Prometheus Lights: AAA Beta-QR LIVE on Kickstarter

Can't believe his fast my copper is getting a nice patina. Less than a week and hardly a shiny spot left.

I just received my copper beta qr. Awesome tint, very nice and even beam, super quality, surprisingly bright on an Eneloop xx and no qr rattle at all. Thanks Jason!

I have been enjoying my Beta AR's. The EN version lives on my key chain and has been seeing a lot of use. I have the copper one mounted on my bag. My copper version has the tightest QR, the other two versions fit, but not as tight. I think that I am going to keep the copper polished since it has not knurling like the Maratac. Thanks Jason!

y8udumy6.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

A question to the guys who want to keep the copper light shiny and not let it patina, what do you do to stop copper tarnishing?

My ideas are Renaissance wax, Meguiars car wax, Everbrite ProtectaClear, Rain X or something else?

A question to the guys who want to keep the copper light shiny and not let it patina, what do you do to stop copper tarnishing?

My ideas are Renaissance wax, Meguiars car wax, Everbrite ProtectaClear, Rain X or something else?

I'm curious too. I'm letting mine go. I may wish to bring it back though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know how to stop it from tarnishing, but I do know that dipping it in white vinegar will instantly clean the copper. make sure you rinse afterwards.

After driving 40 miles to track some down, I tried Renaissance wax on a couple copper Maratacs. It slowed the patina formation, but did not stop it. After 2 weeks (just sitting in a drawer, with very occasional use), I was so happy it was still shiny. After 2 months, the shiny was gone.
I'll have to try Meguiars again. It seems like it didn't do anything, but I may have cleaned it off before giving it a decent chance.

After driving 40 miles to track some down, I tried Renaissance wax on a couple copper Maratacs. It slowed the patina formation, but did not stop it. After 2 weeks (just sitting in a drawer, with very occasional use), I was so happy it was still shiny. After 2 months, the shiny was gone.
I'll have to try Meguiars again. It seems like it didn't do anything, but I may have cleaned it off before giving it a decent chance.
That's the same experience I've had with Renaissance. Multiple coats help a bit though.

my two en's arrived yesterday. perfectly smooth threads. added nyogel & nano oil as always through. the quality of the light output is warm with nice hot spot. not floody. the quick release works very well. I removed the large split ring & added - size 6 or 8 & a Tec python gate clip. nice job Jason!!

I got my copper about 2 weeks ago and love it, beautiful beam, tint, and well judged levels.

Works well with an Efest 10440 though all 3 levels are much brighter and it would get pretty hot pretty quick if left on high for too long.

I added a clip too, from some other old AAA light, might be off a Fenix or ITP A3 or something. Used heatshrink over it to keep it in place, works well so far.

Renaissance wax didn't help much with the tarnish, after 24 hours it had started to discolor a touch already.

Collinite 845 is the best thing I tried so far, lasts a week of pocket carry before starting to discolor :)

I got my copper about 2 weeks ago and love it, beautiful beam, tint, and well judged levels.

Works well with an Efest 10440 though all 3 levels are much brighter and it would get pretty hot pretty quick if left on high for too long.

I added a clip too, from some other old AAA light, might be off a Fenix or ITP A3 or something. Used heatshrink over it to keep it in place, works well so far.

Renaissance wax didn't help much with the tarnish, after 24 hours it had started to discolor a touch already.

Collinite 845 is the best thing I tried so far, lasts a week of pocket carry before starting to discolor :)

Be careful Li-ion or batteries with 3.7v isn't recommended for this light.

Be careful Li-ion or batteries with 3.7v isn't recommended for this light.

I know, it was made pretty clear on the Kickstarter page, but I'm a risk taker!

If it fried it I would have told him what I did and asked to buy another driver.

Mostly I'll use it with Eneloop AAA anyway :)

Patina picture. mine's at that stage of the having the purple colors in the patina. Took 3 tries to get the picture :)

Beta-QR-Copper-1.jpg

Pocket clip options? I'm not sure how it would go on, but one of Jasons' design would be pretty sweet. I'm patiently waiting for my copper one to arrive:D

sketch wasn't too bad for being done in paint on my PC lol. Id buy my design if some one made it lol.