Shotgun light recommendations?

wheelguy

Newly Enlightened
Looks like he went with the standard components method on that one. Weapon light (with remote switch) mounted to a side rail.

The side rail photo with the light mounted shows the total thickness to be over 3 inches - much too fat for my application. I thought it would be, but the pic in the above post proves it. And, of course, going with a rail mountable light means he's missing many cool features that are readily available in 1" and smaller lights. Add to that - he can't remove his light by hand for off-weapon problem solving. All in all, a good example of the problems I'm trying to avoid :xyxgun:

Received all the parts, light mount tube is bolted solid - just waiting for the Streamlight PT-2L and laser now :whistle:

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
That should really help people offer solutions.

Have you discounted SureFire's model 636FA shotgun forend WeaponLight?
They'll shortly be releasing their LM2 replacement LED Lamp Module for it to give you 200 lumens (same as LX2 in high output and beam). At which time you can replace the incandescent L60 Lamp Module with the LM2...

I will add this to my shotgun as soon as it is out!

For me...Surefire all the way for something like this for a weapon.

So I vote: Surefire

zen314

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire 636 forend light on my Winchester 1300 and am looking to install a drop-in. Does anybody know if someone makes one with only 2 modes (high and strobe) as this will be a home defense shotty?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Surefire 636 forend light on my Winchester 1300 and am looking to install a drop-in. Does anybody know if someone makes one with only 2 modes (high and strobe) as this will be a home defense shotty?

:welcome:

I'm not sure how your question is related to this 7 year old thread, but that light seems to use the P60 lamp assembly.

One option is the PFlexPro P60 drop-in. Two of the program options are 100% Output - Strobe, and Strobe - 100% Output, with no mode memory.

Another option is a Vinh drop-in that has the DriverVN2,3, or 4. It also has the option for 100% - Strobe and Strobe - 100%.

I've abused both a PFlexPro and a Vinh drop-in on a 12 gauge, and they didn't mind it at all.

Last edited: