• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SMJLED PR Bulbs In Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Princeton Tec 2AA incandescent headlamp a little while ago to keep around for emergencies. The beam isn't very good with an incandescent bulb, but it was cheap and I wanted a headlamp that could run off of AA batteries since they are so common. Now that I put the SMJLED in it, the beam is so much better! It is comparable to the River Rock headlamp that I have. I think having a 2AA LED waterproof headlamp for about a total of $25 is a pretty good deal!

I also put a SMJLED in a 2C Mag. I didn't really like the beam quality unless I put it in the tightest focus, but then the hotspot is a little too small for me. Not a knock against the SMJLED, but more a result of the Mag reflector. I hope I have some Writeright or a LDF lens around to smooth out the beam.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of those 84 cent Walmart POSes and put the SMJLED in it. I read 520 lux with the included cells, versus the 830 I get with my Fenix L1P. That makes it about 60% the brightness of the L1P and uses far far less power.

Beamshots:

SMJLED%20PR%2084cent%202xAA%20-2exp.jpg

-2 exposure

SMJLED%20PR%2084cent%202xAA.jpg

-0 exposure

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Bulbs arrived today, shipping was very fast. Popped one into a cheap plastic 2AA and was VERY impressed
wow.gif
Gotta try it in a 2D Mag as soon as I can borrow one (gave away most of those Mags a long time ago). Really want to see how it works in a focusing light. Will have to buy more once I figure out how many Mags my relatives are harboring.

Now I really want the 222's!!! Be good if it comes out soon so I can do a single order with the additional PR's. Outstanding workmanship.
goodjob.gif

Monolith

Enlightened
Bulbs arrived yesterday. Won't have a chance to try them until after the weekend. Thanks.

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: just one. This looks like the best deal on the forum.

For $10 you get 60% of a luxeon. Darn good deal.

Also lambda check your PM inbox, its full.

I was thinking... what about a double or triple SMJLED? they are only 5mm LEDs right?

You could cram two or three into the PR base's 'bulb' area. Although that may negate the efficiency...

Yooper

Enlightened
Melchior said:
I was thinking... what about a double or triple SMJLED? they are only 5mm LEDs right?

You could cram two or three into the PR base's 'bulb' area. Although that may negate the efficiency...

I think that's a great idea, similar to the Nite_Ize 3 LED units. We've got efficiency to burn here - 3 SMJLED's in a 2C Mag would be a sweet light!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an SMJLED PR 2 cell light bulb today. Thanks.

It is now installed in a black and yellow 2D RayOVac Industrial light, a model a few years old with 2 magnets on the side. This flashlight will remain in my truck for roadside emergencies.

The LED will give this flashlight the longevity and robustness I need for emergency lighting at a low enough cost so that I won't lose a lot of money if the light is stolen.

Thanks again.

AshA4

Banned
I actually LOL Cratz when I saw your pic...that's the host I'm using with one of the bulbs and it's my new favorite utilty light!:rock:

I just found a Coleman 2D in the utility closet I bought at BigLots for like $4 cause "I just had to try it" and the bulb is sweet in this thing. Now this is my favorite long running emergency light!

I would also be interested in the screw type bulbs when you make them for my cheapie little Rayovac pen lights...let us know when available please!

Last edited:

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!
Got mine today and they've done wonders for the lightsabers.
The reflectors in the sabers are pretty sad but despite that the brightness increase is noticeable.
That and the increased efficiency make it a "must have" for any other young Jedis out there.

:goodjob:

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin,
Yes, please have a 3 cell version made! I would even buy some 4 cell versions. I have a couple of old Tekna 4 cell dive lights that could use these.

Last edited:

unclearty

Enlightened
I think there is definitely a place for both 3 and 4 cell versions of these. I imagine that one of these in a light like the Tec40 would be an ideal long running emergency light.

ledaholic

Enlightened
Got my two in today, that was fast! I only have one left now. I put one in one of those power failure lights I thought had 2 nicads in it. Woops, wrong one. It was really bright for about 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.