Please help with quiestion on Nitecore

edc3

Enlightened
Re: NiteCore D10 Ramping Issue

Deoxit is more for cleaning electrical contacts, though I think it has some lubricant in it. I use Nyogel. Not sure where to get it in the U.K. though.

carl8190

Banned
Nitecore D10

Can anyone tell me what the D10 is like for outdoors, walking the dog, camping .....

Can you post outside picutres if possible and maybe shots of Q5 version and R2 version so I can see the difference outside.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore D10

I use a D10 for a lot of outdoors use,its variable light is great in many uses,I have the GD led,nice spot with plent of spill,good runtime on med setting,plenty for camping ,walking the dog.Sorry no beamshot of outside.,Looking in my backyard,I would sayon high it lights up 100 feet very well

lebox97

Enlightened

you'll find plenty of pics in the review thread...

for outdoor use - you'll be much happier with a warm/neutral LED over a cool one - trees and bushes just look too un-natural w/ cool LED
:welcome:.

Moonshadow

Enlightened

Yes, the R2s that Nitecore uses seem to have a yellower tint than the older (and cheaper) Q5.

Not an improvement in my opinion. There are a lot of positive comments about warm tints but not everyone prefers them. I'd rather have white than yellow.

And trees and bushes look just fine with to me with cool tints too.

henry1960

Enlightened

Like i mentioned in another post to you, you will be happy with the outcome of the single AA D10-R2 indoors and outdoors. Ialso use mine on medium most of the time outdoors and has a good runtime on Lithium batteries. :welcome:

burntoshine

Enlightened

i don't think the D10 R2 is yellow at all. it almost looks sort of brownish to me. maybe i'm crazy, but that's what it looks like to me. i really like it. much better than a blue tint IMO.

Moonshadow

Enlightened

I think there's a lot of variability - the relative scarcity of the R2 flux bin means you get less choice where it come to tint. It's telling that Nitecore specify WC tint for the Q5, whereas they don't promise a tint for the R2s.

Individual colour perception does vary, but I wouldn't call the WC tint blue.

Anyway, I'd still prefer pure white over brown :yuk: anyday.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened

As has been said, you play the tint lottery when you buy one of these lights. My D10 R2 is a lot more neutral (less blue/violet) than any of my WC lights, and tends to look a little green when compared to my Q3 5A lights. YMMV, though.

hatman

Enlightened

I use a D10 R2 for EDCing, and would call it adequate for walking my dogs in the neighborhood.

If I feel the need for more light, I take a Quark AA. (I use Energizer lithiums for both lights.)

If we walk further and I need even more light, I take a Quark 123(2).

I prefer the compactness of the D10 and Quark AA for EDC duty, and slightly prefer the Quark 123(2) for dog walking for increased visibility.

Hope this helps.

carl8190

Banned
Nitecore D10 Hard To Press Issue

Hi I recieved my new Nitecore D10 R2 today its sometimes need a hard press to get a response from it. Does anyone else have this problem.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore D10 Hard To Press Issue

Remove the piston tube, clean off the lubrication. Lightly lubricate the o-ring and put it back. Try again. :)

edc3

Enlightened

What Zeruel said. Every so often my D10 gets a little harder to push and I have to take out the piston and clean it - especially the shoulder of the piston and the area of the tube that the shoulder rests on. When lubricant gets in there it creates a sort of suction that needs to be broken in order to move the piston. After cleaning, my D10's piston is like butter! Let us know how it works out for you.

piston.jpg

carl8190

Banned

Yeh seems to of helped. Bit disapointed since its new today. Still have to press hard to ramp but easier to turn on and off without pressing hardlovecpf

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeh seems to of helped. Bit disapointed since its new today. Still have to press hard to ramp but easier to turn on and off without pressing hardlovecpf

Use it. It's like wine, it gets better the longer you have it. ;)