Prometheus Lights: AAA Beta-QR LIVE on Kickstarter

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I feel the QR is more novel than anything else.

The QR is a great feature in my opinion. My keys are always with me so now my Beta QR is always with me. For extended use, I prefer to not hold my entire key ring. With the QR feature I don't have to fumble with a split ring. If you like to pocket carry a light every day, I could see the QR being an unneeded feature, but for me it is one of the reasons I bought the light. Sure you can use a QR on any keychain light, but the female end being built in really helps reduce key ring bulk.

Last edited:

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I have been enjoying my Beta QRs. I like the QD pocket clip idea too, it would add versatility to the lights.

lockdoc

Newly Enlightened
I replaced the stock QR with a Swiss QR from countycomm. I had to file on it a bit to get it to fit, but I like it better. My light matches the QR now!
qyde4u5a.jpg

FireAway

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Copper Beta-QR. I'm in love with the thing. It just oozes class, I can hardly wait till it develops a nice patina though. The 3 modes are great, with a moonlight, good medium and a very usable high mode. I keep it in the coin pocket in my jeans with a small lanyard attaching to the QR and my belt, which is perfect. The QR has a nice snug fit while still being easy to reattach. A few minor gripes would be that I need to get some of that nano-oil that Jason raves about for the threads, and perhaps some of the bright blue flurosilicone o-rings for some visual contrast.

What are the thoughts on making it out of Aluminum Bronze?

-J

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on " the bright blue flurosilicone o-rings for some visual contrast. "

I just received my Copper Beta-QR. I'm in love with the thing. It just oozes class, I can hardly wait till it develops a nice patina though. The 3 modes are great, with a moonlight, good medium and a very usable high mode. I keep it in the coin pocket in my jeans with a small lanyard attaching to the QR and my belt, which is perfect. The QR has a nice snug fit while still being easy to reattach. A few minor gripes would be that I need to get some of that nano-oil that Jason raves about for the threads, and perhaps some of the bright blue flurosilicone o-rings for some visual contrast.

What are the thoughts on making it out of Aluminum Bronze?

-J

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Flurosilicone o-rings isn't available in metric size. I ask Jason asked about that and that's what he told me.

az2ak

Newly Enlightened
I don't have time atm to read the entire thread, but I just discovered - accidentally - that if I keep my QR twisty set to where it's just barely turned off that I can press on the front portion and the light will come on for as long as I maintain pressure - essentially a "momentary on" effect. Repeated presses cycles through the illumination modes, just like actuating the twisty UI. This works for all three of my QRs, including the copper..

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it intended and I'm just too dumb to know it? Or is it a result of some play in the material/tolerance allowing contact to be made, resulting in what I think is a nice feature?

gonefishing

Enlightened
I did the other day with my Copper QR. Kinda cool.

I don't have time atm to read the entire thread, but I just discovered - accidentally - that if I keep my QR twisty set to where it's just barely turned off that I can press on the front portion and the light will come on for as long as I maintain pressure - essentially a "momentary on" effect. Repeated presses cycles through the illumination modes, just like actuating the twisty UI. This works for all three of my QRs, including the copper..

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it intended and I'm just too dumb to know it? Or is it a result of some play in the material/tolerance allowing contact to be made, resulting in what I think is a nice feature?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

That seems to be common feature of twisties.

bluebonnet

Newly Enlightened

Yes, mine does the same thing.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I don't see why you couldn't wear it around your neck. It is heavier and may tarnish faster, but it will function 100%.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
he might sell an upgrade pill later.

@neutralwhite
You should clear your message box.

I've never had a CU light and am glad this light forced me to get one. I will be doing CU in the future.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Newguy2012

Enlightened
I've never had a CU light and am glad this light forced me to get one. I will be doing CU in the future.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It great as a aaa light. I'm lucky Jason gave me a chance to buy a 2nd one when he accidentally sent me one.:) I'm not sure if copper is good for a larger lights. It'll be heavy. I would light see Jason sell a EN beta with a Copper head. I'll be cooler if he made the head shaped like his Alpha. I try to lego my betas like that but it doesn't seem to fit. :[