Repaired a flashlight for a customer - WOOHOO!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had to share.... I do calibrations, repairs, maintenance on a variety of inspection equipment... I never thought this would happen, but I had to repair a UV flashlight for a customer. They've had the poor thing for about a month and it looks like it's been caving. They successuflly broke the switch, which is a recessed toggle switch near the head. I took the time to carefully take out the whole assembly from the tube, opened it to find out that's also where the regulator is hidden, asked our supplier for a part number for the switch and the boot. Just got the part today, only to find out they sell the complete assembly, which is a whole section of tube between the battery tube and the head. Just unscrew the old one off and screw the new one in... THAT was easy! and here I was, hoping to get to put my skills to work and reassemble the whole thing myself... sheesh! even the sales guys could have done this one!

N10

Newly Enlightened
nice!..UV flashlights for caving?..like to see spiders and stuff?..where do you work if you don't mind me asking?I'm in montreal as well.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice!..UV flashlights for caving?..like to see spiders and stuff?..where do you work if you don't mind me asking?I'm in montreal as well.

I doubt they actually went caving with it, we sell inspection equipment for aerospace and petroleum inustries... but you never know! some pipes run in weird places...

I'm in the west Island and work off the island in Vaudreuil-Dorion. A little off-topic, but any idea if there are enough of us to start a flashaholic gathering for Montreal?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cataract,

Maybe a Pub-Crawl along St. Catherine's? or just sit outside at Churchills and shine lights at the girls walking by??

Hmm... maybe start or finish it off with a walk on Mont-Royal.. then again it would be wayyy too easy for the police to spot us. I'm not sure about shining the girls, though... women can be really uptight around here. I think the best thing would be to first find out which area of town everyone who's interested lives in... there might be interesting parks to gather in that would suit everyone and make parking easier.

I guess since no one has done it before, I'll start the thread for a Montreal meet in the get together section... in a month or so, when the terasses open and the view clears up, if you know what I mean...

How come your location says maine?