sad day

udaman

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
lol dont be sad verbie thatslife. im ok i think im a better person cause a my life i had

[/ QUOTE ]

No Raggie33, many of us do not know that your mother has cancer, at least I did not know.

Hey, Rag's....2:40AM on the westcoast; just finished (not paying much attention to time or anything else) an entire bottle of Woodenhead 2001 Zinfandel that I bought a whole case of, from Big Lots at $2.99/btl; after I was looking for those flexible hard straw cups things (I've never actually been into Big Lot's before, and this must be a hallucination as Woodenhead 2002 Zinfandel costs about $35-40 in the high-end wine shops around here); because this past week my mother could not chew anything due to the recently diagnosed cancer under her tongue. Hehe, Rags, I'm taller and a few pounds heavier than you, and a 2 decade wine connoisseur; you can't keep up with me on the wine or for that matter, the habañero chilies (Chiltecpin peppers rock!).

Lol, my mother is battling cancer for the 2nd time. In ICU currently, no beds available for transfer the day after her surgery. According to my father, as before when she had her right lung removed, the potent narcotics are disorientating her (last time on 100 times more potent than morphine, the semi-synthetic narcotic Fentadyl had her suffering from paranoid hallucinations, such that she called me on her cell phone and asked me to 'come home'; because she thought no one on the ICU staff would come to her room when she was suffering pain) again, but not so bad this time; though the lady in the room next to her is yelling and completely out of her mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Tumor removed from under her tongue, laryngeal nerve had to be cut because the tumor was right in the middle of that, but other than that she will recover so that next week it's back to the chemo/radiation therapy routine she despises from 2001 from her lung cancer episode.

Cancer is tough Rags, but one thing you must remember; you should never feel bad about the fact that you think your mother does not like you because you remind her of her husband. You were always 1st her child, don't forget that. No matter what the problems you two face, I'm sure if she loved you as a child, she knows in her heart that part of you, is of course part of her; not all of you is represented in her eyes as your father. Another thing Rags, let's not blame your mother 100% for her own mental illness, as a cause for whatever you go through. Remember that 1/2 of your blood comes from your father, and if blame is to be made, he also 50%, has a part in any sort of 'mental illness' you suffer from.

Rags, even if you thinks she resents you, even if you think she thinks you remind her of the man she divorced; she's still the only mother you have. Tell her she is part of who you are (and not that she is responsible for any mental illness; again, your father's blood is in you also, so you could blame him too!); and that you want to see her, that she means something to you. Years later Rags, even if she doesn't understand now, at least you tried to let her know that you love her, that she's apart of you; just as much as your father is.

I am reminded of my own mother, when i see Billy Crystal at this year's Oscar show. So much laughter, the best host for the Oscars show ever, IMHO. But Barbara Walters interviewed him this year as he returned to duties as an Oscar host. Babwaaah Waaaahters, asked Billy about the death of his mother 2 years ago, and you could see immediate tears start to well up in his eyes as he said to Baawwwbara, that his wife told him not to get emotional about his mother in this interview. But Billy could not help himself. She raised him from when he was very young all by herself, she was his role model, his icon, his very good friend for his whole life. And when she died, this pillar, this rock of stability of his whole life was gone. Billy admitted that he went into deep depression about life in general at the passing of his mother, but that the birth of his grandchildren from his daughter gave him some reason to not be so bleak about live on earth. His mother is gone, but life goes on, through his grand children. Billy cannot replace his mother, any more than you or I can replace our mothers. But we all have a limited time on this earth, so cherish and make the best of the time you have with your loved ones, as strained as those relationships are at present...you get no 2nd chances in life, do not miss opportunities for today, that you will regret tomorrow and the rest of your life.

I repeat Raggie33, see your mother while you can, and don't be so discouraged at the way she may seem to see you. You are not 100% a clone of your father, your mother is a part of who you are. Perhaps as the years go by, you may come to realize, and be surprised; that she may be the better part of the person you become!

