Really, Really Dumb Question, Dumbest Ever

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, a forward clicky just seems more useful and intuitive. It feels like i have more positive control over when I do or do not have the light on. Having to go through full on to get to momentary with a reverse clicky just doesn't seem the right way to operate.

After living with both for a fair time, if I had a choice it would be the forward, however I've had enough situations when the reverse was very useful and if possible I'd like both

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
one example https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2835428#post2835428

Another example https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221421&page=2

I am sure if a search was done one could find more.:wave::nana:

I just read both of the threads you linked to and I'm just not seeing the abuse you are describing.

My suggestion to you is to grow a little thicker skin. It is difficult to express tone in text. It takes a skilled writer to express tone correctly, most of us are not skilled writers, including me. Sometimes, what you might consider to be a disrespectful comment, was not intended as such.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading through the "Welcome Mat" thread, My knowledge of flashlights increased x2

:thumbsup:
And that is why it's better to point newbs to the welcome mat instead of just answering the question they have right now. :)

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
please post the subject matter in the subject line
+1
Searching I have found unless you have the right "phrasing" you don't get the results you are looking for or you have to sift through the fluff and some of the off topic banter that can not help to go on.
exactly, 'sifting' through all the other stuff when your phrasing isn't entirely correct is made even worse when the title of the thread has nothing to do with the question being asked.

please edit the thread title to reflect what it pertains to :duh2:

jusval

Enlightened
A/V Dude:

First off, the questions are not dumb...they are legitimate. It is just that over the course of months and years the same questions appear over and over again and as they do, they get answered. Some are linked, some become a sticky. I dont' believe directing anyone either a nube or an existing member constitutes as a snide remark, I see it more as a courtesy.

In response to the second portion of your post, looking up old links and reading through them is a good way to familiarize yourself with the many facets available at this great forum. Learning as you go.

Lastly, I don't know where the "break-off" point is for new members in oppossed to "old timers" but I assure you that there is a wealth of information within these halls from members of varying age, experience and the practical application of all things related to this forum.

I really don't think any "old timer" feels the need to belittle anyone, much less a newbie to make themselves fell better. Do people get cranky, sure they do. Just a part of life. I've been here since 2003, didn't join till 2007. I still have a ton of questions, some I look up, others are answered in due time. When and if the need arises, I will ask..and it will be answered, either directly or I will be pointed in the right diection.

Plase enjoy your stay here...and always feel welcomed.

Best Regards:
Bob

+1 Bob

Well said.