• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Bulbs In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
If you were to produce a 3 cell version, any idea about an ETA?

I have about 3 weeks left living in Michigan then I move back home to the UK and would like to avoid the extra shipping costs...:)

van1

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for 1 bulb and 1 SMJLED kit for AA flashlight.

thanks,
keith:paypal: :thanks:

Illuminated

Enlightened
Hi Kevin,

PP sent for:

(3) Powered SMJLED units ($28)
(3) SMJLED ($15.50)
(3) Mineral Glass lens ($7.50)

Total============ $51.00

Thanks - John

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda,

I'm a light collector other than flashaholic. I have a number of pocket lights and penlights fitted with the Tektite L222.
The L222 uses a 5 MM LED that is badly overdriven, but at the same time is very well heatsink'd.
The L222 kills the LED for any input voltage above 3.2 Volt, and is too sensitive to any variation of the LED Vf.
The boost converter of the Tektite L222 uses a blocked oscillator that is prone to feed the LED with more current than necessary. It stops working at 0.8 Volt when there is no more bias. (to date the only converter biased from the output is the one in the Arc AAA, that works with 0.4 Vin).
I ended up using zinc-carbon cells in my Tektite L222 upgraded lights, to avoid some alkaline batteries (that have 1.68 V open circuit) to fry the expensive drop-in.

A MJLED replacement for L222 would be welcome and, very likely, less expensive, more reliable, and brighter...

Anthony

Lightwave

Newly Enlightened
Lambda,

I would be interested in the screw-base PR222 bulbs. I have an old Tekna Micro-Lite that uses a screw-base bulb driven by 2 N cells, so it would be prerfect for that.

I also have a couple single AA cell lights, probably from the 60s, that could use that bulb. Would it be significantly dimmer driven by just one cell?

I also collect other older lights that use screw-base bulbs, but not the ones with the lens built in; the bulb part is spherical instead. Are you considering making those? They would provide a great upgrade for an old light - I imagine they would be significantly brighter, as well as whiter light and longer runtime.

Tim

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all.

All orders are packed and will ship out tomorrow.

Looks like I better start working on the PR222 and 3 cell version...

Thanks everyone, and please, give your feedback here on the bulbs when you receive them.

Lambda

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Payment has been sent for one SMJ-PR and for 4xglass Minimag lenses.

As for the 3 cell version of the SMJ-PR, I definately think there would be enough interest to do at least a limited run. I'd take one for sure!

Nell

Enlightened
Did you get my mail on holding my order until the 3 cells are available?
Thanks.

lambda said:
Hi all.

All orders are packed and will ship out tomorrow.

Looks like I better start working on the PR222 and 3 cell version...

Thanks everyone, and please, give your feedback here on the bulbs when you receive them.

Lambda

changsn

Newly Enlightened
Lambda - Goofed in my PP and oversent by $10. Can you refund? I really don't need 4 bulbs. Thanks

Sam

Lightwave

Newly Enlightened
Lambda,

Paypal sent for:
2 SMJLED with standard base $10.50
3 SMJLED with PR base $28.00

Total: $38.50

Thanks for making these available!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.