Sorry about the rant.... *snifff*

Never give up hope, keep a strong mind, keep the faith.

Record 6 time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong, but all rights should be dead by now, given that advanced stage of his testicular cancer, that he ignored/denied until it almost killed him.

http://tourofhope.com/lance/index.htm

Kristen Adelman, 3 time cancer victim

Tour de Hope ends today October 9th

http://www.tourofhope.org/toh/dc_ride_finale.htm

Funny though, my mother's oncologist had her office, in 2001, in the same building that this year's Tour de Hope started from in Los Angeles (actually in West Los Angeles, at the City of Hope building in Wilshire Blvd, where I took my mother for 10 weekly 3hr IV drip sessions of chemo drugs that made her nauseated for 10 weeks straight as I watched her lose 2 pounds per week, all the while constantly acting as her 'cancer coach' and inspiration...kind of like Lance Armstrong, and getting her to do 10-20 minutes of recumbent cycling machine very low intensity exercise to keep her strength good enough to survive major surgery 3 months later, removal of her entire right lung).

I'm a fighter, "It ain't over, until the fat lady sings" as we say in American baseball tradition. "That's Life!" ? Raggie33, life is what you make of it, never give up or concede anything merely with the attitude of "that's life!"

Hehe, Raggie33; that hottie Cajunbabe could be awake by the time I finished this post, started at 1:30AM...um, I think it was 1:30AM, and as I hit the preview button for the 6th time LOL, it's now 3:20AM(changed that about a dozen times from 2AM on...). Guess we have all seen better days, but heck we are alive correct? Maybe we should celebrate that fact, once in a while???

Hehe, tomorrow I'm going to have a bit of a hangover, and wonder WTF I was trying to BS all of you about!

OK, lets get back to the Cafe hot-babes thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (not withstanding that Jessica Alba is the Gaaaaaaawdess Supreme!)

How's about this Cambodian hottie that probably would have never been born in the days of the civil war that killed 1-2mil people in the mid-70's after the USA abandoned Vietnam in 1973.

Just curious Raggie33, while my mother could probably use a few tokes of some potent weed for her nausea (prescription anti-emetic drug Zofran at $50 per pill for 9 pills per week , cost just as much as super potent illegal marijuana, LOL, and it doesn't work very well, and unlike super potent MJ, it doesn't cause euphoria or increase appetite). Trust me, for the same price of Zofram of $50 per pill for 9 doses per week, that's $450! For that same $450 I can get her a lot of potent sativa that will have her mildly euphoric instead of depressed, and will help with the pain and cause her appetite to increase. If you ask me, it's obscene that anti-emetic drugs don't work as well as potent MJ, but they cost just as much and are legal. When does the insanity stop?

Pray for cancer cures in the next 50 years.

Funny, I know the owner of a Beverly Hills retail gourmet food store, that is originally from New Orleans (actor John Larroquette is a N.O. friend of his from many decades ago); and while he has a few bottles of illegal 'moonshine' of which I have 'tasted'; a few bottles of wine is all I can handle; high octane hard liquor does not mix well with my stomach or any other part of my body, LOL.

There will always be sad days Raggie, it is a part of life; but we must focus and try to improve on the happy days that we all have a limited time to experience.

Peace

raggie33

*the raggedier*
udaman im sorry about ya mom udaman .and thank you for the kind words.cancer is a horible thing .i hope ya hang over isnt bad. peace eddie

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I'm sure that deep down in her heart she loves you. She might not be able to express it well because of her ilness, but just remember that it's the illness talking and not her.

You and your mom are in my thoughts also.
peace and light,
pw
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
As 14C said, maby your mother feels guilty because she thinks that she gave you the same illness she has and feels like crap everytime she sees you because it remindes her of how much suffering you must be going through. She loves you and it probably just hurts too much for her to express herself in ways that you or most other people can understand. Just one of the many possabilities...