Photos of your lights

zBBqzy8.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Speaking of prototypes, one day a DHL truck unexpectedly stopped at my house and dropped off a box with a return address written in Asian characters. "What in the world?" I thought.

IMG_20180721_143756.jpg

I was walking on sunshine for days.
A titanium Paladin, PK Warrior 1 by Powertac, a PK-1 by Fox Fury, a cerekoted FL2, the executive pen, another pen that never became a production item and a PRX with a smooth reflector. All prototypes. The FL2 was one of two that color with a yellow and a gray somewhere on planet earth. The PRX was the first prototype with a smooth reflector.

IMG_20180721_143723.jpg

Check out the S/N on the Warrior 1

Another day another box arrived.
IMG_20180721_143638.jpg

The first PRX off the assembly line.
Shown with it is the only PRX prototype with orange peel reflector. At that point PK had only squeezed 450 lumens from the LED, but had surpassed his old record of 430 with those Paladins and Knights. Final production items are 550 lumens from an ordinary primary.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another epic event occured several months later. The subject of Vital Gear was brought up at the SureFireholics facebook page. A few posts took place and like any facebook topic, it faded away rather quickly.

And a few days later another 'mystery' box arrived. This time it was UPS.
IMG_20180721_154202.jpg

VitalGear

Now at that point PK was in motion across the globe and was largely off the radar. Being it came via UPS I wondered who had actually sent it as the box did not have a return address this time. A clue was the approximately 347 meters of packing tape on the outside but his facebook posts indicated he was somewhere between south Korea and Instanbul Turkey... or perhaps Hong Kong or.... somewhere in China in a place so remote it draws a blank on Google maps.

Turns out it was him and the items in the box were pre-production samples.

I was walking on sunshine for days.
A titanium Paladin, PK Warrior 1 by Powertac, a PK-1 by Fox Fury, a cerekoted FL2, the executive pen, another pen that never became a production item and a PRX with a smooth reflector. All prototypes. The FL2 was one of two that color with a yellow and a gray somewhere on planet earth. The PRX was the first prototype with a smooth reflector. ...

WOW! That's a box that kept on giving. :twothumbs

~ CG