Photos of your animals...

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meet birdbrain. She is a Female (DNA sexed) Harlequin Macaw, she's been with me for 6 years (and will outlast me by a comfortable margin). Macaws have 'human' life spans (60+years) in captivity.
a1xx.jpg

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who says size doesnt matter? I'll bet chicks are gonna dig my little weenie.

Puppy.jpg

he doesnt have a name yet. he was born a few days ago.

BobVA

Enlightened
Here's my little amiga "TC" (a Senegal Parrot), who I adopted about ten years ago. In this photo she's panhandling for a treat. Hope she moves up to loose change before I retire.

Cheers,
Bob

tc.jpg

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
We used to have an umbrella cockatoo that i loved. i dunno why my mother gave her away a few years back *Sigh* she was so cuddly.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool SilverFox, next time hit him with a shot from a SpaceNeedle II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif What kind of car is he? Has a really neat chaped face.

Shane

matt_j

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
Cool SilverFox, next time hit him with a shot from a SpaceNeedle II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif What kind of car is he? Has a really neat chaped face.

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a cat Hallis, not a car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif everyone has here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sub_Umbra, do you know what kind of cat your (new) Stinky is? He looks almost part Siamise.

-Mike

B@rt

Flashaholic
Jack Crow asked me to post this:
[ QUOTE ]

Hi all,

I have asked Bart to host the photo of Rocky and Myla because of issues the Army has with photographs. He also has a clue where I don't. Remember I'm not a bit pusher, but more of an analog transistor changer.

Rocky is the little brown dog. He lives for my wife. Something like a self propelled shadow. Rocky is a mix of miniature pincher and Chihuahua. Rocky is the sum of two aggressive breeds in a 13 lb package. Rocky is a sweet dog except when he sees a strange dog, then he wants to attack. He is not the brightest thing on four paws. If you screw a pressure gauge in his ear, you will read a negitive value. We call him "The Brown Blunder".

Myla is my dog. She is a "black and white" Jack Russell Terrier. We got her from a family that couldn't take care of her any more. The reason is she is prone to seizures. That happens a couple of times a week. Other wise, she is a terrific little dog. A dedicated hunter of squirrels. Fast and not an ounce of fat on the 7lbs of dog. As the troopers say, "High speed low drag". It's amazing how fast this critter can move. Before I left she was focused on me. I will know more when I get home. I miss them something fierce.

They live to love.

Myla is the one I'm thinking of taking on my "mother of all road trips II" when I get back home. I think it would be a grand adventure for the dog and I to take a truck trip across the US. It would also be a way of distancing my self from the misery that Iraq is.

Thanks for putting up with this, and thanks to Bart for posting what I could not.

Keep it warm

Jack Crow in Iraq

Down to 52 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

crow4.jpg

crow5.jpg

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Here's Kipper, the Maine Coon/Norwegian Forest Cat/etc mix I adopted from the local animal shelter a few years back.

He's disgustingly easy-going, yet still excitable at random.

Note the complete disinterest in the camera.
kipper.jpg

The aptly-named Hoser, whose only talent is howling at all hours of the day for no apparent reason. For some odd reason, he was hiding under a table this day - perhaps he liked the reverb in this location:
hoser.jpg

Rustbucket (from my avatar), the stray I took in and never got around to depositing at the shelter. She's, uh, not very bright as far as cats go - this isn't usual behavior for her.
rustbucket.jpg

I don't have any photos of my rats - Stan and Ollie. They're 3 years old and look to be developing some nasty tumors.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
my babies (please note, the one with the scrubs on is not an animal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...... more like a princess-my wife)

Here is daisy, our adopted 35lb. beagle-bassethound mix:
daisy6.jpg

daisysad.jpg

And this is our ferocious 3.5 lb Chihuahua, Lily:
lily.jpg

lilysleepy.jpg

And the whole family, well minus me of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif:
happyfamily2.jpg

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Very nice everyone!

I shall attempt to get a better picture of Bart up. He is a might camera shy, as you might be able to tell from the finger stroking his chest to keep him from fleeing!

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
Great pictures, everyone! We are a multi-feline household, but here are a few shots for your viewing pleasure. Almost all of our cats are rescues - no fancy or expensive purebreds - and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is our little red tabby, Moses - aptly named because he came to us as a 3-week old or so orphan. Had to be bottle-fed formula several times a day until he was old enough to eat on his own. One of the sweetest kitties you'll ever meet! I should add that he got into this position entirely on his own.
mocat.jpg

Charlotte, our silver tabby (a rescue from a parking lot last July 4) came in to wake him up:
charlotteandmo.jpg

Charlotte, looking artsy and of course, adorable:
charlottekins.jpg

This is our giant fat kitty, Tiger. Tiger came to us a couple of years ago. He had been abandoned by his previous owner and fortunately a kind person took him and via the internet, we connected and plans were made for Tiger to be flown all the way down from Oregon to Texas, where he was delivered to us! At first he never purred and was somewhat unfriendly, but now he's just a big fat love bug. In this picture he'd gone outside - in the rain, no less - and decided to hop into the chiminea on the back patio, I guess looking for someplace dry. Bad cat mother that I am, instead of rescuing him and taking him back into the dry house, I decided to snap his picture.
catinchim.jpg

And last but not least, an extreme closeup of the husband's favorite orange tom cat, Donaghy:
don.jpg

Xeper

Newly Enlightened
Great pictures!

We are also a multi-feline (multi-animal) household. All of our cats/animals are rescues too. Poor creatures, but now they are in a safe home.

Fenrir:

Katze07.jpg

Katze06.jpg

Other Cats:

Katze01.jpg

Katze02.jpg

One of my GSG-9-Cats with special equipment from Maxpedition and Microtech! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaxW02.jpg

Other weird creatures: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hector.jpg

Achilles.jpg

EntenF.jpg

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif everyone has here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sub_Umbra, do you know what kind of cat your (new) Stinky is? He looks almost part Siamise.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a total mystery to me but he is not at all aloof like some purebreads.