Spooky music to play on Halloween

What is your favorite Lionheart?

• Total voters

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, if you like that try out Fade to Bluegrass!!! Or "In a Metal Mood"...that should freak the adults out pretty good -- or at least get a laugh out of them!

For generally strange music, try this:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-7096007-3758518?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

We learned about this instrument in a music class I took in college (Music and Technology in the 20th Century)...the instrument is the Ondioline...neat music...creepy, but not really in a "horror movie" type way...

Some of the songs are more creepy than others...

JM-99

ACMarina said:
Getting started early, eh??

I favor the London Symphony Orchestra's reditions of Pink Floyd, myself. It's a little haunting, especially when the older folks come along and try and figure out where they know the music from. .

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about some more spooky music... stuff that makes your hair stand up. No slayer or Untombed suggestions, please, I want the kids to get really spooked out, not rocked out.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, how awesome is this - the suggestions I thought of when reading the thread title have already been posted!

Here they are again anyway. :grin2:

The Monster Mash. I got an MP3 of it and put it on a CD with some other songs for listening to on my way to and from work every day. I think I heard it about two dozen times...

Pink Floyd. "Sysyphus: Part Four" on the "Ummagumma" studio album gets really, really scary about halfway through. Tip: don't listen to it if you're alone, at night, in the dark, with a cold breeze blowing in. On the same album, "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Picture" is guaranteed to upset small children. Same tip as with "Sysyphus: Part Four."

I am SO dressing up this year, because I have the perfect idea (I thought of it months ago, actually): Commander Cash!

EDIT: Almost forgot - if there are any teens or young adults, you'll make them scream in absolute terror if you loop phrases like "We need more gold!", "You've not enough minerals", and "Not enough Vespene gas." If you want, I think I can provide some of those SFX tracks.

Last edited:

leduk

Enlightened
Dualing banjos and leave a pot of vaseline in the window!

Cheers

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a bunch of Castlvania OST's from the various games on various systems. I absolutly LOVE Castlevania soundtracks, it's some of the best game music ever made. I'd suggest those, but you'd need a filesharing program to find them.

Also suggesting old Pink Floyd, old Hawkwind, Daemonia, The Residents, Aphex Twins, Frank Zappa- 200 Motels (used to weird me out as a kid, LOVE it now).

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I downloaded some stuff from bit-torrent. I searched isohunt.com for halloween, spooky, and horror, and came up with a few selections. Plenty for my haunting. I am going to play 2 different sources in front of the house. I'm going to make some cd's for my neighbors so they can play some spooky music, too. Hopefully we have one spooky block.

The halloween theme appears a lot, and is remarkably spooky.

Most of the sound effect compilations are pretty weak. If you needed a single sound for a local effect, maybe, but not great for shuffle on the ipod.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three movie scores by Jerry Goldsmith come to mind:

1) The Omen (1976 version). Can you imagine that "Ave Satani" was nominated for a Best Song Oscar?

2) Gremlins. "The Gremlin Rag" for good Halloween fun.

3) Poltergeist. To chill out.