Samsung 25R 18650 WILL THEY WORK??

ven

Flashaholic
Could it be the springs have come a little compressed and the shorter cells not making contact very well(somewhere).

Do you have a run time kit you could try a different carrier?

Milw light

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned, the Panasonics are up against the wall at 6.8 amps for your light. Orbtronic makes a protected high drain with high capacity & will dump 10 amps continuous....they aren't cheap & you need 6 & you need to see if they will fit. A DMM would be advisable. Good quality IMR INR would work great as was also mentioned, if you are carefull.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Could it be the springs have come a little compressed and the shorter cells not making contact very well(somewhere).

No I haven't. Felt and looked like they made good contact.

ven

Flashaholic
odd one kj2:thinking: i have a feeling its some kind of contact fault, longer cells compressing springs more and works. I have been usuing samsung 30Q's in mine(so similar size to 25R's). These have been used in standard carriers without vinhs carrier mod which makes the spring contacts more stiff).

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened
I wish I knew has much has you guys do about batteries and all the smart talk lol... Is there like a chart / graph that might help dumb some of the talk that goes over my head down a little???

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I knew has much has you guys do about batteries and all the smart talk lol... Is there like a chart / graph that might help dumb some of the talk that goes over my head down a little???

Hang out on the Battery/Electronics forum.

I enjoy 'battery/cell talk' more than the lights themselves.

Only one way to learn and that's to read a lot and ask questions.

Baby steps.

Go to HKJ's site:

http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers UK.html

You can read about how he tests batteries, cells and chargers, as well as AC adapters and power banks.

You can click on a specific battery/cell section, go to the 'comparator,' select two choices, click off the current drains that he tests them at and which mimic your device in question and then oogle at and study the results.

Rinse and repeat.

If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent reading there alone, I'd have a lot of money for a new monster light!

Chris

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened
What are you not sure on dmoss ? All here to learn :)

just simple stuff I just order the X60M and have learned some but talk like Amps, high drain, protect, unprotected, mAh to amps, ect.... It's all confusing

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

Baby steps.

Go to HKJ's site:

You can read about how he tests batteries, cells and chargers, as well as AC adapters and power banks.

You can click on a specific battery/cell section, go to the 'comparator,' select two choices, click off the current drains that he tests them at and which mimic your device in question and then oogle at and study the results.

Rinse and repeat.

If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent reading there alone, I'd have a lot of money for a new monster light!

Chris
+1

I enjoy learning about battery technology and the development of the new electronic archetecture even more than flashlights.

HKJ's site: http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexB...gers UK.html is where I spend much of my time learning about batteries.

ChrisGarett also mentions in a post above the very places where I purchase my batteries. :thumbsup:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1

I have begun using unprotected flat top batteries in my lights with removable battery carriers. They make changing batteries far easier than the oversized protected batteries.

My current understanding of lithium ion batteries makes this practice as safe if not safer than depending on a product that claims to protect me from risk.

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened

Baby steps.

Go to HKJ's site:

Rinse and repeat.

Chris

Where is the Battery/Electronics forum? I couldn't find in on the main page