 7550 vs his 10,000+ s/n. The earlier models have anodizing on the back plate where the bolts are. So all I had to do was back one bolt out, use a dremel and clean out the anodizing to make a ground path. Voila it works!!! But sadly Mac's HF died just as he got there. Here is mine after I got it to work.
p1010111.jpg

Went across the street to look into the "Black Hole" it is a 400 yd empty field and treeline at the back. Yes the HF can illuminate the treeline. We saw some deer out there too. A little wimpy compare to the big boys HID and shortarc lights.

p1010112.jpg

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
P.S. @ KartRacer - EYE30 review is here, (XTAR S1 is still in the pipeline).

Thanks Tim, Man your reviews are fantastic! Very well done. Nice meeting you, and I'm looking forward to reading your XTAR S! review. :) --Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another great PF! As usual thanks for hosting Scott. Special thanks to everyone who provided giveaways, and to Illumination Supply for the EYE30 pass-around which wound up going home with me. :) Additional thanks to Stan for letting me power it up with his batteries all night! And TEEJ thanks for letting me handle your JetBeam RRT3 for most of the night, awesome light! It was great catching up with old friends and making new ones. Thanks to everyone for making PF18 such a nice event!

PS - I was happy to hear so much support for another camping trip, and so the next FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) is official in the planning stages. Stay posted it will be at Stokes State Forest, and the date will very likely be August 16-19. This is a new moon weekend, so it will be nice and dark up there! And don't be too concerned with the August time frame, the average temps there at that time are 80/day and 60/night, and under the shade of the forest it usually feels cooler during the day. I'll get a FCW thread up soon. --Tim

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah I think I left my stock 6D maglite at Scott's house.

So you're the guy! :nana: It's still sitting upright (carefully) on my dining room table. Call or PM when you want to make plans to retrieve it... in the meantime, I'll go hit some baseballs with the thing, it's a beast. ;)

BTW, one small technicality with regard to...

Solscud007 said:
Went across the street to look into the "Black Hole" it is a 400 yd empty field and treeline at the back. Yes the HF can illuminate the treeline. We saw some deer out there too. A little wimpy compare to the big boys HID and shortarc lights.

The actual "Black Hole" is a half mile long, ending with a treeline at the top of the hill. In football terms, the trees you saw are only the 50 yard line! :eek:oo:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again to Scott and his family for hosting another awesome PF event! Myself and my wife and kids had a blast! We saw a ton of deer driving home. I was able to come to a stop and light them up with my little 700 lumen Thrunite TN12. Here are some deer being lit up at the base of the Black Hole by some very impressive portable short arc spot lights.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_6379.jpg

Scout 24 from New York came down with Wife Ann on his Yellow Honda Goldwing

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1429-1.jpg

Some of the kids playing games on TV. Mrs Wade..HELLO!!

IMG_1451.jpg

I don't know what it is...but it's cool!!
IMG_1456.jpg

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my first PF event, had a incredibly great time. Meeting all the CPF folks the 1st time around, its really amazing! Thanks Scott & family hosting the event!

Nice picture Solscud. It's nice to see my short arcs out there stretching their legs.
In case anyone is wondering what are those hell liberating beams above the hell fighter,

The left one is 120W P-VIP Blitz Moon Blaster, 16 million candle power*. The one next to it is the 120W UHP Mega Blaster, 5 Million candle power. The one below the blasters slightly with a warmer tint is BVH 85W HID Blitz.

*: Just to put the measured 16 million CPs in perspective vs. widely available inexpensive commercial 15 million cp spot light.
The 15 million cp spot light with 9" reflector/130W Incan has real measured cps around 400K, or 0.4Million cps. That's a 37.5 fold marketing hype. I.e. those spotlights have 15million "marketing cps". Moon blaster's 16 Million measured cps will translate into 600 million "marketing cps". :eek:

Wadeup also posted some nice beam shots on twitter, I blow-up one of his pictures so the deers can be seen a little bigger. They are illuminated by by the combined beam of Moon & Mega blaster, 21 million candle power together.:)
scaled.php

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Wow.

:D

I really enjoyed meeting my fellow flashaholics, you guys are all crazy, and, I felt like I fit right in. Thanks Scott for hosting the madness!

:devil:

It was great to see the incredible variety of lights that were brought to see/check out, let alone the Legos.

It was also cool to see TurboBB's IP (Integrated Plumbing) lumen measuring apparatus. (The PVC lumen meter/Not so spherical Integrating Sphere)

(Interestingly, he measured the De-domed Olight SR90 as putting out 1,350 lumens, roughly the same as Selfbuilt, etc, lumen measurements of 1,400 for stock Lumen output.

Olight claimed 2,200 lumens in most of their ads, but not as ANSI lumens, as the ads were written before ANSI specs were widespread for this. Real tests by unbiased CPF reviewers indicated that the SR90's Out The Front (OTF) lumens were much lower, roughly in the 1,350 lumen range.

The De-domed SR90 OTF lumens were therefore roughly the same as the Domed SR90 lumens, indicating that while some LEDS do seem to lose performance when de-domed, testing before/after indicated that at least for the SR90, the de-doming is not hurting total lumen out put enough to notice. Obviously, the CPF measurements are not ANSI certified, etc, but, they are unbiased, and, they do agree....and I trust them.

The Klarus XT11 on RCR123A's at 850 lumens was also cool to see, etc.)

The pizza was excellent btw.

:thumbsup:

:wave:

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
More photos: Sledhead had a blow dart gun to try out..it was quite easy to shoot.

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

MAC with his work...
IMG_1472.jpg

Mac also had some neat knives along.
IMG_1470.jpg

Soloscud 007 apparently thought the trip to the Quarry was a 3 day hike!
IMG_1485.jpg

Stan and Nein had Spyderco golw in the dark knives...creepy!
IMG_1487.jpg

Last edited:

mendhammarsh

Enlightened
To Scott:

I would like to thank Scott and his family for hosting PF18. Although my stay was short, I enjoyed meeting and greeting all. The event was fun, as usual.

Marshall

Larbo

Enlightened
Another enjoyable PF, thanks Scott and family. Kids and I had a great time.
Nice seeing everyone again and looking forward to PF19 already.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great time! Too much to describe about the whole thing, but it was so good to be back.

Thank you very much, Mr. and Mrs. Milky!

scout24

Flashaholic
The plumbing parts IS looks like something I may need! I'm sorry I missed the pizza... Two questions- One, did anyone get info on Mac's under handle power supply for the Hellfighter? I don't own one, but that looks awesome... Second- Who had the POB spotlight for sale? Did anyone scoop that up, or is it still around? :)