REVIEW: The XP-G Gen 2 Lights From FOURSEVENS>>>>>>>>>>

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
Re: REVIEW: The XP-G Gen 2 Lights From FOURSEVENS>>>>>>>>>>

Let me ask a question,, are they going with the XP-G Gen2 over the XM-L because the XP-G series has more throw?

Bwolcott

Enlightened

thanks for taking time out of your day to share with us your thoughts.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened

Let me ask a question,, are they going with the XP-G Gen2 over the XM-L because the XP-G series has more throw?

They'll still have the XM-L lights. The XP-G2 versions will replace the XP-G models as far as I understand. The XP-G2 has improved throw and a bit more output than the original XP-G.

Snareman

Enlightened

I think I like the deeper blue color better if I was going to pick one. Also, 20% isn't that impressive of an increase in output as your eye can't see 20%. It needs about 40% increase in brightness to tell a difference.

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

I think I like the deeper blue color better if I was going to pick one. Also, 20% isn't that impressive of an increase in output as your eye can't see 20%. It needs about 40% increase in brightness to tell a difference.

Trust me, if youve got them to compare it is definately a noticable increase.

Snareman

Enlightened

Trust me, if youve got them to compare it is definately a noticable increase.

Ok, I believe you if you've seen it. I was just made to believe/understand (according to Henry) that it took a 41% increase to notice the difference. I know I couldn't tell a difference between my 90 and 110lm Surefire Backup back when I had them both.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rolex:

If you'd like your review posted to the reviews section, I suggest that you put the text in the OP.

Using a link to drive up traffic to your own site is kinda uncool... Opposed to the almost 8000k looking gunk coming out the front of that XP-G2.

I own a couple of Quark lights, and they've all had the emitters replaced. I think ma_sha1's on the money :)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of course OP has to throw superlatives all over the xpg2 quarks in question here. "impressive 20%" are the staple of these kinds of "reviews"

what am i saying? this is the modus operandi of most manufacturers. to hand out free products in exchange for favorable reviews. hand out enough of them and you've just spammed google search results with "reviews" extolling the virtues of the said products

Ezeriel

Enlightened

Ya know... I just bite my tongue most of the time but...

Why would anybody buy anything from foursevens?!?!? blue-tinted, preflashing, overpriced.... yeap deuap yeuap...

bite my tongue.. bite my tongue....

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ya know... I just bite my tongue most of the time but...

Why would anybody buy anything from foursevens?!?!? blue-tinted, preflashing, overpriced.... yeap deuap yeuap...

bite my tongue.. bite my tongue....

LOL. foursevens are great lights, i purchased thirteen, yes 13, so far. none of them had a hideous tint, in fact the XMLs all had a very nice creamy white. we'll see what the real deal is with the G2's when someone more reputable comes in to report

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about because no one else can manage to make anything as good for my needs - long long runtime low lumen modes in a AA/14500?

Yeah I also have a Zebralight but it doesn't take 14500s, is already a throw-away if it stops working (out of warranty), and it's 172 lms Max is not even as bright as my 107 lms Quark on High.

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened

In the case of the P2, I could tell a noticeable difference at the high end comparing it to last year's version.

CampingMaster

Newly Enlightened

Also, 20% isn't that impressive of an increase in output as your eye can't see 20%. It needs about 40% increase in brightness to tell a difference.

I received a FOURSEVENS QP2L-X few days ago...

I compared it with my Quark X 123² which is the same flashlight except for the logo...

And wath ?

The difference between these two flashlights is amazing!

If we can tell the difference only with more than 41% in brightness I can tell you something the difference between these two flashlights is astonishing, unbelievable!!!

The spill is larger with the QPL-X with no, but no "very light brown tint" in the middle, absolutely nothing only whiteness.

Examining carefully the LED and the texture of the reflector, the LED is exactly the same but the reflector seem to have lightly more OP in it.

I have always been satisfied with my Quark 123² XP-G R5 and 123² XM-L T6 but now the QPL-X (XM-LT6) it is a real dream come true : the smallest and brightest two CR123A flashlight ever seen, the best EDC flashlight ever made.

And with how many flashlights you can do this, a free headlamp with a free baseball cap? (see picture)

IMG_0114.jpg
[/IMG]

Resized0298_1.jpg

Ultimate CampingMaster

Last edited:

Latest posts