Summary:what was your 3 best flashlights purchases for year 2015?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milwaukee True View 3,000 lumen floodlight- will light up my entire backyard and is brighter than a 500 watt halogen worklight. On low, it will light up a room very well for over 11 hours (650 lumens). Medium gives plenty of light for work with a nice compromise on runtime (1500 lumens for 4 hours 40 minutes). Battery swaps are quick and charge times are way faster than charging Ds or a lead brick battery. Batteries are rated for 2,000 charges. Can be used as a corded 120 volt light as well.

Bushnell Pro 2 123A 350 lumen flashlight- Very bright on high with decent tint and nice beam pattern. Low is plenty of light for hiking.

Bushnell 1000 lumen lantern- Very versatile lantern with the brightness control dial, red l.e.d. setting, and 150 lumen flashlight.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened

Sunwayman C20C
In spite of the closeness of the two brightest, and reversed modes the exceptional design and quality build makes this compact 18650 light a winner. It's barely bigger than the battery and super easy to slip into a pocket and forget about it until you need it. I love the instant on 620 lumen turbo which is plenty bright for most situations. The single smart switch and the feel/function of the switch is first rate. :)

Fenix E99ti Titanium. Awesome everyday carry that you don't even think about until you need it. High end looks and build quality. It could be brighter, but if 100 lumens doesn't let you see in the dark, you need to go to the eye doctor and get a check up.

Fenix PD40
I just got this little monster. 1600 lumens non spotty or floody light, but somewhere in between. The beam is smooth as butter with no real hotspot. The 26650 battery provides it with enough juice to stay on 1000 lumen mode for quite a while, plus with a warmer tint, it will be a good outdoor search light. I wish it would lock on 1600 mode and wish it had a strobe but it doesn't. The single button mode is nice.

Can I do some runners up? :confused:

Runners up:

The Olight S30.

Magnetic tail cap, excellent single switch and user interface, 1000 some odd lumens with nice spacing and a moonlight mode.

Sunwayman F40A

This thing is just a party light! Nice red and blue LEDs along with a nice 1 lumen to 880 range. It does red only, blue only red and blue strobe, red, white pulse and blue police freak out mode, plus the regular light modes ... 5 of them with a nice spread. Runs off 4 safe AA batteries ( another similar model is more compact and uses 3 CR123 batteries. It's amazing all the detail you can see in the dark with that red beam!

Armytek Prime C2 Pro Cool White XM-L2 1050

This light has an excellent semi floody beam with a super smooth spill. 6 modes from .2 lumens to 1050 plus strobe. Rugged powder coaty finish shows wear and tear pretty quick, but it's a rugged build and spec'd out to be tougher than most other lights. Magnetic tail cap is nice too. The only nit is the switch is high effort and impossible to use with gloves unless you have needle point thumbs of steel.

Happy 2016!!

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Maxtoch M24 Sniper BLF Edition- similar throw to my Olight M3XS-UT but much cheaper, at least as well made and a much nicer tint.

Nitecore EC11- 18350 option gives huge performance for so small a light, interesting UI including battery metering, low moonlight mode and good choice of levels.

Exposure Marine XS- Tiny UK made light ( they are as rare as hens teeth! ), very light weight, easily gripped between the teeth using hi-viz silicon band, RCR123 compatible, nice zipped (neoprene?) carry case, quality lanyard and push-on red beacon head cover. Two level output won't break any records but that's not the point of this waterproof light.

Honourable mention- BLF-348 Stainless steel 1 x AAA penlight, astonishing value for money.

Last edited:

tops2

Enlightened
1. Zebralight SC5w: Love this light. Super bright on just one AA battery with long runtime and awesome interface. My favorite.

2. Thrunite TN12 2014: My first and only 18650 light so far and love the power of this light. I use this for when I want the power and throw.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a complete reshuffle of my three most carried lights.

In my pockets are a Zebralight H302W CR123 and a Zebralight SC600 Mkll. In my day pack a Fenix PD40 along with spare batteries for all three lights listed and the Zebralight headband for the H302W CR123. :thumbsup:

ShopGL

Newly Enlightened
After reading about the copper olight on this forum I purchased two Flashlights the Olight S1CU Raw and also the rose gold...I have not purchased a flash light in years and am very impressed. I thought for such a small light it would be nice to have some weight to it. I also bought the Omni-dok charger and some RC123 lithium ions. I am new to lithium ion batteries and wanted a simple charger and did not want to be running around for batteries..

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread, great posts and pics!

My top three of 2015:
Surefire G2 Nitrolon / 6P Original : my first Surefires and my first P60 hosts.
Malkoff MD2 Camo : my first Malkoff body, my first Paypal purchase through CPF, it's Malkoff and it's gorgeous! (Actually, I bought 4 and they are all beautiful)
aside: I have 2 M361Ns and 2 M61WLLs - excellence all around!
Surefire G2X Pro Desert Tan : I am very pleased with this light's performance and I LOVE the way it looks (it seems to take me back to watching the original Star Wars: A New Hope as a child). Mine does not fit 16650 batteries, but it's efficient enough with primaries that I can't complain. I will not hesitate to buy another LED Surefire based on this light.

Bonus flashlight purchase:
Keeppower 16650: bought for the Malkoffs, I have learned through this excellent forum that I can run my P60 incans on them for guilt-free, genuine incandescent fun!

Last edited:

WoodMotorsports

Newly Enlightened
For me:

Malkoff MD60/Surefire M4- A short trip to Enterprise, AL took my favorite battery burner and with the also purchased 17650's turned it into a guilt free, usable beast.

Thrunite TN12 (2014 model)- I've got a pile of modded Surefires, but won't use one as a truck light....because scratches! The TN12 is cheap, runs on 18650 (which, being a vapor means I've got tons of), and has took quite a bit of abuse all year but keeps on ticking. Probably the best value of any flashlight I've bought.

TnT modded Surefire M1- Like the MD60, I about waited to long to get this one done. Luckily Tana found some more reflectors and made what was a used once or twice a year by my wife for "ghost hunting" with a night scope oddity flashlight, and turned it into a 1 cell EDC killer that very few have. Not sure how she's going to find ghosts now however.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first two were easy.
Olight S1, I bought 9 of them, 3 for the cars,
1 for wife, 2 for Christmas presents and 3 for me ( first generation black, ti satin and copper raw).

ToolVN, a LuminTop Tool to the max in copper.

MODAMAG, the third is a tie, the Drake and the Draco, I can't pick just one.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Great participation in this thread! :) It's nice to se all pics, especially of the custom built lights.

Regarding in therms of popularity, i notice that there are a lot of Vihns and Olight S1 in this thread.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Re. Exposure Marine XS
For bykfixer and anybody else interested, regrettably posting photos is not a superpower I possess and yes I have read the threads on this forum explaining how to do it without comprehension!. However the link to the light on the manufacturers website is- http://www.ultimatesportsengineering.com/exposure-lights/adventure-lights/xs

Good enough.

That is one nifty looking light when ordinary just won't do.

Pm sent explaining posting pix through photobucket....

Raven-burg

Newly Enlightened
Yes NorthernStar, the Olight S1 may be a contender for 'light of the year'. It's in my top 3!
They really made an EDC killer with that one!

NorthernStar

Enlightened
But of course.

Or maybe these 3 for me.

Beautiful lights! :)

Yes NorthernStar, the Olight S1 may be a contender for 'light of the year'. It's in my top 3!
They really made an EDC killer with that one!

The S1 is so popular in both the standard version and Ti versions and in the copper versions that almost everyone seems to have one! It is indeed a powerful little light.