Summary:what was your 3 best flashlights purchases for year 2015?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
1. JetBeam WL-S4. Normal shape/form-factor. Crazy lumens on just 2x18650s. And wonderful beam pattern and tint (MTG2).
2. Nitecore EC4SW. Compact form-factor and my first die-cast light. Nice dual buttons and user interface. And very floody beam and tint (MTG2).
3. EagleTac DX30LC2, neutral. Very EDC'able size/form. My brightest single 18650 light that's bone-stock.

ven

Flashaholic
Great choices/lights guys:)

Tough as i cant remember one year from another, all a blur into each :laughing: and no its not age...............:p

Right:thinking: let me think

Not a purchase but a gift, from a special friend on how we got to know each other and in remembrance/celebration of a young special boy. This is a touching gift, very special in many ways, the blue is a gift to my little one Callum:)
Red s2+ triple , around 2800 OTF lumens of around 5000k.........amazing little light! Programmable driver, smoother sanded optics, a little work of art

tk75vnQ70, the 2015 version although its just the host of it, 4 x xhp70's with drivervnx2, so 20 mode groups to pretty much suit most. 14,000lm as is, or 16,000 with carrier mod which reminds me i need to send to vinh! Engraved bezel/heat treated and strap attachment

k60vn, just an awesome light with 230kcd of a stunning beam of throw/spill and great build/UI, an awesome all round type light imo which should suit the demands of most. Just love the de-domed xhp70........and heat treated bezel

As the 1st is a gift, i will throw in my most used light,well the CQvn part is as the host is new. 4x xp-g2 5000k 4 mode, always starts in low and used daily in work

A close tn32UTvn but in truth i have not had the time to test/use it with weather and time of year commitments, as i like pics :eek:i will throw one in anyway:)

Regards ven:)

ps-make it at least 5 next time!:nana:

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened
I am Green with Envy VEN

I plan on getting this year a TK75VN as well as the toolvn

My list next year I hope will include those

For now

My PD35 tac
TK75
and PD40 is a close 3rd over the E25ue

Great choices/lights guys:)

Tough as i cant remember one year from another, all a blur into each :laughing: and no its not age...............:p

Right:thinking: let me think

Not a purchase but a gift, from a special friend on how we got to know each other and in remembrance/celebration of a young special boy. This is a touching gift, very special in many ways, the blue is a gift to my little one Callum:)
Red s2+ triple , around 2800 OTF lumens of around 5000k.........amazing little light! Programmable driver, smoother sanded optics, a little work of art

tk75vnQ70, the 2015 version although its just the host of it, 4 x xhp70's with drivervnx2, so 20 mode groups to pretty much suit most. 14,000lm as is, or 16,000 with carrier mod which reminds me i need to send to vinh! Engraved bezel/heat treated and strap attachment

k60vn, just an awesome light with 230kcd of a stunning beam of throw/spill and great build/UI, an awesome all round type light imo which should suit the demands of most. Just love the de-domed xhp70........and heat treated bezel

As the 1st is a gift, i will throw in my most used light,well the CQvn part is as the host is new. 4x xp-g2 5000k 4 mode, always starts in low and used daily in work

A close tn32UTvn but in truth i have not had the time to test/use it with weather and time of year commitments, as i like pics :eek:i will throw one in anyway:)

Regards ven:)

ps-make it at least 5 next time!:nana:

ven

Flashaholic
I wont say my little one has a TOOLvn:sssh: thanks to vinh, so could not include it but it would certainly be a contender for sure!

What i can say is you wont be disappointed with your future purchases, the TOOLvn is an amazing little light!!

swan

Banned
1 Olight S1 original memory model- tiny powerful best edc

2 Olight S1 Ti polished- exceptional finish

3 Olight M2X UT - ground breaking single 18650 thrower

I have a mix of different brands- but very impressed with these olights and they are my stand out purchases for 2015.

ven

Flashaholic
1 Olight S1 original memory model- tiny powerful best edc

2 Olight S1 Ti polished- exceptional finish

3 Olight M2X UT - ground breaking single 18650 thrower

I have a mix of different brands- but very impressed with these olights and they are my stand out purchases for 2015.

