River Rock AA 1 Watt LED Runtime Test.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
I really like this light, and am thinking about getting a some AW 14500(s) for it. I wonder if RR is going to ever update it? This has been my most favored light, which I realized recently when I thought I lost it. Luckily it was only misplaced, and quickly found.

I emailed River Rock about a possible 1xAA update. Here is their response:
"... We do have plans to update the 1AA light most likely to a brighter Cree LED. We will also
change the look just a bit to freshen it up a bit. Everything should be completed and in Target stores later this summer. ..."

Last edited:

damn_hammer

Enlightened
Received my 14500(s) today. Only took about 20m in the charger before they green lighted, and wow ... way more bright in the RR than an L91, or alkaline AA. Waiting on my ZebraLight H501 now to see what it'll do for it. Still would like to see an updated RiverRock AA come out, but in no hurry.

device manager

Newly Enlightened
This RR flashlight was on clearance at my local Target for $6.07, so I took a gamble and bought the last one which was in the original unopened packaging. I needed a pocket light since I have three Coleman Max 2AA units already. The RR does output a slight bluish tint compared to the Coleman, but in all honesty I was impressed w/ the light output for a Luxeon using a single AA. I have no trouble pressing the power switch with my thumb. I'll look into getting some 14500 batteries.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
This was one of my first LED flashlights that I bought out of impulse. I liked for a bit but then got my Fenix L2D-CE and quickly forgot about it. Now long ago I took an interest in it again because of its size and also because its one of the few single AA lights that I have.
I was not aware that you could use 14500 batteries in it but now I just tried and I like the way it turned out, Now I'm thinking about swapping the emitter with a newer one and see how that turns out.

Latest posts