RemcoM`s Hi/Low beam light thread

ven

Flashaholic
Remco,you defo need an sr52vn in your life:) just not on your handle bars;)

Look at the bc30vn or email(dont pm if possible) vinh on the bc30vn,far more practical..............

Other than that,market place,$1000 and get a deft X,not easy to get hold of,but thats 1,000kcd or as i prefer as looks better 1,000,000cd:)

If you want something like head lamps,check the nightreaper out or PH40 helios,closest you will get imo,lots of flood,wide spread of light and good throw..........just awesome and what military use on large vehicles............

After that check some helicopter lights out..................

RemcoM

Enlightened
Remco,you defo need an sr52vn in your life:) just not on your handle bars;)

Look at the bc30vn or email(dont pm if possible) vinh on the bc30vn,far more practical..............

Other than that,market place,$1000 and get a deft X,not easy to get hold of,but thats 1,000kcd or as i prefer as looks better 1,000,000cd:)

If you want something like head lamps,check the nightreaper out or PH40 helios,closest you will get imo,lots of flood,wide spread of light and good throw..........just awesome and what military use on large vehicles............

After that check some helicopter lights out..................

But the TK61vn, does some more throw.....600kcD, and thats really outstanding....you have that thing?

How does it throw? I think the TK61vn, is a better option for me...but i have also the Nitecore TM36, with over 300 kcD, and i can tell you, thats alot.

I hope i can reach trees at 800 meters visible, possible, with over 300 kcD?

ven

Flashaholic
For me there are a lot more factors than kcd when choosing a thrower(sounds odd i know) Size,UI all play an important part as if its too big,or a pita to use.............it wont get used. Now seriously,can you actually see a tree at almost 1km.............its a long way,thats before light and other air contamination helps dilute the hot spot.

I try and choose a light on "am i actually going to use this" now,maybe as i have a good few,lumens take less priority over size/ui ...........

The size between the sr52vn and tm36 s more than significant, i am telling you now! you will be using it all the time for ease,more than enough,just buy one and find out,after all its a 1/3 the price of the tm36..............if you dont like(highly unlikely) you could sell with ease.

I will be honest,all this 800m and trees to me is just not important,a user friendly light,can be run at max for as long as you want,easy to carry and solid build is what matters. Now when i had the tk61vn and sr52vn next to each other,yes the tk61vn has brighter hot spot...........goes without saying,but the sr52vn puts up a damn good fight for its size.

If you want the ultimate and within reason,then look no further
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?390749-TK61vn-V3-5

Buy that and be done!!!!

:thumbsup:

Oh and the sr52vn as back up:nana:

y260

Enlightened
ven you're very patient :bow: but really that's a nice off-roader you have there. i saw a similar SUV on top gear with the same type of intake, you can basically be submerged up to your hood in water and still drive no problem

ven

Flashaholic
ven you're very patient :bow: but really that's a nice off-roader you have there. i saw a similar SUV on top gear with the same type of intake, you can basically be submerged up to your hood in water and still drive no problem

Hi there,thank you,it was my baby for 8yrs and lost count of the mods,from 35" boots,to suspension/body lift,winch(snorkel is the intake you mean).......endless to steering dampers etc etc i would guess at $8-10,000 spent over years including repairs too of around $4000.............

Part of family,everyone loved it and on the pajero/shogun clubs one of the most well known in uk,that truck is known from canada to australia to iceland.........

Dervs are better,mine was a v6 lump so the dizzy needed protection(marigold with slits in finger work well)

Check out my youtube channel venn105 for lots of off road vids:)

Oh and in the pack ,it had a J Clarkson from Rotherham(mr clarkson worked for a magazine then before TV) never looked too far into it but i presume it was his or wives.........back in early 90s. After then it went to a TV company for many years,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for kind words:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
It has high beams and in cafe so not too off topic,this is the boss on the beach before i put 35s on it and more lift,at time it had 33/12.5/15 tyres

y260

Enlightened
Cool vids! I was checking out one where you were driving through a bunch of mud trails in some real nice looking country. I live in Oahu, Hawai'i so there's really nowhere to go off-roading, (you can go around the entire island in several hours). So seeing the wide open land you guys were trailing through is pretty nice. Maybe one of these days I'll get off this rock and trail across Europe. I'd have to do it in a rental SUV, so I probably won't fare as well as you :shakehead

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you y260
Oh just shout,i will swap you :laughing: leave me a 308 so i can pretend to be magnum(start growing tache now) :laughing: and you can enjoy our beautiful Autumn.........rain,rain,but sometimes we get ..............rain :laughing: in fact a storm is due in tomorrow,maybe night time so Remco,if you need to know any rainy storm"if you can be seen" stuff, i can let you know:whistle:

In UK we have "green lanes" so quite strict and many closed down to the minority ruining it(going off piste)which basically is driving where they should not off the lanes and causing damage. Other than that we have "pay and play" sites,all set up ,pay on entry and a large amount of land,climbs,water etc for fun(look under wildor venn105)

:)

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi ven,

1 Does your Olight SR52vn, look bright, at 250 kcD, when you shine it at me, just after sunset, but still not really dark, under grey dark clouds, at 200 meters distance?

