Post your Pelican case setup!

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Look what the postie dropped off - thanks to Kevin from Battery Station!

HPIM1104.jpg

:D

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been trying to get my parents to let me spend some of my money. But Noooooo... (Imagine a harsh teenage voice, with a slight touch of mockery for that last sentence.) First, I wanted a Ra Exec. EDC, with a Ti clip, and rechargeable batteries. No. Then I wanted a Fenix TK40, and a set or two of Eneloops. No.
Alas...
I've really been bugging my parents to let me purchase a 1430 Top-loader case. I saws this really neat thing on edcforums, where a guy lined his with velcro, and was using that as his laptop bag, and my argument is, "I'm buying a laptop, which is expensive, and I want to be able to protect it from everything." No. Anyone wanna bet that they won't let me buy the laptop, either?:shakehead

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... I guy without flashlight is so sad... Try to speak with your parents seriously... :candle: communication is the most important between parents and children

I've been trying to get my parents to let me spend some of my money. But Noooooo... (Imagine a harsh teenage voice, with a slight touch of mockery for that last sentence.) First, I wanted a Ra Exec. EDC, with a Ti clip, and rechargeable batteries. No. Then I wanted a Fenix TK40, and a set or two of Eneloops. No.
Alas...
I've really been bugging my parents to let me purchase a 1430 Top-loader case. I saws this really neat thing on edcforums, where a guy lined his with velcro, and was using that as his laptop bag, and my argument is, "I'm buying a laptop, which is expensive, and I want to be able to protect it from everything." No. Anyone wanna bet that they won't let me buy the laptop, either?:shakehead

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... I guy without flashlight is so sad... Try to speak with your parents seriously... :candle: communication is the most important between parents and children

I was being sarcastic when I typed that. I really do try to actually discuss things at length with my parents.
MY point is tho, that, as I've tried explaining to them, I have a job now. I'm making good money for someone my age. I'm putting ~80% of my paychecks (about $140 per week) into my college fund, and another 15% into my car insurance fund (I'll be driving in about a month, i'll be on my parents car insurance plan, but they wish me to help pay the extra cost, which is understandable). I've been saving the other 5% as my fun money, to spend as I wish. I haven't been asking them for money to purchase things, or go to the movies/mall. I've been saving, and I've seen a few things that I would like to have, that I can personally afford, and wish to own.
But even after multiple discussions, they do not wish me to spend any of my money, even on quality items that I know I will use (some nicer flashlights, rechargeable batt's, new cold weather sleeping bag, new school bookbag, etc.). I understand that my parents feel that I may be being foolish with my money, but it's my money, earned completely independently, without any help from either of them, and saved scrupulously, stretching pennies to make my personal life more comfortable.

I'm not trying to sound whiny, but it's true. My parents don't let me spend to buy anything. Ironically, it was my mother who sat me down and told me to get a job this summer, because she was tired of having to shell out for my things. She said that if I promised to save most of my paychecks for college, and car insurance, I would be able to spend the rest however I felt like. But I guess not.

Last edited:

JJV

Newly Enlightened
I was being sarcastic when I typed that. I really do try to actually discuss things at length with my parents.
MY point is tho, that, as I've tried explaining to them, I have a job now. I'm making good money for someone my age. I'm putting ~80% of my paychecks (about $140 per week) into my college fund, and another 15% into my car insurance fund (I'll be driving in about a month, i'll be on my parents car insurance plan, but they wish me to help pay the extra cost, which is understandable). I've been saving the other 5% as my fun money, to spend as I wish. I haven't been asking them for money to purchase things, or go to the movies/mall. I've been saving, and I've seen a few things that I would like to have, that I can personally afford, and wish to own.
But even after multiple discussions, they do not wish me to spend any of my money, even on quality items that I know I will use (some nicer flashlights, rechargeable batt's, new cold weather sleeping bag, new school bookbag, etc.). I understand that my parents feel that I may be being foolish with my money, but it's my money, earned completely independently, without any help from either of them, and saved scrupulously, stretching pennies to make my personal life more comfortable.

I'm not trying to sound whiny, but it's true. My parents don't let me spend to buy anything. Ironically, it was my mother who sat me down and told me to get a job this summer, because she was tired of having to shell out for my things. She said that if I promised to save most of my paychecks for college, and car insurance, I would be able to spend the rest however I felt like. But I guess not.

I feel your pain. Just wait until you get married.....;)

Meganoggin

Enlightened
How about Zero Halliburton cases? For when you want to world to know you have something stealable

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got one and if you go through an airport with one, people look at you like you are a gun / drug runner! Mind you, they also stare at you with a Peli case in your hand....:whistle:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, here's it was...I use a plano handgun case, still has the pick and pluck...now that i got got My M6 (currently resinding in my large peli case), it's time to start over...until I get 4 more lights...a vicious cycle, I tell ya :shakehead

VestPics1.jpg

VestPics.jpg

Last edited:

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Well, here's it was...I use a plano handgun case, still has the pick and pluck...now that i got got My M6 (currently resinding in my large peli case), it's time to start over...until I get 4 more lights...a vicious cycle, I tell ya :shakehead

I know what you mean - I cant sell the case because I have lights that fit.... I cant sell the lights because they fit the spaces in the case.... :sick2:

snailmeat

Newly Enlightened
Here's mine. Bought it over the weekend. Well its not a Pelican, its some Italian brand called HPRC. Currently still has space for more, but I'm saving it for all the flashlights that didn't come with holsters or pouches.

IMG_2944-2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts