• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Protective Bezels for Aspherical Lenses Interest Thread

Nanomiser

Enlightened
tanasit added! I thought about that as well, but I'm not sure if either style bezel will accommodate regular flat lens. Good selling angle though! I'll have to take a look at that possibility.

donn sorry about that; added!

cnjl3 added!

Caught a couple of other mistakes as well; corrected!

Last edited:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
BenjiBot: Added!

lctorana: Added! However, a Surplus Shed lens may be a problem and seeing how I don't have one I can't confirm this either way. Again, can someone please do me a big favor and post the definitive 411 on the SS compatibility? Thank you in advance :)

JohnTz: Added!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent Nanomiser! I have a suggestion for your interest tread, read it please and let me know what you think.

AlexGT

Izual73

Newly Enlightened
I`m interested in one for KD lens. Also suggesting for less aggressive desing that shields the disturbing stray light from sides. (=not so deep grenellations)

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Somewhere, earlier in this thread, there's a link to a LuxLuthor thread comparing them. I think he found the MG to be getter.

I only have the MGs. One of them is on a P7 Mag, and it's flawless.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it has been compared in another tread, I'll see if I can find it.

IIRC The KD looked dimmer and with a slight shift to the yellow in the tint than the MG aspheric which aparently the material was more transparent and didn't change the tint. Also the die appeared to be more focused on the MG than in the KD but not by much.

I wish I can find the tread with the beamshots, my guess is that its about 6 months old.

AlexGT

Edit, the link is on an earlier post, I copy and pasted the picture from Luxluthor's tread, credits to him

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donn,

I tried to PM you about your experience with the P7 and an aspheric, but seems you dont have PM's setup, want to share your findings? I tried but had 4 hotspots, how did you attain a flawless beam?

AlexGT

Somewhere, earlier in this thread, there's a link to a LuxLuthor thread comparing them. I think he found the MG to be getter.

I only have the MGs. One of them is on a P7 Mag, and it's flawless.

donn_

Flashaholic
Alex...my email address is in my profile, for future reference. PM is too difficult to keep empty.

The findings are simple. I bought a straight-up direct drive P7 3D Mag a while back, and tried the MG on top of it. I'm using a KIU bezel which doesn't tighten all the way down, but I just put an O-ring over the gap.

At the tightest focus, I get a perfect image of the P7 emitter on the wall...all 4 dies, in excellent focus.

When I open up the focus a little, I get a larger almost round hotspot, which is the focus I usually use outdoors.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished reading LuxLuthor's thread and it seems the MG and SS lenses are really better than the lens Kaidoman is offering. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Edit: I just noticed LuxLuthor used the MG 01 LAG 123 while I was referring to the MG 01 LAG 010.
The latter is slightly thicker but has shorter focal length. Did anyone tried this one?

Last edited:

Nanomiser

Enlightened
Izual73 Added!

Icarus & donn I agree the glass quality between the KD & MG is night and day. MG is much clearer, no distortions or inclusions; well worth the additional cost.

Are there any significant pros or cons between a 33mm FL vs. a 37mm FL?

I have the MG 01 LAG 123 so I was designing around a 23mm lens thickness. How many members, if any, are using the MG 01 LAG 010 lens? Do I need to design for 25mm thickness or is 23mm okay? Maybe I should just make sure that the bottom of the crenellation valleys are 2mm higher than the tip of the MG 01 LAG 123. :thinking:

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that the benefit of having a 33 mm FL over a 37 mm FL is that you won't have to unscrew the bezel too much to get good focus.

AlexGT

KHT

Newly Enlightened
I like the smooth look but with really aggressive crenelations with slots. Polished stainless would be great.

JohnTz

Enlightened
Maybe when these are available we can do a group buy on the lenses. Maybe Nano can offer lens/bezel combos at a single price. Just a thought for getting a complete solution.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe when these are available we can do a group buy on the lenses. Maybe Nano can offer lens/bezel combos at a single price. Just a thought for getting a complete solution.

I can only support this suggestion! :thumbsup: