Shouldn't Lumens Factory Have a Turbo Head?

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
Wow, haven't been in here for a while and now this project is going ahead. Sounds like it is going to be great. Any chance of doing natural HA to match (well better than black anyway, you know what I mean) SF M-series lights? I would think most of these will live on SF bodies, I can live with colour variations, black would stick out.

Cheers,
Nova

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, nat HA would be my preference as well. I would think most of these heads would go on nat HA bodies. I don't think there even is any M series lights in black, except for the occasional rare black M2 weaponlight.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Wow, that is some weird prototypes from SF.

Seems you guys know what the good stuff is, natural HA cost way more to produce to be honest and the defective rate is high unlike Black HA.
That is why not many manufacturers go with natural HA anymore.
Very difficult to do natural HA in small numbers, but I'll see what I can do.

Anyways, I think I am pretty clear on what we are going for here with this project.
I still have some stuff on my hands at the moment, so maybe this project will offically start in 2013.
Not sure how much we are going to sell, so probably just gonna make maybe 100 pcs or something as appreciation to the fans that keep their filament burning. :twothumbs

Cheers,

Mark

gravelrash

Enlightened
Not sure how much we are going to sell, so probably just gonna make maybe 100 pcs or something as appreciation to the fans that keep their filament burning.Mark

I'm so glad you're a fan of the incan - keep up the good work and I'm definitely interested in what you're going to produce.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I'm so glad you're a fan of the incan - keep up the good work and I'm definitely interested in what you're going to produce.

I'd like to mention this too! I'm very grateful for the continued incan bulb support!

Just last week I received the HO-M6R and I think it's my favourite bulb alongside the MN61 and MN21! Brightness of spill is outstanding and bright enough to light the ground ahead of my feet (especially in rough terrain) so I don't need to destroy my night vision with the hotspot. Very useful outdoors where I regularly walk on uneven grounds! Great stuff!

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thanks guys,

I have always been an Incan fan, my family have been producing miniature/subminiature lamp business for 3 generations.
So it is kind of in the blood I guess. :laughing:

Well, I understand and is very clear about the decline in incandescent lighting.
But that doesn't stop us from making lamps till the end, we are lucky we produce them ourselves.

We did receive inquiries from customers about if we are going to discontinue some of the incandescent products such as the HO-A2.
I will have to say again that we will not discontinue any incandescent products and we are in full control of that because we make the lamp, not buying from someone else.
If we are still in business, then there will always be the lamps.

Almost everyone in the business has faded out their incandescent line, I hope we can stay as long as possible to provide the lamps to keep the passion going.

And to answer Justin's question:
No, we will not make Bi-Pin modules. It was mentioned long long ago when we first started, so if we were going to do it, it would have been made years ago.
Bi-Pin setup have their faults, there are risks of the lamp becoming loose and stuck inside the reflector head.
The focusing point is an issue as well, people buy different lamps from different companies like WA or Carley and the LCLs are different on each lamp. With the LCL being different, focusing is a problem.
There are also heat dissipation considerations and other factors, but those are the 2 main concerns.

We MIGHT make the Bi-Pin lamps available individually in the future, so users can use them on maybe Mag mods and other hotwire incan mods as the selection of lamps available are getting smaller and smaller.
Also, don't want much conflict with Fivemega as well as he has been producing the bi-pin modules for years.

Cheers,

Mark

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I am interested in an M series head in HA black or HA natural. Most folks will want one in HA natural since they don't have a black M6 like me :party:

scout24

Flashaholic
Very glad to hear that you will be producing lamps for a long time to come! I'll be stocking up here and there anyhow, as discretionary funds allow. I just got one of your HO-9 bulbs in a G3 that I purchased, it's great on 2x17500's... M6 on the way, so I'll probably be checking out your offerings for it. Lots of rave reviews! :)

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Thanks guys,

I have always been an Incan fan, my family have been producing miniature/subminiature lamp business for 3 generations.
So it is kind of in the blood I guess. :laughing:

Well, I understand and is very clear about the decline in incandescent lighting.
But that doesn't stop us from making lamps till the end, we are lucky we produce them ourselves.

