• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: MC-E Breech-loading Floodlight

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Reduced: MC-E Breech-loading Room-sweeper

Nice! Beautiful piece of work... I love this light!!! Excellent craftsmanship. Great attention to detail! What else can I say, it's GREAT!

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

One hell of a deal for a custom one-off light! You will not find a better quality custom light for less, can you imagine the hours that were put into this! I'd guess no less than 15.

Nice Job!!

Last edited by a moderator:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fair enough!
And yes, I understand what it takes to build something like that as I am a hobby machinist myself and can appreciate the time, attention to detail and quality of that build. It really is a great light!
Good luck with the sale. I know it will make someone a great light.

saltytri

Enlightened

Gents, thank you for the kind comments and support. lovecpf

mglamb

Newly Enlightened
Re: SOLD: MC-E Breech-loading Room-sweeper

Nice catch, his work is outstanding! :twothumbs

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice!

Why Brass for the LE?

Mac

saltytri

Enlightened

Very nice!

Why Brass for the LE?

Mac

Thanks, Mac.

The outer ring on the driver board is soldered to the pill, so it needs to be brass at least at that point. There are certainly other ways to do it, such as pressing a brass ring into an aluminum pill to provide a solder point, or retaining the board with a threaded retaining ring. I've done it in all these ways and they all work. The knock on using brass would be that it's not as good as aluminum in conducting heat. Here, there is lots of mass and plenty of snug contact surface between the pill and the body wall so the heat gets drawn out just fine. The body surface heats up quickly, which is a good sign.

proline

Enlightened
A few words about the light.

It works real well. Nice white tint, real decent smooth flood with a bit of punch because it's so bright. A real useful light. Simple twist one speed, on or off.

It's a little pudgy for an EDC but it has to be for the pudgy 26650 battery it uses. Worked out real good as I was just getting into the 26650's.

Nicely machined and handsomely coated. Feels good in the hand. I found a black nylon with Velcro pepper spray belt pouch for it. It was a little long as I acquired it for a different light but a little piece of foam in the bottom adjusted the length to fit.

Saltytri's work is outstanding. The two samples I have from him show a quality of workmanship that makes his pieces well worth having…. :D