Sooo... How do you EDC when not attached to keys?

Nubo

Enlightened
Nitecore AA around the neck with some paracord. Though I keep meaning to change that to some dog-tag type chain. Not that I'm looking for it, but if I ever get into an altercation and someone grabs it, the paracord would be a big disadvantage.

travelinman

Enlightened
Sit down at a sewing machine for 2 min and stitch a line of stitches about 1.5" down from the outside of the pocket (just the pocket which is inside the leg) of jeans, starting about 2' from the top.

That creates a dedicated pocket within your pocket and will hold an Olight M20 easily upright, and separate from the other stuff (keys etc.) in the pocket. there's still lots of room in the main pocket.

Try it with 3 or 4 safety pins to get the right size, no permanent downside!

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
The Lummi Wee is on the keychain, the Muyshondt Aeon is loose in the change pocket. I dont want any crap hanging on the primary one I use. They both look like new, but then again they are both titanium.

fiveform

Newly Enlightened
Almost any 1 cell torch in one of many hidden pockets of my ScotteVest jackets or vests... :thumbsup:

cache529

Newly Enlightened
I plan to attach a split ring to my ez123 then attach it to a quick release (or a mini carabiner with swivel) and put it on my keychain. Since you have more than one set of keys, you can get the quick release for each set (they're fairly cheap) and attach the light to whichever set you need to take with you. It's easy off/easy on.

fhenixlynx

Newly Enlightened
does your lens on your light get messed up with all the change,pocket knife,and whatever else you have in your pocket? or do you cover it with something,i got a ITP keyring light on the way just like to know. thanks

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Fenix P1D with the lobsterclaw clip. Just move it from key chain to key chain or leave it loose in my pocket.

Same here, except my EDC light is a NiteCore EZAA neutral white. I also carry a Quark AA2 in the large pen/pencil pocket inside my messenger/cycling bag.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
does your lens on your light get messed up with all the change,pocket knife,and whatever else you have in your pocket? or do you cover it with something,i got a ITP keyring light on the way just like to know. thanks
Nope. I've been carrying a Fenix L0D loose in my pocket for a couple of years with pocket knife, fingernail clippers, and assorted other stuff. Finish is getting pretty worn, but the lens is still nearly perfect. Even if it did get scratched, though, it wouldn't make much difference. Tiny diameter lights are by nature floody.

I use the light just about daily, often several times in a day. I'd find it a nuisance to have to drag out keys, a knife, or other junk with it each time I use it. It's enough light for 99% of my needs -- I carry an additional potent light when I'm out walking at night or have some specific need for one.

c_c

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I, like many others, pocket clip my Fenix P3D which is my EDC of choice.

I found the LD10's tail end was a bit sharp on my hand when reaching past the light for my car keys in the same pocket. The P3D lacks the cutaways on the tail end that seem to be present on recent Fenix lights.

Although the runtime on the P3D is pretty great, I do keep a small plastic battery holder which contains 2 spare 123 cells in my car.

I do often wear cargo pants but I find the pockets further down the legs feel uncomfortable if I have a light laying horizontally in it. I still find pocket clipped to a standard pocket the most comfortable way to go.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a rough time carrying lights loose in pants pockets -- got too much cellphones, pocket computer, keys, etc. there already.

My current loadout (kinda heavy, since depending which shift they put me on I am either walking/cycling to work at 0dark30 in the morning or home the next morning) is:
  • Modded fauxton on keys
  • Microstream AAA pocket clipped in pocket
  • hotrod 14670 minimag in a belt holster
  • WF-008 recoil thrower in another holster
  • Download's MC-E EDC (one of my current bike headlights) in pants pocket (Yeah, I said I don't like this. Still looking for a deep-carry clip for it, but light is nice enough I have to have it on me.)

And these, all in my leather jacket:
  • x2000 (zooming aspheric) 3xAAA-on-18650 (other headlight)
  • First Alert 10-color (RGB flood) 3xAAA-on-18650 (taillight, set to red blinking)
  • Usually one to three other smallish (18650/3xAAA/2xAA) lights
  • One big gun -- 2C to 3D size, Mag or Brinkmann, hotwire or LED
As for the coin pocket -- it's great for spare 14670s and 18650s. If I wasn't carrying bike lighting on my person, I probably wouldn't need so many spares, and that pocket would work great for flashlights, especially tiny stuff like your Mini123. But mine is pretty full, and most of my EDC lights are a little big for it.

For a while, I EDCed an EZ-AA with deep-carry clip, clipped into my shirt collar. But it got to be too much hassle putting it on every morning, and I already had the streamlight (for low-mode = up-close work) and minimag (high = everything else), so the EZ-AA was kinda redundant. After I lost my Akoray, it didn't share batteries with anything else, so rather than pack a spare 14500, it just wasn't worth packing.

So far, I've received a number of comments from coworkers about my flashlights from my using them, but no comments at all about the belt holsters, so I don't know how much to believe those who say they're especially dorky looking. (Did get a comment when I was rushing in one morning and forgot I had a 4D MagP7 swinging on my hip, but that's not EDC...)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Mini123 on keyring hanging from belt clip.

Quark Titanium123X2 in coat pocket.

EZCR2 on work keyring in pocket.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I plan to attach a split ring to my ez123 then attach it to a quick release (or a mini carabiner with swivel) and put it on my keychain. Since you have more than one set of keys, you can get the quick release for each set (they're fairly cheap) and attach the light to whichever set you need to take with you. It's easy off/easy on.

Good idea! Please put up a picture when you've done it. I'd like to try it too

T0RN4D0

Enlightened
Winter time is nice for carrying stuff around, because of extra pockets in the jacket. And i allways wear jeans with usefull pockets, so i just stuff things into one of them. :)

Latest posts