Should I go Pro? Eneloop.

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
This sounds similar to my case. While my cells were Duracell ion core. i am pretty sure they're Eneloop pros under the wrapper. I think i am starting to understand the 2 version of Eneloops now. The high caps is meant to have the longest run time. BUT, are charged less often. Basically, make those 250-500 cycles count. Don't treat em like the standard Eneloops.

are you both using AAA Eneloop Pros, or AA and AAA Eneloop Pros?

also are these more wider than eneloop pro, I had so many problems getting batteries into my friends ea4. These were slim enough.

Last edited:

MarioJP

Enlightened
are you both using AAA Eneloop Pros, or AA and AAA Eneloop Pros?

also are these more wider than eneloop pro, I had so many problems getting batteries into my friends ea4. These were slim enough.

was using AA's pros. Now just using AA's AAA's standard. They seem to deliver high amps and hardly any voltage sag than the pros in the LONG TERM. The pros they start off great. But rapidly declines after 30 cycles or so. All i know is that the standard Eneloops outlasted the pros and and they are currently being put to good use and still kicking. Isn't that the whole point of "rechargeability"?

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
was using AA's pros. Now just using AA's AAA's standard. They seem to deliver high amps and hardly any voltage sag than the pros in the LONG TERM. The pros they start off great. But rapidly declines after 30 cycles or so. All i know is that the standard Eneloops outlasted the pros and and they are currently being put to good use and still kicking. Isn't that the whole point of "rechargeability"?

Ps thank you for the link, i may try these in my flashlight. I don't keep it for emergencies.
Yes rechargability is the purpose of them.

30 is terrible, you have the right to take them back for a refund.

How fast was the charger? Mah and time to charge
How low were the batteries discharged to? Volts

Maybe this data can help back you up, when obtaining a refund.

If it's rechargeable and emergency, then emergencies that happen very very rarely, using the low self discharge is better.

NiMh
They will not leak like a alkaline, in the flashlight

Low Self Discharge Eneloop
New batteries.
Will last upto 3 years still holding 60-65% charge.

In an emergency with no electricity to recharge, 3 years waiting for use is very useful.

Last edited:

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I feel about fifty-fifty on the pros. I ordered a 4 pack of AAA for $13.49. Dont really need them. But curious to try them.

MarioJP

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I feel about fifty-fifty on the pros. I ordered a 4 pack of AAA for $13.49. Dont really need them. But curious to try them.
I mean it varies on usage. I have a bluetooth radio that really drains. Here i thought these eneloops pros will do the trick. Results are yes and no. In the beginning it did last , but eneloops pro just couldn't handle at the end. The regular Eneloops not only outlasted the pros. They seem to keeps on lasting. Maybe i could of have a bad batch. Who knows.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great price! My 8-pack cost me $41 on Amazon :'( Probably this is why their ~9 months/50 charges of life put a worse taste in my mouth. I might consider using Pros again if the light had a NiMh low voltage cut off around 1.05V, and I a owned charger that didn't sear them before the charge completed.

MarioJP

Enlightened
Great price! My 8-pack cost me $41 on Amazon :'( Probably this is why their ~9 months/50 charges of life put a worse taste in my mouth. I might consider using Pros again if the light had a NiMh low voltage cut off around 1.05V, and I a owned charger that didn't sear them before the charge completed.
40 for 8 just so you can have 550mAh more is a thumbs down. I guess the only way to really get 5 years out of them is not use them as much. What i don't underatand is tests shows that the pros shows remarkable performance and runtime. But when it comes to their cell life. It fails in real world use. And to pay 40 bucks. Thats just crazy. You better off having spares of regular eneloops than high cap cells

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened

It seems like they may have come down in price. Possibly due to poor performance. Here is an Amazon link for 8 for $22. I paid the $13.49 on Ebay for 4, with free shipping. Ebay has similar pricing as Amazon for 4 or 8.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSL0K/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
I like this thread, I now know of a alternative nicely tested battery, EBL, that's cheap for my non emergency flashlight. So I am very thankful to the guidance on those batteries.

i found this good info of Eneloop vs Eneloop pro
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3L93D...detail-glance&nodeID=172282&store=electronics

Are there fake batteries going around? Buy from Amazon itself not private sellers if that's the case, that goes for all eneloops
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/R213G65U71/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer thread lol

Hey! The Energizer 2300mAh AAs are pretty good cells. LSD and they perform well. I've got less time with their 850mAh AAAs, but the ones I had years back, lasted a good while.

I'm a fan.

Don't know if they're FDK batteries, but they're now slouch. I'm running two quads of AAs and they keep on a truckin' after 4-5 years.

Chris

FireWire

Newly Enlightened
FDK?

what mah do you charge them at, and how long does it take to charge them?

that maybe helping the batteries last even more ..

MarioJP

Enlightened
Hey! The Energizer 2300mAh AAs are pretty good cells. LSD and they perform well. I've got less time with their 850mAh AAAs, but the ones I had years back, lasted a good while.

I'm a fan.

Don't know if they're FDK batteries, but they're now slouch. I'm running two quads of AAs and they keep on a truckin' after 4-5 years.

Chris
I remember the Energizers with the 15min energizer charger back in those days 😁

fnsooner

Enlightened
Well, someone needs to take a stand. Eneloop Pros are fragile and not worth the considerable extra money for a negligible increase in capacity and a massively decreased cell life. I think I got maybe 50 recharges out of the 8 AAAs I own before they all exhibited the symptoms of increased resistance: dim lights. I take full responsibility for the damage incurred by my Eneloop Pros, basically my first set of rechargeables, and though I tried, could never really estimate when they'd hit the knee before dropping below 1V

Eneloops, OTOH, take the abuse, and still pump out the same expected capacity and voltage under load, keeping your lights bright well beyond 500 and 1000 charges.
This.

Latest posts