2 What do i possibly think, when you drive towards me, in the dark, outside city, when you have the SR52vn, mounted on a bike, and you drive towards me (me unknowing whats comming there) at turbomode (250)kcD?

3 Whats your opinion, about the brightness/intensity, of headlights on fast motorbikes? They look pretty intense, when some motorcycles, passes by, when they are fast driving, racing sometimes.

But does your Sr52vn, and your TK61vn, outthrow/shine motorbikeheadlights/HIGHbeams? My Nitecore TM36, at 310 kcD, also?

ven

Flashaholic
Hi ven,

1 Does your Olight SR52vn, look bright, at 250 kcD, when you shine it at me, just after sunset, but still not really dark, under grey dark clouds, at 200 meters distance?

2 What do i possibly think, when you drive towards me, in the dark, outside city, when you have the SR52vn, mounted on a bike, and you drive towards me (me unknowing whats comming there) at turbomode (250)kcD?

3 Whats your opinion, about the brightness/intensity, of headlights on fast motorbikes? They look pretty intense, when some motorcycles, passes by, when they are fast driving, racing sometimes.

But does your Sr52vn, and your TK61vn, outthrow/shine motorbikeheadlights/HIGHbeams? My Nitecore TM36, at 310 kcD, also?

Answered honestly

1-200m at 250kcd will appear very bright,in day light if looked into the "light" from 200m it will be very bright............

2-I would think *beep* beep* *beep* and probably have words at best(thats me though)and if i did not drive into you by being blinded!

3-Motorbikes,dont know much on them and they rely on the one lamp unit,it is critical they are seen due to being very vulnerable compared to other vehicles. But they have to pass EU regulations,so would have to be legal or they could/would be prosecuted if pulled over by police

Final question,i am not aware what the kcd is of a bike head light high beam,i would pick a bike,find out what unit used and read specs. But i can assume it would not out through an sr52vn or tk61vn as these are modified,purpose built throwers. Designed to throw a concentrated spot a long way. Bike,car High Beam are designed also to throw long distance but also spread,i would guess high beam could be 70-90kcd and thats a guess without searching so please dont take as gospel. All brands from Ford to Yamaha will vary slightly in spec(maybe some a lot) but will have to fall within set EU guide line/laws/standards

:)

RemcoM

Enlightened
Thank you...i see you replied.

Thank you very much.

Some more questions.

1 Do you also have a Nitecore TM15? I have...it has little over 30 kcD....enough to win from a carHIGHbeam? Or do i lose it?

What you guess?

2 I want test, on a dark cloudy day this comming week, at late afternoon....grey, dark,completely overcast sky...but sun still above the horizon.

Around 4, to 5 PM....i want put my TM36, on turbosetting, at 310 kcD, and leave it alone for a short moment, lay on a object, shining towards me.......

and i go 200 meters away from it, and look at it......how bright can i expect it to look like?

2 What you guess about the kcD, of headlights, low/HIGHbeam, of scooterbikes, where young people drive with?

Sometimes they are blinding, because some have wrong angle...pointed for/slightly upward.

3 Do you have a bicycle? And what kind of headlight you have on that bike? Bright, or not so?

4 Can you make some pictures, of shining your TK75vn, and your TK61vn, now at afternoon, at a wall, or something else? At highest(turbomode) Must be visible a bit, the hotspot.....even my stock TK75, does show the hotspot outside now, shining it against the wall of my house.

Shine it, at some distance....10 meters or so, or a bit less.

ven

Flashaholic
Dam i just had lots typed and links and its wiped.........so now short version as patience gone for now as not 1st time its happened........

1 yes i do,not compared as it does not or has not been an interest for me to know,if you have it i do suggest you try it yourself.

tk61vn at night(i dont do day pics outside)

This iirc is the tk61vn angled to show spill

I am sure if you look on vinhs tk61vn thread there are some there in day!!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?381201-WTS-TK61vn-V1-1735-ANSI-Lumen-622-KCD

For tk75vn and tk61vn pics look in here,they are mixed up,odd tm15 in too
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/venn105/library/Flashlight distance maps

All my flashlight pics (coming up to 1000) are here
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/venn105/library/Flashlight

2-I honestly cant answer a question accurately on a light i dont own regarding the tm36,but if i did own it i still would not know.Either way it will be yes it will be bright looking into it at 200m

Scooter bikes i have no idea,again best to google/search a popular bike,find out head lamps fitted,what bulbs used (example H4) and work out.