We did receive inquiries from customers about if we are going to discontinue some of the incandescent products such as the HO-A2.
I will have to say again that we will not discontinue any incandescent products and we are in full control of that because we make the lamp, not buying from someone else.
If we are still in business, then there will always be the lamps.

Almost everyone in the business has faded out their incandescent line, I hope we can stay as long as possible to provide the lamps to keep the passion going.

It's very comforting and good information to hear this Mark! If I were you, I'd post a similar message on your product pages/website home page... If I didn't know your commitment to incans was so strong, I'd be unsure about investing or expanding any futher into incan bulbs and lights. From what I've read, SF doesn't sell their bulbs stand-alone anymore. Knowing what I know now, I'll be glad to commit more funds into replacing my SF LAs with yours, knowing that once I settle on a few favourites, replacements will be easily available! I won't be surprised if a few more people out there are like me and thought that LF will eventually or in the near future discontinue their incan bulbs like SF did and so won't commit more money into their incan line-up due to possible unavailability of replacement parts!

I'll next be trying the HO-M3, EO-M3, EO-M3T and HO-M4 as well!

:party:

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thanks guys.

And thanks for the suggestion, Fleabag.
I never think about it much, but I agree with you that letting people know that we will never fade the incan line out is a good idea.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers,

Mark

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 9 volt e-series lamps (EO-E2R & IMR-E2) are something very unique and incredibly useful that you offer since 9 volt lamps for e-series are not available from Surefire and can run on rechargeable cells as well as primaries. It is a shame Surefire never did release the E3e, (and possibly an MN04 & MN05 lamp assembly) though I know they did have a prototype version of the light.

The 3.7 volt EO-E1R 90 lumen lamp and even the lower output one you offer for the E1/E1e are both quite an upgrade over the stock MN01 lamp as well.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one wanting a MN15 replacement from LF? With Surefire phasing out their incand lamps, surely many people will be looking for a EDC-able 150-200lumen alternative to the MN15 that will give very good runtime while not needing that much output. Sorta like using the MN15 in a M6 with 9 primaries... great for walking the dog around the hood kinda thing.

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
very nice to hear that LF is going to keep incand production going...
i have too many incand lights now so glad LF is around to keep them burning

Daekar

Enlightened
I have no interest in a bi-pin module, but I will say that my poor-man's M4 powered by your 450 lumen module (2x18650) is my favorite light, and my wife's as well, despite the presence of lights like a TK41 in the house. The color is still second to none, and the beam profile is superior to that of reflectored LEDs in terms of useful light while avoiding constricted pupils. I'm not in a financial position to build another at the moment, but I had been hoping that I might be able to someday. I have to admit, I have been coveting one of your 9P-equivalent lights for a while, and a cell extender and turbohead would be part of the purchase. While I would buy the D36 turbohead if that were the only one available, a larger M4 style one would be preferable.

Mark, I'd like to thank you for continuing to make bulbs available to us. In a time when product availability is in constant flux from other vendors, I love being able to go to your site to plan lego builds and buy bulbs!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will be a great turbohead. 3" will really throw a xenon lamp out there and make it much more effective than with a D19 (E) or D26 (C) sized reflector. I used a KT turbohead once and the performance increase with distance is indisputable. Large reflectors rule.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys.

And thanks for the suggestion, Fleabag.
I never think about it much,

Kind of cutting through the B.S. here, but since this thread was started in 2009 and nothing has happened, and it has been good advertising for Lumens Factory, I've kind of given up hope so far as to this actually happening, since I've had a lot of experience with this type of stuff before. Call me crazy, but when nothing happened after a year I was already there. Can you give us any status updates or pictures of progress or should we just drop this as a pipe dream that's NEVER going to happen. I'm not going to bump this thread anymore until something actually happens.

It has been over three years.

Last edited: