Rogue Flashlights by ICON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I guess I'm the first US member to get one, look for a possible pass-around in the future for the US etc. etc.

Went for the grey, hopefully it's legit I have good luck with international shipping so I will expect it within a couple of weeks.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well, my impatience and greed has got the better of me. One Green 1AA ICON on it's way to London UK - despatch notice from HK this morning. I have bought stuff from them before. They have always been very reliable in the past, lots of torches I have recieved from them.

Greenie on its way!!!!!!

...ahem....

I think tonight I'll brush all of my teeth...(Woody Allen)

Kiessling - which will get his first??

By the way, I hope your Euro bought this torch cheaper than my British Pound did!!!

Be lucky....

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Well ... my Euro bought it at $69,99 or so :D

And of course you'll get yours first since mine will be stuck in customs :green:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, my pound buys less of everything this week!

Great time to buy stuff from the UK everybody!

I wonder if anybody will bring out a recession proof flashlight?

UK customs have (thus far) seemed fairly uninterested in my flashlights from overseas, so I imagine they don't hold them for too long. Of course, I have never bought one this green and shiny before, or with as big a flange!

Be lucky...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The 1 AA looks like a good light to give a kid. As long as they're old enough to not just shine it in their eyes or chew on it!

Who wants to mod the first one? :laughing: A Q3 5A and some tritium maybe? Hey! I know, a Ti clone!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I don't like it the way it is, you can bet I'm gonna mod that sucker. MC-E or P7 with a flupic and some type of burst say 700 lumens from 1 AA for burst mode. :p

WDR65

Enlightened
I just found them on Brightguy, available for $37.99 after Feb. 1st. At that price I might have to try one out and see what they're like. I'm curious and I like the green color but we'll have to see.

edc3

Enlightened
At that price I think I'm in for a gray one. There's more info about the UI on Brightguy:

Switching of Icon Rogue 1 LED Flashlight:

Constant-on high-output beam - fully depress the tailcap pushbutton switch until it clicks on.
Constant-on low-output beam - first click the tailcap pushbutton switch to constant-on
high-output - or momentary on high-output. From this position, click the Rogue 1 off and back on again
within two seconds.
Momentary-on high-output beam - partially depress the tailcap pushbutton switch.
Momentary-on low-output beam - first partially depress the tailcap switch for momentary-on
high-output beam. From this position, release the pushbutton switch, returning the Rogue 1
to the off position, and then partially depress the switch again within two seconds.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
$37.99? :huh: :eek:oo:

And the early adopters pay the price again ... :crackup:

I guess customs addsd one or two weeks to the shipping time in Germany. It is not that they'd hold it for inspection ... they want money :green:

bernie

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:crackup:

Damn...i could have gotten 3 for the price i payed for my 2 Icon Rogue 1`s.

Caught in Customs?

That bites..
I always have the dealers price my packages below the Normal ;)
Like $15 or $25...
Afterall no flashlights costs more than that unless theire made of gold right :D.
Works every time and makes the package less prone to theft.

WDR65

Enlightened
Sorry to hurt everyone's feelings. It just caught my eye as I browsing Brightguy's site and I had seen what Bernie has payed for it, so I was suprised by the difference. Whoop, lol.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Icon Flashlight by Surefire

Yes, PK is a VP at SureFire.
ICON is a new venture for SureFire.

I think that this is a smart move from PK. He has been to many shot shows and the parties that have all the flashlight freaks. :) All I can say is that he is a shrewd businessman and sees a niche that can be filled with this new line, that and the fact that he created it is enough to make it sell well.

It would be like, if Picasso made a flashlight!:D

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
It makes perfectly good (i.e. SMART-) business sense for Surefire to begin tapping into the market that is gobbling up a gazillion Chinese-made (some excellent quality!) flashlights. Keep the Surefire thing going as strongly as possible and add brands and models to compete in other market segments. In time, Surefire's revenues from such products may quickly far outpace revenues from Surefire-brand products. Then Surefire will reap the benefits of numerous markets.

Many of us here on this forum who own Surefires ALSO buy Chinese-made flashlights and love them.

Some of the finest high tech products in the world marketplace today are manufactured in China.... you may well be surprised by the brand names... Apple and NAD, just to name two high-end, innovative, quality product lines.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they had the other version on brightguy as well!

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for the price of .39USD I will get one as well,I reckon they look pretty well made,although I would have liked some beads on those rails as a kinda stress reliever or mini abacus would be cool :devil: