Rexlight

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Re: Chinese Cree XR-E AA Clickie...Quickbeam to Review

Are there any specs or pictures of the Jetbeam Mk2 ???

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure this means that kaidomain subscribers have first shot over non-subscribers. I'd expect our orders will be released at the same timeas theirs. They'll likely have their stock 3-7 days before we do simply because Kai is local and we have to air freight them in.

grapplex said:
And finally I'm wondering if this meant kaidomain email subscribers or rexlight which could include dealextreme...also MattK is expecting some too. Is he going to have to wait? does he know this?

adnj

Enlightened

grapplex said:
Additionally: Does Quickbeam have a version of this light to test? Is there a plan to get him one BEFORE we are asked to make the purchase decision? Are you that confident? Do you expect to be? Now that the Jetbeam and Fenix are real lights, I don't expect to order til each has been reviewed, including the rexlight. I encourage my fellow CPFers to wait the few days to do so. Don't let them emergency hustle you to order before the facts are in when it will only take a few days to get those facts.

For $30 delivered, I'm not going to worry too much. We aren't looking at the next version of the U2. I'm assume that these guys have been playing with this light for a long time and are just trying to keep quality control targets and handle shipping issues.

And Grapplex, why do you have four posts back to back? I think about half of all your posts are in this thread! :lolsign:

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

adnj said:
And Grapplex, why do you have four posts back to back? I think about half of all your posts are in this thread! :lolsign:

I was wondering the same thing. Having a conversation with yourself kinda sux. :huh:

grapplex

Newly Enlightened

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened

grapplex said:
My posts have a specific and directed audience. i dont need them to post back in this thread...

The Chinese already have too many of our Dollah's. Have them earn the next ones...

If I hadn't just plain written off Fenix lights (especially the P!D CE)...

I put it at 50/50 right now after seeing the CL-E reviews...

I also tend to take myself very, very seriously

Irrespective of the "directed audience," "the Chinese" are putting out good product at reasonable prices. By definition, the money is being earned. What's funny is that the lights we run after have decidely non-Chinese LEDs. Have you ever dropped a HDS EDC? It hurts. A $30 light won't matter much.

FLR consistently rates the Fenix lights as 5-star. Is that true of the other lights that you picked?

The Jetbeam CL-E is about $40 delivered. I doubt that it will have 30% incremental performance.

As for taking one's self "very, very seriously," :dedhorse:

Move my post counter up by one more so that I can keep up!!

martytoo

Newly Enlightened

grapplex said:
And why wouldn't I want to have a conversation with myself. I'm the smartest, cleverest, funniest person I know. I have all the right beliefs i'd want from a conversation partner, i see things all the right ways. I'm like twins....HAHAHAHAHAHA I also tend to take myself very, very seriously hahahahahaha

Napolean the Fifteenth?
rolleye11.gif

http://www.oldies.com/artist-view/Napoleon-XIV.html

grapplex

Newly Enlightened

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened

grapplex said:
Fenix arrogance and exploitative pricing, jetbeams delivery time clusterbang, rexlight's failure to prove bubkiss so far... In fact I'm defending in advance of what i fear are rexlight performance overpromises and kai's price suprises.

But by all means bow to anyone who wins your money. I won't be there beside you if i already paid.

Also, it really is time for quickbeam to add a sixth and seventh star. the P1D CE might deserve 6 stars, and there are some seven or even eight star lights coming down the pike in the next two months and maybe 9 star lights when Philips slaps back. The rexlight might be a 6 star light but stars/dollar the Cl-E and the Rexlight might be good temporary best values..only to be exceeded by summer.....

Fenix charged $20 extra and got their light out to the public quickly and with a new current-controlled regulation circuit. The competition was over $100 for the custom lights and they charged a premium also.

Exercise your right to vote with your dollar. Buy if you like it and keep your Visa in your pocket if you don't.

6th or 7th star is just a crock of crap!!! FLR just normalized their ratings. Doug did an excellent job of explaining that you can't have a relative ratings system that isn't on a forced-normal curve.

Who cares what the flashlight du jour is? Buy what you like and enjoy it - or not. That's what this hobby is all about.

Pardon me as I step down from the soapbox.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast

grapplex said:
<snip>Also, it really is time for quickbeam to add a sixth and seventh star. the P1D CE might deserve 6 stars, and there are some seven or even eight star lights coming down the pike in the next two months and maybe 9 star lights when Philips slaps back. The rexlight might be a 6 star light but stars/dollar the Cl-E and the Rexlight might be good temporary best values..only to be exceeded by summer.....

Now you're trying to tell Doug how to do his job? Hmmmm......:huh:

grapplex

Newly Enlightened

Last edited:

zzz

Newly Enlightened

木楼

lightbug

Enlightened

To Perfectionist:

JET-I MK.II X
150 Lumens
1AA
HA3
Orange peel textured reflector
Vin= 0.7V-4.2V
General mode: primary =>low=>high=>strobe
Turbo mode: 100% brightness =>adjustable strobe from 5Hz to 12 Hz
Clicky switch
Weight: 40g without battery
Water-resistant: 10m in the water
size: Length = 90mm, Width of head = 19.5mm, Width of tail= 18mm
Price in China: 400 RMB = ~$52 USD

Optional: 2-AA Extension Tube and CR123A battery tube

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened

grapplex said:
Yeah that's what I did. You'd have to start off in a defensive place to read that particular thing into what i said. quickbeam is a big boy. I'm sure he can ignore me without your help.

And as far as normailizing ratings...well that was pre-XR-E . It's either renorm or add stars, otherwise the original P1 and the upcoming Jetbeam MkII Cree remain in the same category. Maybe that was unfortunate timing, maybe its time to normalize them again. I guess you could just stuff all the upcoming lights into the five star category. Who want to buy an L1T or the old P1? As quickbeam retires his star rating system will decay in usefulness unless he wants to renorm the hundreds every six months. Which I doubt. I have nothing but admiration for his devotion. I'm sure he can handle a rational argument on the stars thing and doesn't need to be defended. The norming/extending thing isn't rocket science. Requires no emotion at all really. Really.

This was no rational argument. A rational statement would have been, "Due to technological advances a more flexible rating system may be in order."

The fortunate part is that there is one; everyone who is in the forum is possibly bright enough :grin2: to understand that all of the lights can be ranked. Maybe Doug's website code reads the rankings and adds stars.

I keep seeing a lot of sarcasm. Not a pretty sight.

grapplex

Newly Enlightened

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stop it...

Keep to thread, it is very boring and annoying to read all these personal attacks.

Stick to facts on torch pls.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Enough. No more B.S. in this thread.

Those involved in this ego-driven pissing match can take it somewhere else.

It seems there's more and more of this type of behavior occuring, and it's going to stop.

***Thread re-opened***
One member was banned for ten days, due to baiting, and flaming.

-dan

Last edited:

mchlwise

Enlightened

So... if I'm reading all of this correctly...

You use the light for more than 5 seconds on any particular level and the light will turn back on in that level correct?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I see the benefit: If you like a certain level, it always comes on at that level, and the light becomes a simple on/off clicky - no fuss no muss.

But I also see the negative: You have to remember what level you left it in. If I'm using the light frequently at different levels for different tasks, and then throw it in my pocket on the way to the theater - I don't know what level the light was last in, and if I'm going to blast everybody around me trying to look at my program, and subsequently annoy them going through mode after mode till I get to low.

I really like that with the L1DCE you can just twist slightly verifying that the head's not tight, and you know the light will come on at low.

:candle:

adnj

Enlightened

Still waiting for the email to come saying that it's ready to ship... :)