Sooo... How do you EDC when not attached to keys?

skillet

Enlightened
Around the neck...

Flashlight011.jpg

mightysparrow

Enlightened
coat pocket in holster, when coat is worn
cargo pocket in holster, when cargo pants are worn
belt holster (Ripoffs:twothumbs) when not wearing coat (NOT goofy-looking!)

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Belt holster and/or pocket carry. As to looking funny, they don't see it, or the Glock 30 and spare mag.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Last edited:

computernut

Enlightened
I carry my EDC light either on my belt in a holster or in a side pants pocket. I've been finding that the bezels start eating holes so I've started putting an F04 on them.

I have 3 sets of keys which I rotate (1 set per car), so I cant exactly attach it to a set of keys. What are some other ways to EDC your flashie?

Similar issue here. Here is what I do:

Work keys and work key fob - one set. Only carry sometimes.

Car keys - all separate. Only carry sometimes.

Home/shed/steering wheel lock/Fenix E01/etc. - go with me EVERYWHERE.

So since I'm at work today this is what I have in my pocket:

Pocketfulofkeys.jpg

lightsandknives

Enlightened
1 AAA on keychain, and 1x123 (normally P1D CE Q5) loose in pocket. That may change when the Quark 123 neutral gets here! Others rotated through briefcase, car, etc..

T-3

Newly Enlightened
Currently, my fav EDC is the LD20 which resides in my pocket along with my pen, olfa knife and Burts Bee's lip balm!! Took a bit of getting used to it, but now I hardly notice it!
I'm seeking the best keychain choice for EDC now... gotta do some searching! :whistle:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon/fauxton on each set of keys
1 AA or AAA light clipped to a pocket
Several in the BOB/man bag during work days or if I will be carrying a bag wherever I'm going after work (I've lost count at this point) :eek:oo:
1 carried in the pockets when I'm off work

Krotchitty

Newly Enlightened
Ra Clicky 170 or Novatac 85 in left front pocket, vertically, next to (thin) wallet. Alternatively I will carry an EX10 clipped to my pocket.

The clips on the Ra and NT just don't work for me, but the EX10 + clip is a well executed carry solution.

Last edited:

DigMe

Enlightened
I do not like a bunch of stuff in my pockets including a bulky keychain. I also do not like the Batbelt look so anything that gets clipped onto my belt or waistband stays concealed. With my Preon 1 if I'm wearing jeans I clip it into the little change pocket (at an angle to accomodate sitting) and that is absolutely perfect. I wish all my pants had a change pocket. When I don't have that pocket though I clip it into my waistband with the clip underneath my belt (also at an angle to accomodate sitting and squatting). This also works well and is invisible.

Unfortunately the Mini Quarks don't have clips and that was a dealbreaker for me because it cuts out so many edc options. So it looks like you'll be stuck either tossing it into a pocket or going Batbelt.

brad

Mark620

Enlightened
I carry a Fenix P1D with the lobsterclaw clip. Just move it from key chain to key chain or leave it loose in my pocket.

crocodilo

Enlightened
My jeans are permanently marked with the silhouette of a 2x123 Surefire in the left front pocket. Always a light in there. Right front pocket is reserved for a Spyderco.

jblackwood

Enlightened
I always have my EDC clipped to my back left pocket with the light inside the pocket itself. It's the least obtrusive way I've found to carry a light that's also big enough to be worth carrying. :thumbsup:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
What? No one carries their torch in an ankle holster?

LOL!

well for now i got a cheap free light on my keys. taht will be replaced with the 123mini soon..

i pocket clip a quark 2AA

coin pocket a quark AA

jacket pocket( back pocket when not wearing a jacket) a Tk20

Preon1 with clicky cliped around my shirt neck...just to get a feel for it.

Ants

Newly Enlightened
Wow tons of replies already!

So my main concern about letting it ride loose is that it will go the way of my Mag mini i had... And it bid me farewell and left me. Usually I'll find it somewhere like in the garage where I used it last. Im worried that the same thing will happen to my "EDC". I guess you could say that its really up to me to make sure when I use it I put it back with my "key stash"

Unfortunately I do not have a set of keys I use consistently.

And the CPF effect? I was already looking at the Preon II titanium as a formal carry WHOA

Merry Christmas to me... lol

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have key chain lights, some glued back to back to give twice the light:

three key rings each have a double
  • On my ID badge neck lanyard, also a UV for document checking there.
  • On zipper tabs of bags I may open in the dark.
  • On the latch of my consul between car seats by the mileage log.
  • On the kitchen shelf.
  • On a lanyard by my bed.
  • When I fish, 6 tackle bags have key chain light zipper pulls.
  • My tool boxes have them on the lids.
  • My main EDC, a 14500 powered Q something cree, has a wrist lanyard and a mini carabiner and an alligator clip. If not clipped to a shirt pocket most of the time it sits in the loop made for it in my Nite Ize cell phone case. Though a small case with a small Nokia the cases are smartly designed, two more 14500 fit in an inside pocket for spare run time. (soon I am updating that DX C2 light with an R2 version)
  • Often, my 3x week walk is in the dark, everyday when I go to my car for work 0430 hours,every time going shopping after work, cross chest on a strap under my arm is my rechargeable P7 on 3.7 volts, 900 lumen D bin. Exactly like this one I sold, the thread has a detailed design description of features: LINK: SOLD-RECHARGEABLE 2C P7, Modes, Electronic GID & more features
  • rscn0832dv2.jpg
I am glad I am not obsessed with flashlights, then people would think I am a flashaholic!

Last edited: