Please remember my wife in prayer

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks raggie33- I'll try. I'm getting old and stiff. I'm 55, I feel 13 sitting here, but sometimes when walking I feel 113. I have sciatica and arthritis. My lower back gives me trouble and my left hip.
I depended on Melvinia to do the household stuff and now I'm having to do it.
I used to have to keep house and cook for myself and my mother when Melvinia was gone for 1 1/2 years after her auto accident, but I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When I was younger I hated putting away the pots and pans because they were always in the bottom cabinets. Now I love putting them away……because I still can. lol.

Hang in there kiddo. You're doing great.

sgt253

Enlightened
When I was younger I hated putting away the pots and pans because they were always in the bottom cabinets. Now I love putting them away……because I still can. lol.

Hang in there kiddo. You're doing great.

:thumbsup:Amen! greenpondmike tough times don't last forever. You will get through this. Best.

Poppy

Flashaholic
That's a good ideal, Poppy. I think my roof might be a little beyond that though. I have some holes in my roof. The pine straw caused it to rust.
Maybe so, but the quicker you repair it, the smaller an issue it is.

A third of it has a heavy duty tarp that a church group put over it.
I hope that you are thankful that there are people who are willing to help those who won't help themselves.

It was doing fine till a friend offered to get the pine straw off while I was at work. My wife let him and he walked all over the roof doing that.
Friends help friends... I am thankful that I have a few.

Now part of the ceiling has collapsed in the kitchen from leaks.
Really? How long did you let it leak, before you would fix it? Obviously you wouldn't fix it until it collapsed.
In the past when I was able I fixed the roof on our former trailer by spreading clear silicone on the suspected areas and if I found a hole I would put silicone around it, press in a piece of paper and silicone over it. Seemed to last till we got this new trailer. I didn't want to get rid of the old one- I liked it and its crank out high windows and it still had the wheels and axles. They took the axles on this one after they brought it.
Former trailer blah blah...
What did you do for this trailer?

The plumbing, floors and walls are still good though. A lot of the electrical outlets don't work anymore and neither do the lights on half of it. I use a drop light and extention cord in the living room. It is hung over the blade of an old ceiling fan. It puts out light just like the original one did. I wonder if rats chewed on the wiring. If we don't know visitors well enough we don't even let them come in because we are ashamed of the inside.
This must be your new trailer?
Rat traps are a big deterrent for both rats, and squirrels.
Wiring in a trailer is REALLY easy to track. If you don't know how... youtube is your friend.
OTOH in Alabama neighbors are like brothers. A six pack, something on the grill, and a friendly smile and handshake (knowing that you'll owe a favor) will get you someone to help you for an hour or two, to either fix your problem, or to show YOU how to do it.

I am sure that someone who knows what he is doing can fix, (or point out what needs to be done) to half of the electrical problems in your trailer in less than half an hour, and you won't have a drop light hanging from your ceiling fan.

Put on your big boy pants and fix your issues. It is up to you.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poppy, I struggle to even walk, but I still do. Sometimes with the help of 20 aspirins to take the pain away. I respect you because you tell it like it is, but this time you won't- you can't understand unless you walk several miles in my shoes and I say that respectfully. Also, I don't know any neighbors like you mentioned around here. The church that helped us wasn't from around here. A lady that went there got some kittens from us and found out about our situation. She is the one that asked. That church has a fix it handyman program. I will give to a church, but I don't recall asking for help for myself. I had $300-$500 back for tithes and offered it to them to put into the church fund- THEY WOULDN'T TAKE IT. I have been asking my inlaws to help me with the roof. I didn't know it was that rusty till some deadfall fell off the trees and made a hole(s). The way the roof is thinner than the old trailer and slanted it isn't a good ideal to walk on it- you just have to stay on the ladder and stretch to reach places unless you're real skinny. My legs couldn't endure that. In the past my inlaws had a push and pull attitude. That is where we do free stuff for each other, but now many of them are working a lot. I can still work on vehicles because I'm either leaning or laying. I offer that service to the table. Me and Bubba still help one another- just not on my trailer.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Mike,
I also struggle to walk. I probably need a hip replacement, but after seeing what the anesthesia did to my dad's mind, I'm afraid. I have good and bad days. On a good day, with medication, I can walk one hundred feet before I feel pain with each step. I'll climb a ladder, one step at a time, but won't transition to the roof.