Any car/bike light pointed up or away from road at night is dangerous and potentially dazzling due to large pupils dilating,so in dark they are large to allow more light in to see,bright day constrict so smaller to allow less light in as not to damage/blind.

So night time your pupils are dilated to allow as much light in as possible,this makes them very sensitive to bright direct light....................

3-I dont have a bike,if i did i would get a fenix bc30vn:)

4-I have tried pics before and the auto-balance over rides and does not give an accurate idea or picture of real life. I do not have my hands on a decent camera as one is in work,other is at studio for pics,my iphoney 5 is not much good for beam pics................

There are pics on ceiling of beams in my flashlight album.

10m is a big ask at over 30ft in daytime for a none designed thrower..............i also dont have a blank wall,all what would happen is reflection from windows..........and a poor pic as no camera at hand.

All you can do for accurate info is what you do,you have the lights there,try it:thumbsup:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, report what happens when you turn your truck's headlights on, and the car's on high beam. Then face them toward each other at 100 yards apart with a motorcycle in between on a rotating platform at the 50 yard line. The motorcycle's headlight will be off, but attach that led bar from your truck to its handlebars. Please respond in a different thread that I will specify via pm.

Recent photos only.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: i was just going to do it ....................then i realised i dont have my truck any more:p
:whistle:

:thumbsup:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi to all here,

Can my fenix TK75, with 600 meters reach 90 kcD.....my nitecore TM36, 1100 meters reach...310 kcD, and the TK61vn, with 1600 meters throw, 700 kcD......reach, or win in intensity, of the headlights, landing/taxilights, of the airplane, in the movie below?

Watch from 6.30 minutes, to around 9 minutes, when the pilot turns on its highbeam.

What do you all guess, of the kcD intensity, of the highbeam/landing/taxilight, of this airbus A 320?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myBmuhsJf90

ven

Flashaholic
Here is one example plucked out for a landing light(google best friend)

SunSpot LX is designed as a LED drop in replacement for the existing GE4509 PAR 36 aircraft lights. SunSpot LX is available in a landing or taxi light. SunSpot LX landing light projects 45,000 candela using 45 Watts/3 AMPs max of power. SunSpot LX taxi light projects 10,000 candela. Mounts with existing ring clamp.​
Power consumption: 45 Watts Max; Current Draw at 12VDC: 3 Amps Max Available in taxi or landing lights. Clamp Mount: Par 36 Ring Clamp.

SunSpot has the same great design features as other aircraft light designs:
  • Wide Input Voltage Range
    (9VDC-36VDS)
  • Over-temp Sense Protection; ensures our 50,000 hour lifetime guarantee
  • Low-voltage Sense (shuts down half the LED's in emergency, low voltage conditions)
They strongly recomend adding the Pro-tech lens coating which comes with a lifetime warranty on the lens for damage caused from rocks and debris. PMA'd.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Here is one example plucked out for a landing light(google best friend)

SunSpot LX is designed as a LED drop in replacement for the existing GE4509 PAR 36 aircraft lights. SunSpot LX is available in a landing or taxi light. SunSpot LX landing light projects 45,000 candela using 45 Watts/3 AMPs max of power. SunSpot LX taxi light projects 10,000 candela. Mounts with existing ring clamp.​
Power consumption: 45 Watts Max; Current Draw at 12VDC: 3 Amps Max Available in taxi or landing lights. Clamp Mount: Par 36 Ring Clamp.

SunSpot has the same great design features as other aircraft light designs:

• Wide Input Voltage Range
    (9VDC-36VDS)
  • Over-temp Sense Protection; ensures our 50,000 hour lifetime guarantee
  • Low-voltage Sense (shuts down half the LED's in emergency, low voltage conditions)
They strongly recomend adding the Pro-tech lens coating which comes with a lifetime warranty on the lens for damage caused from rocks and debris. PMA'd.

You seen the youtubemovie, from 7 til 9 minutes? Impressive lights isnt it?

What you guess, the Nitecore TM36, and the TK61vn, against the throw of the planehighbeam? My TM36, do not lose i think?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remco, I'm not sure what your fixation is with aircraft or automobile high beams are, but what exactly do you want YOUR lights to do?
An aircraft landing or taxi light isn't the same thing as a hand held flashlight.
I've asked you previously what you're using your lights for, but I don't remember you having answered.

I have a couple of TM36's as well as a couple of Surefire Hellfighters. My use is for identification of whitetail deer and the damage they cause to crops and shrubs. There are times that I can use a vehicle and the Hellfighter gets used. If walking the TM36 gets the nod.
You've got some nice lights, get out and use them.