So where is the Zebralight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendlite

Newly Enlightened
George

In post #197 above, it is reported that there will now be a three week delay. Can you please give us an authoritative update on when delivery is now scheduled to begin?

I think this would be especially helpful because you have generated so much interest (over 200 posts and nearly 8500 viewings of this thread alone in just over 2 months) that it would be a shame to have the momentum get hijacked by less than wholly accurate and timely information. (I mean absoloutely NO disparagement of Shakeylegs; I just think it would be better for Zebralight to report directly on the situation.)

Thanks, John

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Just FYI, the 3 week time frame I mentioned came from George on that date.
Perhaps a brief update from Zebralight is in order.
George?

ZebraLight

Enlightened
Just FYI, the 3 week time frame I mentioned came from George on that date.
Perhaps a brief update from Zebralight is in order.
George?

We were trying to find a good design/material for the pocket clip. That took us several weeks, and we finally decided on a design with a steel wire clip molded on a silicon bracket. I'll post a software generated picture on Monday. The mold for that silicon bracket is more complicated since we need to place the steel wire clip (under tension) in the molding process. Our supplier promised a late August delivery for the mold.

The weight for the headlamp is about 17 gram (w/o battery, headband).

There will be a limited quantity Q5 version in addition to the P4 version.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Thanks, ZebraLight. Keep us posted here regularly if you can, even if you don't have much news to tell us - as you can see, we start getting all twitchy if we don't get regular updates.

Try to check the thread for queries and post at least once a week if this is possible for you.

flex76italy

Enlightened
We were trying to find a good design/material for the pocket clip. That took us several weeks, and we finally decided on a design with a steel wire clip molded on a silicon bracket. I'll post a software generated picture on Monday. The mold for that silicon bracket is more complicated since we need to place the steel wire clip (under tension) in the molding process. Our supplier promised a late August delivery for the mold.

I'd like to grab the Q5 version, two unit if possible! :whistle:

Thanks.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would take at least one Q5 version (some friends might be interested too, it depends on the final price).

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast

holy crap thats lightweight! :twothumbs

bendlite

Newly Enlightened
<There will be a limited quantity Q5 version in addition to the P4 version.

Sorry to be so ignorant, but could someone please explain what a Q5 is in comparison to a P4 (I do know what the latter is.)

Thanks.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to be so ignorant, but could someone please explain what a Q5 is in comparison to a P4 (I do know what the latter is.)
P4 Bin: 81 to 87 Lumens at 350mA
Q3 Bin: 94 to 100 Lumens at 350mA

I couldn't find the specs for Q5 but its seems each jump is a 6.5% increase, so a Q5 would be:
Q5 Bin: ~ 106 to 113 Lumens at 350mA

ZebraLight

Enlightened
P4 Bin: 81 to 87 Lumens at 350mA
Q3 Bin: 94 to 100 Lumens at 350mA

I couldn't find the specs for Q5 but its seems each jump is a 6.5% increase, so a Q5 would be:
Q5 Bin: ~ 106 to 113 Lumens at 350mA

From Cree specs:

Q5 Bin: 107 to 114 at 350mA
P4 Bin: 80.6 to 87.4 at 350mA

The Q5 is about 32% over P4 in lumens at 350mA.

The price for the H50-P4 is $39, the H50-Q5 is $49.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Cree specs:

Q5 Bin: 107 to 114 at 350mA
P4 Bin: 80.6 to 87.4 at 350mA

The Q5 is about 32% over P4 in lumens at 350mA.

The price for the H50-P4 is $39, the H50-Q5 is $49.

AWESOME! About how long until there will be a pre order for these, and when can we expect them to ship? :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts