RemcoM`s Hi/Low beam light thread

RemcoM

Enlightened
Thats your best bet Remco:) saves any unwanted confrontations..........

Other than work or camping,for me to enjoy my lights outside requires dedicated time . So i will specifically go out with a light/s and use them that way as too many cars around locally. Round the house or outside i will use a more specific light generally,more floody and smaller usually(although i do go through stages of using larger lights too).

Measure on google maps your field and some points for ranges,then enjoy your tm36 and see for yourself the throw:thumbsup:

1 Is my TM26, with 1100 meters throw, and 310 kcD....visible for other people, right now, just before sunset?

Could it blind people also, at daytime, afternoon, cloudy, autumm winter day?

3 Your stock Fenix TK50, is not really intense/bright, i think?

Whats your opinion? Is it less intense, than your TK61vn?

RemcoM

Enlightened
Are you still here ven?

You have also a stock Nitecore TM15?

Whats your opinion, about how intense the beam is, and how floody?

1 Is my TM36, with 1100 meters throw, and 310 kcD....visible for other people, right now, just before sunset?

ven

Flashaholic
1 Is my TM26, with 1100 meters throw, and 310 kcD....visible for other people, right now, just before sunset?

Not sure on No 1,you mean tm36,i would have thought so yes,if the light is not obstructed by mist/clouds or pollution then yes it would potentially blind someone for a period of time.

TK50 is completely different league to the tk61vn...............not very good beam pics
tk50 on turbo(only 250 ish lumens) around 150m,of course the pic is not very accurate due to auto ballance(makes it dimmer)
Also very misty as you can tell

tk61vn

There are not that many lights more intense as the tk61vn,more so the v3 version(of course within reason)

tk50 vs tk61 is like a Maglite solitaire AAA vs the 3xD mag

ven

Flashaholic
Yes still have tm15,love the light,2450lm of useful light,good enough throw and flood for general use and some(like a baby tk75 in a way)
Again mist and not best pics but can see difference around 150m away at the fence,more light from the tk75vn
tm15

tk75vn

tk61vn bit too high...............

ven

Flashaholic
:crackup: love it,so bright you cant see...................pointless....................well not unless you want the brightest truck in the world of course,other than that useless on high.

Admittedly very impressive and so they should be,however comparing to a hand held flashlight with a single led is not really fair. Still the tk61vn will throw 1.4km away or even further,its too far to see anyway.................and i am sure its $1000s of $s less too. Bonus as well, mo need for a big truck to wire it to.

Think though Remco,you break down...............what are you going to do then :laughing:

RemcoM

Enlightened
:crackup: love it,so bright you cant see...................pointless....................well not unless you want the brightest truck in the world of course,other than that useless on high.

Admittedly very impressive and so they should be,however comparing to a hand held flashlight with a single led is not really fair. Still the tk61vn will throw 1.4km away or even further,its too far to see anyway.................and i am sure its $1000s of $s less too. Bonus as well, mo need for a big truck to wire it to.

Think though Remco,you break down...............what are you going to do then :laughing:

Hi ven,

The TK61vn, and the TM36, can reach, or win in intensity, of this carheadlights, in the 2 movies?

ven

Flashaholic
God knows................the output is far greater on the truck,but a mile away there might be more concentrated light from the tk61vn..............dont know

RemcoM

Enlightened
God knows................the output is far greater on the truck,but a mile away there might be more concentrated light from the tk61vn..............dont know

Can you light up trees a bit, at 1100 meters distance, with your TK61vn?

RemcoM

Enlightened
There has been no where i can get that distance due to the mist/air pollution or trees etc in the way. Most i can get is around 400yds and even that can be difficult ...........

Already tested or not far off anyway on another thread...........
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...65-Meter-Beamshots-amp-865-Meter-Lux-Readings

This is the v1,now on the v3 which appears to be around 100kcd more

Do you think, that stadiumlights, of soccer/footbalfields, can have high kcD?

Hope, the TM36, and TK61vn, has greater kcd?

ven

Flashaholic
Your comparing completely different lights,throw type to flood light of a stadium. Totally different uses and outputs along with power sources too.

Car highbeams can be 75-150kcd depending on make/brand/design for example. Football fields require flood,no doubt the lumen will be very high.............

RemcoM

Enlightened
Your comparing completely different lights,throw type to flood light of a stadium. Totally different uses and outputs along with power sources too.