IMO if you can work as a mechanic, you can do electrical in a trailer.

Praying worked for Job, maybe it will work for you.

Although it is not biblical, I adhere to the mantra, "God helps those who helps himself."

Good luck with your prayers, may they bring you good fortune, and solace.

Poppy

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Poppy. I was revising the post above yours while you was posting, so you probably haven't read the revised version yet. It hurts to bend over in a chair to do the plug in receptacles. I hope that it is that instead of the rats. I want to put out some poison, but it might hurt the cat that comes in to catch them. Them things multiply too fast. That trailer started going downhill after my wife and I married back in 97. From her running a truck into it to ruining the cabinets from spraying back when an infestation started- and also critters messing up the insulation underneith. That trailer is a cavalier 14x70 and it is more difficult to navagate corners in it without messing up the moulding than it was the old 12x60.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back on Melvinia, I think I might take her to an herbalist when she gets out. There is one in Hoover that has a call in talk show here on the radio and she is also on youtube. I've met her in person and talked to her several times on the radio and even cut up with her. She does something called a consult where she asks questions and looks at your eyes, nails and tongue. By doing this she can tell what you are deficient in and what you need. She is full blooded cherokee and talks like a country gal on steroids lol. Those herbs must be working because she is 60 or 61 and she looks like a normal woman in their mid to late 30s. I think she can help me also, but I'm consentrating on Melvinia first. That herbalist is so good she has brought several people back from fatal health problems. She is generous with her free information on the radio, youtube and her free tuesday night classes, but charges for the consults.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poppy, on that hip replacment, I need one too on my short leg.
I has a boss man once named Ron. When I first started auto armature service back in 89 he was in his early 50s and I was 23. He stilled played softball and could run circles around me. The last time I worked there in 2007, he was still in good shape in his early 70s. He didn't hardly ever get a cold or take medicine. He was muscular and in great shape. He didn't want to retire, but was forced to after the newly bought company outsourced the work. He still had a sharp mind also, but.....then he had hip surgery. I've kept in touch him through the years and even talked to him not too long ago. After surgery he sounded like a old man. His talk was no longer normal and upbeat, but was slower and lower in volume. It's difficult to explain, but I would expect that from him at 100, but not at all in his late 70s- early 80s. I think whatever they gave him during surgery aged his mind. He still has trouble out of that hip replacment and I know someone else that had hip replacment surgery that still has trouble. It seems like his mind has also been slowed down. I reckon I better just live with my hip problems because I want to keep my dull mind from getting any duller.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I worked in physical therapy for about 5 years and helped dozens and dozens of patients through hip replacements as well as other surgeries and never saw anyone have an adverse reaction of the mind due to anesthesia. I'm not saying it isn't possible because every human body reacts differently to chemical intervention but I would say it's extremely unlikely.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it only does it with rare blood types. The last time I went under was around 14 years ago. Didn't seem to hurt me, but my body hasn't been the same since. Arthritis might have set up in my joints from being laid up from knee surgery.
Kind of afraid to do it again after I read about agenda 21.

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
She's back home. She's all chocked up like she needs some expectorant cough syrup or something. She definitely has copd. They aren't sure about congestive heart failure yet. I think they are kicking around the ideal.
Thanks for praying and caring.

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is a nebulizer like a breathing treatment machine? If it is she already has one. She has a prescription for 3 medicines we got to fill- I don't know what they are yet.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's not much but "Breathe Right" strips that open nasal passages sure worked wonders for my father when his lungs started crapping out.. Those are the adhesive strips that attach across upper nose bridge. Like worn in sports.. Helped him immensely especially at night during sleep..
NO drugs!! If you can help it