REVIEW: The XP-G Gen 2 Lights From FOURSEVENS>>>>>>>>>>

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Re: REVIEW: The XP-G Gen 2 Lights From FOURSEVENS>>>>>>>>>>

Idk why every one is freaking out over the tint I haven't herd anything bad about them until this thread.

I do think Foursevens needs to update there driver on there Quark models. They did so in the X models and they sold like hotcakes they need to update the XP-G2 versions to keep the low's low and up the high to about 300lm and get rid of the pre-flash like they did on the X models and these to will be very popular. Keeping them the same and just swapping the emitter in a light that only does 230lm (what will it go to 255 at the most) is laze IMO. With R5 to S2 it is fine its just binning but this is a different emitter that is a lot more efficient.

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: REVIEW: The XP-G Gen 2 Lights From FOURSEVENS>>>>>>>>>>

Could the led purchasing agent be color blind? Tint = 47 achilles heel
i don't think. they have always marketed as having the latest and greatest of leds regardless of tint. i think it's their marketing strategy. 5% increase, 20% increase, etc. tint is very specific and you can't please all.
on the other end of the spectrum you have zebralight that takes forever to come out with lights because they are very picky on tints(neutral). also could be a marketing strategy so you buy the cool tint impulsively then the neutral when it comes out later.

UGH! It's not even worth my time to share my thoughts on how terrible I think those blue tints look. At least the older tints were more of a white color based on those pictures.

Not that it matters to me........ Except for a SS Preon Revo I haven't given 4-7s any of my business in two years - the lights are just too mass market for my taste now.

i agree with this and haven't purchased from them in a long time. i feel like they went the way of fenix and market to the masses rather than the speciality market. they are cutting edge in terms of leds but i feel like they haven't innovated in awhile. i think dave is more of a businessman rather than a flashaholic nowadays. nothing wrong with that to be honest.

on the review, nothing to wrong with an all positive review. most reviews out there are like that which don't truly test the light. i do agree the review should be included in the original post so going to the link is optional.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a FOURSEVENS QP2L-X few days ago...

I compared it with my Quark X 123² which is the same flashlight except for the logo...

And wath ?

The difference between these two flashlights is amazing!

Examining carefully the LED and the texture of the reflector, the LED is exactly the same but the reflector seem to have lightly more OP in it.

I have always been satisfied with my Quark 123² XP-G R5 and 123² XM-L T6 but now the QPL-X (XM-LT6) it is a real dream come true : the smallest and brightest two CR123A flashlight ever seen, the best EDC flashlight ever made.

OK ya lost me... what's the difference? just the OP reflector? the logo? Could it be you've been blasting your older 123^2 XMLT6 on max too much and fading the emitter out? Isn't this thread about the XP-G2, not XML?

Anyways, I got a new Mini AA in with the G2 and I'm not sure I can see much difference in brightness (just wall shots in the daytime though), but the tint looks to be a very pure white.