Prometheus Lights: AAA Beta-QR LIVE on Kickstarter

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Mine are delivered, but I won't be back in the US until Monday to play with them.

Anyone have beamshots of the copper version?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my copper today! Makes me wish I would have bought others to lego

I got my copper yesterday. it is very nice. fit and finish is awesome. If you want to lego with other copper, the Beta-QR Copper lego's with the Worm Copper (Full interchange of head/body), and the Maratac Cu AAA (Beta-QR head on Maratac body only), and the Beta-QR head works on the Fritz15 mini bodies as well, if you wanted an extremely short light with a N219 :)

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
Playing with mine a little more. The light itself is really smooth but the keychain attachment has some sharp corners to it. I also find myself wanting more grip on the head. Neither are deal breakers though. A neat little light!

dlong0609

Newly Enlightened
Got a copper and HA. The copper threads are a bit gritty even after a little nyogel. Definitely a 2-hander. The HA is smooth as can be. Any other copper experience out there?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my copper and two En's today, The two that I'm keeping, threads smooth as silk (cu and en). Very nice lights, great job putting this deal together Jason.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a copper and HA. The copper threads are a bit gritty even after a little nyogel. Definitely a 2-hander. The HA is smooth as can be. Any other copper experience out there?

If you're looking to make the head easier to turn don't use nyogel, use nano oil.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My copper does not turn smoothly. I don't appreciate spending this much money for the quality it has.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
My copper does not turn smoothly. I don't appreciate spending this much money for the quality it has.
Do you have another copper light? I wonder if copper threads have a different feel. Is there a break in period for copper?

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own any other copper lights. With the battery installed the pressure from the spring creates enough force to the point the threads don't turn smoothly.
Do you have another copper light? I wonder if copper threads have a different feel. It there a break in period for copper?

dlong0609

Newly Enlightened
I'm with FlashKat...mostly disapointed with the overall quality. The quick release device is loose and rattly on both lights. I guess it's called a Beta for a reason. Not even close to the build quality of my LD01 or LM21. Nice beam though.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I'm with FlashKat...mostly disapointed with the overall quality. The quick release device is loose and rattly on both lights. I guess it's called a Beta for a reason. Not even close to the build quality of my LD01 or LM21. Nice beam though.
The quick release is suppose to be a little loose and rattly. Loose and rattly doesn't sound like quality but I think it designed like that so it easier to align the attachment. Jason supposedly made the tail attachment little bit tighter fit than what the bass QR normally attaches to.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
My Ready-Made has a little resistance in the threads due to the tension created by the springs and battery. I can accept that. I hope the threads are nice and smooth otherwise. HDS and Malkoff threads have always been better than Prometheus threads from my experience. Nothing beats the quality of the Prometheus beam though.

Last edited:

DDS

Enlightened
Received my 3 pack ( EN, black HA, and copper) yesterday. The threads on the EN and black are smooth as butter, the copper is very gritty and definitely a two hander; maybe it will smooth up with some use, however, the pressure from the spring may preclude that. I really like the three speed on the copper...moonlight is nice. Finish on all three is fantastic, but I wish there was more scalloping on the head for traction. As it is now, it is very slippery. For my grip, it requires me to make a conscious effort to grip it "just right" to enable it to be a one hander. The beam is very uniform and the tint spot on. I plan on taking a stone to the brass key chain attachment to soften a very sharp edge on the brass that bothers me. I'll be ordering some nano oil to see if that helps with the threads on the copper model. If Jason wanted one suggestion only from me on how to improve the light, it would be to make broader and deeper scallops on the head. Overall I am very happy with my purchase. Thank you Jason for doing this project!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
For all my copper lights I regularly clean the threads, especially when new. And especially twisties. The ones I carry the most have really smoothed out the action.

JeepsRcool

Newly Enlightened
I got 2 coppers and they both feel very smooth and are easily cycled through the modes with one hand. The quick release is very snug once locked up, and is doable with one hand. I am happy and would purchase again!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my EN home and my first impression was how honking big it seemed?
So I held it next to my LD01 and they are EXACTLY the same size with the QR removed?
Interesting?

Overall I am pretty unimpressed so far as the LD01 seems better in every way to me and for a lot less money. Also worth mentioning is that my LD01 is the SS version which has bested everything I have tried next to it to date.

I want to try it tonight in the dark though before really deciding how I like it.

DDS

Enlightened
JeepsRcool,

The QC must be very variable since all three QR's on my lights are loose when locked in place. I do recall that Jason said that the tolerances on the QR that he selected was better than most. Guess you got lucky twice with regards the smoothness of action and tight QR's :)