Car highbeams can be 75-150kcd depending on make/brand/design for example. Football fields require flood,no doubt the lumen will be very high.............

Hi ven,

I really happy, that you have opened this thresd, where i can ask/post all about low/highbeams, of cars, and all other lightsources.

1 You said, that carhighbeams, are between 75/150 kcd....do you have that from information on internet? Have you heard/read, that they are 75/150 kcd?

2 I have a maglite 3D cell led, with 36 kcd.....what does this maglite, against a carhighbeam? Equal, or win in intensity? Or do i lose it, with this led maglite, with 36 kcd?

3 Can my stock TK61, with tested 150 kcd, win of the intensity of a carhighbeam?

4 And my tested 360 kcd TM36? Win from the carhighbeams? Planehighbeams?

5 how much kcd, you guess are car lowbeams?

ven

Flashaholic
There are many factors and to start with ,has your light meter been calibrated for example. If it's a phone app then of course take everything with a pinch of salt .

google is your best friend for finding specific car beams out,what bulb to what kcd etc as will vary a bit depending on manufacturer(design of head lamp too)

Sure newer high beams are getting on for 150kcd now.

RemcoM

Enlightened
There are many factors and to start with ,has your light meter been calibrated for example. If it's a phone app then of course take everything with a pinch of salt .

google is your best friend for finding specific car beams out,what bulb to what kcd etc as will vary a bit depending on manufacturer(design of head lamp too)

Sure newer high beams are getting on for 150kcd now.

Have you googled/find the kcd, of various carheadlamps?

You say, many have 150 kcd now. Is 150 kcd, 1000 meters of reach, when shining straight forward?

How can i google it? What do i need to type...for example, a Vw Golf, headlight kcd...a BMW 5 Serie headlight kcd? Low, and highbeam?

2 last questions. Will you try to answer them? Great.

And what with motorbike high/lowbeams? About brighter/less bright than carhighbeams/lowbeams?

2 For example, when a motorbike comes towards me from a distance, with a halogen, highbeam, of 160 kcd, extreme for a motorbike, and its just before sunset, at a grey dark cloudy day, with no sun, late afternoon, autumm/winterday,

Will it look bright then, for my eyes, or not bright?

ven

Flashaholic
You will have to look at a car manufacturer,google and find out the lights,like xenons or what ever then look into it further

http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=747363

What ever the lights,during day they will not be as dazzling as when dark for reasons to do with your pupils not being as dilated.

Pick a light(any) in daytime and shine against a white wall from 2 or 3m.............it will be bright.

Now go into a dark room with no light at all other than the same flashlight in hand. Power on the same level at the wall and notice the difference at how you are now dazzled by the same light. Your pupils have not enough time to react causing this(wide open to allow as much light as possible in due to it being dark).

RemcoM

Enlightened
You will have to look at a car manufacturer,google and find out the lights,like xenons or what ever then look into it further

http://trid.trb.org/view.aspx?id=747363

What ever the lights,during day they will not be as dazzling as when dark for reasons to do with your pupils not being as dilated.

Pick a light(any) in daytime and shine against a white wall from 2 or 3m.............it will be bright.

Now go into a dark room with no light at all other than the same flashlight in hand. Power on the same level at the wall and notice the difference at how you are now dazzled by the same light. Your pupils have not enough time to react causing this(wide open to allow as much light as possible in due to it being dark).

Can my TK75, with tested around 80 kcd, win in intensity, of a carhighbeam? And my fenix TK60, with 56 kcd?

ven

Flashaholic
Well the figures you have put there suggest the tk75 has more intensity with 80kcd over the tk60 with 56kcd.............

Car highbeam..........depends which one ,but i would guess at similar kcd give/take........

The beam patterns are different though..........one is sat in a large reflector ,behind a large lens(car) and powered by 12v. The other a lot smaller but with the bonus of being more flexible(take it where you want and point it at any angle).

RemcoM

Enlightened
Well the figures you have put there suggest the tk75 has more intensity with 80kcd over the tk60 with 56kcd.............

Car highbeam..........depends which one ,but i would guess at similar kcd give/take........

The beam patterns are different though..........one is sat in a large reflector ,behind a large lens(car) and powered by 12v. The other a lot smaller but with the bonus of being more flexible(take it where you want and point it at any angle).

You said, that carhighbeams, varies, between 75, and 150 kcd, nowadays...so the TK75, with 80 kcd, can possibly win, of some highbeams....and the TK60, with 56 kcD, will lose a bit, or alot?