• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
All P60vn Mules will benefit from LilV custom extra copper hardware.
Quad Mules are much cheaper than LilV and with LEDs near the center there are less output lost. Heat should be much less too. :)

qn5H1Mo.jpg

CLB

Newly Enlightened
Do you guys want trits slots in the rear? If not we can eliminate that raised portion to make the light overall a little shorter.
The SLN, as it stands, is austerely beautiful, and all business. There is no extraneous machining, not even knurling. Jony Ive would love it. The twisty tailcap is intended to be even more rugged than the clicky, so it seems that should be reflected in the design aesthetic. But, in the end, I agree with Samlittle that this is your light, Vinh. If you please yourself, I'm sure you'll please your customers.

Assuming the tailcaps will be machined in small quantities, would it be possible to make a few (maybe only one? :)) without machining any slots at all, for the purists (and the divers)?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The SLN, as it stands, is austerely beautiful, and all business. There is no extraneous machining, not even knurling. Jony Ive would love it. The twisty tailcap is intended to be even more rugged than the clicky, so it seems that should be reflected in the design aesthetic. But, in the end, I agree with Samlittle that this is your light, Vinh. If you please yourself, I'm sure you'll please your customers.

Assuming the tailcaps will be machined in small quantities, would it be possible to make a few (maybe only one? :)) without machining any slots at all, for the purists (and the divers)?

The side slots are primarily a functional detail for grip not trits. They are mandatory for operational not looks. Trits install is just there for those so inclined. The 3 rear trits slots is also a functional design for night identification both on the night stand and under water. Retriveving the light if drop under water, in the woods, sand, or grass will be easier with trits installed. The 3mm ones are Very bright and is not just jewelry. The slots are on their own platform and does not take away from strength. Not installing any trits would be the no fuss tailcap. This tailcap design is also cheaper than our orginal 6 point star design which has an awkward side drill lanyard hole and no pocket clip.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just snuck mine into some product shots.... ;)

I must say I was also surprised at how pocket friendly the chonker is as well. Didn't really notice it when I EDC'd it a few days.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I wear tight jeans so I sure as hell feel them. I use this light a lot at my second job at a building where I do some maintenance work. I like it on my rear pocket. Surely I am bias but it feels kinda bad *** to draw every time hahah. I enjoy the clicky for sure but I still feel I will enjoy the twisty even more. But who knows. We will see.

Oh once in a while I have the urge to just drop the light on purpose hahahahah. Surely dont have this urge with any other light.

I kinda want the body section to be filled with like 10 Oring grooves so I can leave the first three empty for heat dissipation and fill in the rest for grip....hmmm

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
I wear tight jeans so I sure as hell feel them. I use this light a lot at my second job at a building where I do some maintenance work. I like it on my rear pocket. Surely I am bias but it feels kinda bad *** to draw every time hahah. I enjoy the clicky for sure but I still feel I will enjoy the twisty even more. But who knows. We will see.

Oh once in a while I have the urge to just drop the light on purpose hahahahah. Surely dont have this urge with any other light.

I kinda want the body section to be filled with like 10 Oring grooves so I can leave the first three empty for heat dissipation and fill in the rest for grip....hmmm

O rings who needs o rings? Next years turbo headed SBT90.2 ,will have some fantastic cooling fins!!!!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
P60vn 650.2
Max 11500 LED Lumen
Max 8600L in SLN Twisty Proto Shown
Crazy Bright but of course has hint of purple

TRHROkX.jpg

WEZUMvh.jpg

cYermAE.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?

I'm still curious whether there was any effect from the white MCPCB.:popcorn:

Also, any word on the remaining lights from batch one?

Thanks Vinh.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I was away the last 2-3 days and I am so behind on emails.
Had some important family matters that needed me my presence.

Some of batch 1 and 2 is machined and done but they are all at the anodizing shop. They told me there is a technical issue they are having at the shop that will add a 3 weeks delay from today. I am so sorry for this....I will update with whatever details I get in as soon as I have it.

White MCPCB and Blue MCPCb shows no noticeable difference with my sphere reading. I compared both at different output levels but still could not conclude anything specific. Therefore its more or less a color preference.

SKV89

Enlightened
Did you compare it with black host or silver host? Would love to see a comparison between black vs silver too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Did you compare it with black host or silver host? Would love to see a comparison between black vs silver too.

Black & silver too did not make any difference that I can differentiate. Variance between LED and circuitry are far greater than these differences. Unless we haev a reflector shape angled reflecting surface I dont think these small changes will make any noticable diff on a mule.

Latest posts