Hi swan, how is the No2 ti polished holding up? finish wise

Cheers:)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spy Tri
DSC_1768_zpsv1y7tlsn.jpg

Salty P60 host
8D01D21A-AA28-4627-8F2E-77DC8B18BC2D_zpsljc4bbk7.jpg

Hanko Twisted Trident
BB378809-3B98-4A12-9EC4-845503615A8B_zpszm39l5sw.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
WOW:D stunning,amazing, exquisite..........and that does not cover it str8

I have a feeling 2016 is going to be an expensive year to:p

But worth it;)

Edit- nice tat str8, did it hurt :nana:

swan

Banned
Hi swan, how is the No2 ti polished holding up? finish wise

Cheers:)

Hey Ven, its is a work of art and is a very hard shiny finish, i have a micro fiber cloth which keeps the finger prints at bay and find myself looking for any scratches with a magnifying glass and has not shown any wear carrying it around in my top pocket-very happy.

Also as a bonus for all those that prefer neutral tints my sample is more powerful than the cw one when measured on my light box.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cute kid there ven plus really fantastic lights! :)

I guessing you are vinh's biggest customer, hehe.

My best 3 purchases of 2015 are:
1)Zebralight SC5 (love the feel, interface and 500lumens out of an eneloop)
2)Olight S1 Baton Rose Gold (my first and only copper light although it is pvd coated which makes it pretty)
3)SureFire Titan-A (the first one had issues, but the replacement works well)

Kamerat

Enlightened
Great list! I bought several lights in 2015, but only three are used and therefore reaches my list.

MgGizmo Sapphire 25
Malkoff MD2 host (waiting for the MD1 to arrive)
ZL SC600w MKIII

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I bought a lot of lights in 2015 (most of the lights in these photos were bought in 2015) so it's hard to choose, but two good ones to mention are in this photo of my Damascus and mokume gane lights. On the far left is a custom CR2 size light in etched mokume gane by Photon Fanatic (Fred Pilon), and on the far right is a Mr. Bulk Damascus Chameleon.

For the third light, again, it's a tough choice, but the flamed rainbow titanium 18650 Sinner in the middle here is one of my most beautiful lights. Shown with a couple of my other copper Sinners and a couple of Luter lights, which are beautiful too.

Another photo of the rainbow Sinner with my other Sinner hosts and lights:

And finally, the other possibility is my Vinh modded Fiat Lux Sunwayman Dream V11Rvn LE, also in rainbow flamed titanium. Shown with my other SWM lights including a SWM V10R Ti Squared (titanium black anodized titanium) and a V10R Camo:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Amazing magellan, astonishing and i think you would have struggled if it had been your top 300 lights this year :laughing:

I will say your posts/thread/lights have made 2015 a pleasure to read and drool over on CPF!! Thank you for sharing all your stunning family of lights, big and small:)

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will say your posts/thread/lights have made 2015 a pleasure to read and drool over on CPF!! Thank you for sharing all your stunning family of lights, big and small:)

+1 from me on this to magellan!

- and I say it applies to YOU, ven, too!

lovecpf

ven

Flashaholic
Very kind, though magellans weekly spend is my annual :laughing: ............:thinking: hang on, he has probably beat that in a day!

:grouphug:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well I have to change my choice.

A $30 Lux-Pro was my best purchase. Here's why:

I keep the LP-360 hanging on a lanyard by my front door.
Last night I heard a buncha bumping and thumping out front shortly after dark. I look outside to see four fellas pushing my neighbors truck out the driveway...towards a roll back.
He's outta town.

So I shine the 280+ lumen LP 360 their way at about 50/50 spot/flood. None of the four fellas were familiar. I hear "whut-thuh?!"...I focused to beam on the voice and hear "f***-this, I aint gettin' shot over this s***!"... They stop pushing the truck.

I hear a voice say "it's all good"... by then the tow truck driver has scrambled back to his truck.
Shortly after I hear "where you going?" lol.
I got 'em good n scared...by then I hear my neighbors voice in the crowd saying "hey come back...Mike it's ok"...I say "you sure?" just to ensure it was my neighbor...again I hear "hey Mike it's ok...you're scaring my driver" lol...

Turns out he'd come home early and his ignition module failed while pulling out of his driveway. (I talked to him this morning and he says "man you scared the $*** outta those guys but I appreciate it")

I watched through my window as four people with cel phones and some kinda dim but mega blue light were fastening his truck to the roll back bed.

That folks is why a good flashlight is important. Brands, tints, artifacts...none of that crap matters when it's time to get down to business. On/off is all that matters then..particularly ON!!!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:cool: story, good job one did not shine a deft X back at ya shouting " get a proper light!" and blinded you............may have been the worst purchase this year :laughing:

;)