Should I buy a U2?

Which one?

• Surefire U2

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Fenix L2D CE

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters

Enlightened
Not only that, if you put features, function and quality aside, look at how much we are paying for a tiny piece of aluminum! But anyway back to the topic at hand.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for the L2DCE but I really wouldn't classify these two lights in the same catagory. They are very different in terms of size and overall performance.

I recomend the Huntlight FT-01 Cree. It is very similar to the U2 in terms of all the levels of output and in terms of size. To be honest with you it is a U2 killer and pretty much destroys the U2 in all aspects as far as performance goes. It is WAY brighter than the U2 on high, yet still runs for over 30 minutes longer on a set of primary cells. It also has a larger tube so that it can run on a single 18650 cell for very long (but unregulated) runtime. It also runs for 22 hours on low which is around 15 lumens on two primary cells.

Many people will suggest the U2 to you, but mainly because they have one and spent hundreds on it two+ years ago and refuse to accept that it has been surpassed by new high performance lights which cost less than half of it. The U2 was a completely revolutionary light and was way ahead of its time, but there are many other lights on the market which blow it away (FT-01 Cree, Lumapower M1,L2DCE).

sierracharlie

Newly Enlightened
U2. Made in USA. I might wait for the new version Surefires to compare. U2 is a couple years old by now. One thing to note: If you have all the others, like most of us, the U2 is redundant. My U2 has kept me from buying the L4 and L2, but I get tempted all the time. I have the L1. A2 is still my favorite, though.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mactrix, welcome to CPF. Get the Surefire U2. Quality will out in the end. The warranty is one of the best in the industry. There is a reason it costs more than the other brands. You get what you pay for.

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
Size15's said:
How are you intending to use and/or carry this flashlight?
Mactrix: It would help if you answer this simple question. Then people would have a better chance of naming the right light for you, as opposing to naming their own favorite. Also, have you read the reviews of the lights at http://www.flashlightreviews.com/ and http://www.ledmuseum.org/?

Welcome to CPF.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts