• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Bulbs In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nell

Enlightened
Your CPF mail box is full, I just emailed you through your company's address.

Thanks.

Yooper

Enlightened
lambda said:
...We also made some nice prototypes of the old PR222 bulb - is there a demand for this style LED bulb also?

And question two - for those who want to use more than 2 cells, is there enough demand to make sense to make a 3 cell version?

PR22? I can't think of a place I would use one

3 cell? Yes!

gl22man

Enlightened
Yooper said:
PR22? I can't think of a place I would use one

3 cell? Yes!

I agree maybe could use a few 3 cell but not any screw in type.. By the way Yooper where are you from,my aunt lives in Petoskey about half hour or so from Boyne MNT...
Mike...

randyo

Enlightened
I could use a couple of the screw-in type. These are great for replacing the crappy incandescent that are used in portable microscopes, illuminated magnifiers, etc.
I will also be sending PP for 4 of the PR types. Thanks for offering them.

Last edited:

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
I could use a couple of the screw-in type. These are great for replacing the crappy incandescent that are used in portable microscopes, illuminated magnifiers, etc.
I will also be sending PP for 4 of the PR types. Thanks for offering them.

Dang! You're right. I've got a couple old microscopes too; ones a very nice 1200X that always sufferd from being a little dim on the high powers. These bulbs should cure that.

randyo if want one or two of the screw in bulbs, I can provide those for posting the good idea.

TinderBox - Yes, these bulbs contain reverse polarity protection.

b2eze

Newly Enlightened
Yep, If you decide to produce the screw in type (PR22?) I have a couple of magnifyers and an old aluminum Justrite "penlight style pilots" I bought at an Army-Navy store 40+ years ago I'd upgrade. If you don't go into production, I'd like a prototype if one is available. Shamefully, in my youth, I abused the pilot light by removing the hood that held green and red plastic strips that changed the lights color and cut the tip off the pocket clip because it caught on my jeans pocket. (Flashaholic even then) But the old light deserves a chance to shine again!

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
lambda said:
We also made some nice prototypes of the old PR222 bulb; the one that had a screw in base and a lens on the end of the bulb. I remember these being used in the old 2AAA pen lights. However, I've not been able to find anything that uses these bulbs anymore. So the question is - is there a demand for this style LED bulb also?

I'd absolutely buy several with the screw base. They're just what I need for my antique Eveready lights. They're also used in the Tekna Splashlite. And I still use those old penlights. Please make them.

Yooper

Enlightened
I retract my PR22 statement above. I just checked my mini-microscope that I've always thought needed a brighter, whiter light, and it uses a PR22 bulb. So I'd buy one too!

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The screw-in LED bulbs look like this. The electronics are in the base of the bulb. I've tried the bulb in an ancient 1AA light and it works. The 1AA light is brighter and has a whiter beam then the original incandescent bulb. The LED bulb would be brighter with 2AA batteries.

I'm finding it hard to find lights that use the old screw in bulbs. Somewhere, around the house I have a 2AA pocket light that takes a screw in bulb. I think I got the pocket light decades ago at Radio shack, about the time the Jim Morrison & the Doors album came out. It is red with a white cap and had a red rotary screw switch in the head and…

screwinbaseled6cg.jpg

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
I'd be interested in buying a version with a PR222 base as well. I have an old flashlight I'd be interested in resurrecting. Would the voltage requirement be the same? ie., no more than 3V?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, 3V is the limit for either drop-in.

I'm still looking for that old RadioShack flashlight. It had a red thumb wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.